Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 6:57 Quote
Whilst I’m here, does anybody have any real rider feedback from a reactor? Thinking it may be better suited for me. I ride locally round Surrey hills etc but spend a few weeks of the year in Scotland, Wales BPW and am pretty aggressive. Do you think the reactor will hold up to that?

Posted: Apr 25, 2020 at 7:34 Quote
DodoTEBRa wrote:
Hey people... Has any of you painted their Mega some custom colour?
I am thinking of painting mine!
Could you post some pictures of your custom painted bikes?

That's my powder coated Mega 275 2018 Custom

photo

Made by a company in Germany.

New: Oneup Components 210 Dropper with Bikeyoke remote.

Posted: Apr 26, 2020 at 1:55 Quote
JoeHigashi80 wrote:
DodoTEBRa wrote:
Hey people... Has any of you painted their Mega some custom colour?
I am thinking of painting mine!
Could you post some pictures of your custom painted bikes?

That's my custom powder coated Mega 275 2018 Custom

photo

Made by a company in Germany.

New: Oneup Components 210 Dropper with Bikeyoke remote.

That's a beauty mate Drool

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2020 at 21:12 Quote
Does anyone have an in-stock source for NP Scout rear mech (derailleur) hangers? CRC is sold out and the SRAM universal doesn't fit.

Thanks!

Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 12:07 Quote
Have any of you Mega 275 guys tried a 29/27.5 mullet set up ?

Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 18:03 Quote
Finished my dream build last winter. The thing runs like a grape ape.

Frame: 2020 Nukeproof Mega 275 ML
Forks: RockShox 170mm Ultimate, RC2.1 damper
Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe with MegNeg air can
Brakes: SRAM Guide RE calipers/Code RSC levers
Wheels: Mavic DeeMax Elites
Drive Train: SRAM XO1 Eagle
Seat post: RockShox 170mm dropper
Stem: Deity Copperhead 35mm
Pedals: Diety T-Mac
Seat post clamp: Deity
Dropper system: Wolf Tooth cable
Crankset: Desendant DUB boost
Toolset: One-Up EDC stem tool; Dakine spare tube/tire tools/Co2 etc downtube bag
One-Up chain guide/bash guard
Water Bottle setup: custom attached under toptube mounted Fidlock/downtube aux bottle Fidlock mount custom spaced to allow easy removal of tube/tool bag)
Seat: Tioga Outland (looks nasty but is actually the comfortable, most absorbent seat out there)
Mud Guards: Mucky Nutz
Tires: Maxxis Minion DHR 2 rear 2.4/ Maxxis Assegia 2.5 front

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18598999/

Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 19:13 Quote
marko369 wrote:
Working on it right now. Going with the longer stroke metric shock, and a 180 fork, and I figure the small rear wheel should mostly correct the bb height while slacking the bike out a bit.

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 4:27 Quote
pacificnorthwet wrote:
marko369 wrote:
Working on it right now. Going with the longer stroke metric shock, and a 180 fork, and I figure the small rear wheel should mostly correct the bb height while slacking the bike out a bit.

Interested to see how that goes

Can’t figure these numbers out but thinking of swapping my 170mm 27.5 fork for 160mm 29er, shouldn’t lift front too much should it?

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 5:57 Quote
Telebump wrote:

Toolset: One-Up EDC stem tool; Dakine spare tube/tire tools/Co2 etc downtube bag
Water Bottle setup: custom attached under toptube mounted Fidlock/downtube aux bottle Fidlock mount custom spaced to allow easy removal of tube/tool bag)
Seat: Tioga Outland (looks nasty but is actually the comfortable, most absorbent seat out there)

Damn, that's a sweet looking ride. Congrats. I can see mounting a water bottle can be a bit tricky on the Mega frame.

photo

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 9:01 Quote
marko369 wrote:

Can’t figure these numbers out but thinking of swapping my 170mm 27.5 fork for 160mm 29er, shouldn’t lift front too much should it?

I’m pretty sure the radius of a 29er tire is about 20mm more that 650b, so with a 10mm shorter fork you would be halfway to correcting stock geometry. You could dig into axle-to-crown lengths for the fork you buy to maybe find one slightly shorter, but that 10mm is only going to slacken the bike by about a half degree, and will have minimal effect on bb height and reach.

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 9:14 Quote
pacificnorthwet wrote:
marko369 wrote:

I’m pretty sure the radius of a 29er tire is about 20mm more that 650b, so with a 10mm shorter fork you would be halfway to correcting stock geometry. You could dig into axle-to-crown lengths for the fork you buy to maybe find one slightly shorter, but that 10mm is only going to slacken the bike by about a half degree, and will have minimal effect on bb height and reach.

Easy when you say it like that haha

Thanks mate

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 19:15 Quote
Thanks! As for the water bottle I used aircraft sealant (PR 1422) to bond the FidLock mount under the top tube. Basically the same sealant they use to "glue" carbon frames together, Hardens like tire rubber; totally bombproof. The FidLock bottle just fits a ML frame.
Trinimon wrote:
Telebump wrote:

Damn, that's a sweet looking ride. Congrats. I can see mounting a water bottle can be a bit tricky on the Mega frame.

photo

Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 1:40 Quote
pacificnorthwet wrote:
marko369 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, you win 20 mm from the wheel, and 20 mm on the fork (572 vs 591 for a 27 180 Lyrik vs 29 180), so you have 40 mm to correct, not 20...

Gaining 10 mm on the fork still gives you 30 mm more up front, that's quite a radical change...

I'm studying doing it on my 27 Capra, but it seems too much geometry wise.

Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 7:15 Quote
You might check out Laura Rossin's Mega Mullet bike. She won the Superenduro series on one. It was featured on Pinkbike's Bike Check. Do a Google image search for Laura Rossin's mullet bike to find the link. In the article it mentions that she added an "angle set" to reduce the head angle back to 64 degree. Looks like she is running 160 travel up front, but the article doesn't specify. Also looks like her fork has a more reduced offset than the Nukeproof's use for their stock Lyriks. And she has her stem pretty slammed, and it still looks like a really tall cockpit.
Yetichon wrote:
pacificnorthwet wrote:
marko369 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, you win 20 mm from the wheel, and 20 mm on the fork (572 vs 591 for a 27 180 Lyrik vs 29 180), so you have 40 mm to correct, not 20...

Gaining 10 mm on the fork still gives you 30 mm more up front, that's quite a radical change...

Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
Yetichon wrote:

Thanks for the correction. I hadn't actually looked at the axle to crown lengths, but that makes sense that they would have to add 20 mm to fit the bigger wheel. That 30 mm total change with the 10 mm shorter travel fork would definitely make for a noticeable change to reach, HTA, STA, and BB height.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021662
Mobile Version of Website