Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 12:53 Quote
Hi Peeps,

I'm building a Nukeproof Scout, any recommendations for headset and what size?

It's got a manky looking FSA bearing set in it atm.

It's a second hand frame that I'm going to do a custom paintjob on with Fox 34 160mm fork and a 1x11 XT set up with an 32t oval and a Sunrace 50t cassette.

Everything else is Nukeproof.

Many thanks Chris.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 6:01 Quote
Cane creek has a headset finder on their site.
photo
fan boiing up with this thing

Posted: Aug 2, 2018 at 15:47 Quote
Just finished up building my 2018 Scout 275 frame (large)

XT groupset and brakes
Fox 36 Elite at 160mm - Will leave at 160 for now
Brand X 150mm dropper - Awesome, better than the reverb on my Mega
Nukeproof Horizon wheelset- Hubs sound insane
Specialized 2.6" Butcher/Slaughter combo

Such a fun bike to smash around on, a lot more fatiguing one the descents compared to the Mega carbon but will definitely help improve my riding

HA sits at about 64 with the 160 on, feels just right by the time you sag into the fork a bit

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Aug 2, 2018 at 16:01 Quote
Very tidy looking Scout..

Posted: Aug 3, 2018 at 2:14 Quote
Tidy Scout, tidy workshop, tidy looking pick up

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2018 at 19:06 Quote
Has anybody managed to get a scout 290 to run singlespeed no tensioner? If so what gear ratio?

Posted: Aug 4, 2018 at 11:51 Quote
Fondler wrote:
Has anybody managed to get a scout 290 to run singlespeed no tensioner? If so what gear ratio?
you will need a tensioner for it to work properly

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 2:47 Quote
So my Pulse frame cracked again in the same exact spot as the last one... Anyone knows if I am able to get any type of refund as this is clearly an engineering fail? Or will they just send me another frame like before? It says on the CRC warranty sheet that monetary refund is within 30 days only form purchase, but I'm wondering if maybe anyone else did something similar and somehow got a monetary refund anyway. It sucks because I can't do anything about it unless they re-design the frame to prevent rear and front triangle from colliding when bottoming out. I'm thinking about just selling the one i get from warranty now and getting another frame.
photo

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 6:24 Quote
That’s a bummer. If you like the pulse maybe try an offset bushing or two to increase the eye to eye and an agleset to slack it back out. Otherwise seems like a good time to sell the new frame

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 12:22 Quote
Nice, what rear shock is that, would love me some coil. Smile

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 12:52 Quote
Fast Suspension Holy Grail with climb switch Smile

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 13:06 Quote
Oh, how does it ride, lot's of people complaining about the oem Monarch plus they have on their frames, do Fast have a custom tune for Mega?

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 13:10 Quote
Hetman64 wrote:
So my Pulse frame cracked again in the same exact spot as the last one... Anyone knows if I am able to get any type of refund as this is clearly an engineering fail? Or will they just send me another frame like before? It says on the CRC warranty sheet that monetary refund is within 30 days only form purchase, but I'm wondering if maybe anyone else did something similar and somehow got a monetary refund anyway. It sucks because I can't do anything about it unless they re-design the frame to prevent rear and front triangle from colliding when bottoming out. I'm thinking about just selling the one i get from warranty now and getting another frame.
photo

Demand a refund based upon the fact that this common, also a little bird tells me that Nukeproof are not continuing the Pulse next year so no chance of an upgrade to a potentially fixed version.

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 13:17 Quote
@brigand I've had the Monarch Plus and its not nearly as good as the Fast Suspension Smile (like not even close). Dunno about the Super Deluxe though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018457
Mobile Version of Website