Touring around UK, Need help - travel & costs.

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Touring around UK, Need help - travel & costs.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 21, 2012 at 10:55 Quote
Me and a group of mates instead of doing the mega this year, wanna tour the uk. We wanna go to most of the downhill hotspots such as ukbike park / fort William ect ect. But we can't find anything/ costs. We don't drive, so train & coach is only the other option. Any one got any ideas on travel offers and costs... We just can't seem to find anything useful. Cheers

Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 15:09 Quote
All depends on where you are and where your going and how many people

Megatrain.com will do cheap fares around the country but some train stations are often miles away from any decent riding and same day fares are massively expensive

Also if you read the National Express coach website you'll find they actually can refuse to take bikes so if there's 3 or 4 of you and you get a grumpy bus driver your screwed.

Best bet is to find an cheap people carrier/van e.g VW Sharan, Toyota Emina, buy a couple tents and split all the costs. Then after your trips finished sell it and you'll probably about lose £100 - £200 quid if your lucky, only issue is insurance which can get real expensive if your young, even for a heap of junk!

Posted: May 4, 2012 at 14:17 Quote
you seriously cant find anyhting? what are you googling? cost of road trip around uk with bike costs?

-decide which spots you want to go, these i guess will be decided on proximity to train stations and transport connections. I think you will be lucky to get on many buses with the bikes, especially if theres more than one.

-look at creating some kid of logical route

-go onto national rail website and find trains from one place to another, that has your travel costs

-look for accommodation in each area simple.

in my opinion you will be better off staying in a more confined area e.g. wales and travelling between venues best way possible. Can you not rent a van between you, will probably be cheaper than paying for all the travel with trains and then with trains you limit your destinations significantly.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008233
Mobile Version of Website