Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 0:13 Quote
lubricate those rails.

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 1:14 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
It's getting a make over today,put the monarch back on for general riding,save the CCDB for uplifts etc,narrow/wide chainring ring on.Doesnt feel has heavy as it apparently is,that's what's baffling me.Did ardrock in less than 4hrs on it,and I'm not even that fit.I am looking for some air forks at moment,so hopefully get it down to a reasonable weight
my mates AM is about the same kind of build he's was the same waight as yours with coil totoms TANK TANK ha ha . I had the AM at that time but much lighter we both hit a DH track and mine was so skittish in corners but he's was so much more planted for grip . So if you can find a middle ground light is good but not to light

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 2:10 Quote
armageddonactionsports wrote:
Anyone had any issues with a Nukeproof Saddle?

Mines been fine for a few years now. What issues are you having?

As with any saddle not everyone finds them comfortable but I quite like it, it's a good compromise of weight, comfort, price and strength for me.

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 2:46 Quote
does anyone know the spring dimensions for a scalp with a canecreek DB coil shock?
ive got a 350lbs one and i think its a bit too soft so im going to price getting one made up.

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 2:47 Quote
why on earth would you get a spring made?

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 3:03 Quote
I would have thought trying a 400/450lb would have been the obvious choice?

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 3:33 Quote
awh dear dear....if you read what i wrote "so im going to price getting one made up" - price for curiosity to see if its cheaper.

and yea that would be the spring rate id be going for, but that's not what i asked....dimensions.

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 3:36 Quote
i did read, it'd be silly expensive to get 1 spring made.

dimensions-wise, i don't know the size but i know Elka, Fox, Rockshox, Marzocchi's offerings don't fit.

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 3:45 Quote
grand, i assumed there'd be no harm in checking anyway since I've got a Ti spring that came on the bike but i could do with a heavier one

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 3:47 Quote
pro tip, stendec do cool springs for £80ish that are lighter than any titanium spring, and they do one specifically for the double barrel if i recall

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 3:56 Quote
perfect - ta.

ill email them and get some info

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 3:57 Quote
keep me updated? tempted to get one come next payday after i've tried a lighter spring on my scalp!

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 4:02 Quote
since you asked so nicely! lol

sell you a ti spring? Big Grin

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 4:06 Quote
getting a 350 steel on friday to try, i'll let you know how that goes!

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 5:32 Quote
Petem86 wrote:
awh dear dear....if you read what i wrote "so im going to price getting one made up" - price for curiosity to see if its cheaper.

and yea that would be the spring rate id be going for, but that's not what i asked....dimensions.

Get in touch with tf tuned. They will give you all the info you need over the phone and their cane creek springs are around £20 /£30. Get a steel one first and once you have decided on the right weight then you can splash so e cash on a titanium spring.

http://www.tftuned.com

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011084
Mobile Version of Website