Which is the best downhill bike out there

PB Forum :: Downhill
Which is the best downhill bike out there
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 at 22:11 Quote
it would be easy to get mine down to 17kgs if i had heaps of money.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 at 22:11 Quote
Ya, my 450 is 40 lbs so that would be fine with me, too bad they're super expensive. I'll take one once the price comes down a bit. And how about part availability? I would't want to be stuck bike less waiting for a derailleur hanger or pivot for months.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 at 22:12 Quote
Taane wrote:
it would be easy to get mine down to 17kgs if i had heaps of money.
Thats 37.4 lbs, I think I could get my 450 down there easily too.

Posted: Apr 28, 2012 at 22:47 Quote
derailleur hanger? its a zerode.

Posted: Apr 28, 2012 at 23:00 Quote
how does it feels when the rear wheel goes so far away from the bb?
can you pull any wheelies on that ride?Big Grin

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 at 23:08 Quote
Taane wrote:
Hahahaha, damn I'm an idiot, momentary lapse of intelligence. lol. My point was it would suck to be stuck without parts, lets say a gearbox gear.

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 at 10:59 Quote
they dropped 1.5lbs...yes 1.5lbs...off the new Zerode. That's some impressive work.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2012 at 11:11 Quote
RC4 as an option, hmm I would prefer a ccdb.

Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 19:38 Quote
tpersons wrote:
Taane wrote:
Hahahaha, damn I'm an idiot, momentary lapse of intelligence. lol. My point was it would suck to be stuck without parts, lets say a gearbox gear.
They run an Alfine as the gearbox. Alfines are very cheap probably the same price as an XTR mech. Alfiine's can do thousands and thousands of kilometers, so I doubt you'll wear anything internally in a hurry. Externally, the only proprietary Zerode part would be the drive sprocket on the Alfine. So order two if your worried. I'd say they'll last at least a year though, as the chain is just running straight. You could maybe buy a shifter as I guess you could wreck that somehow. Alfines are very popular on commuter bikes, so depending where you are, your bike shop will possibly have parts, they never wear out though so shops possibly wouldn't bother stocking parts I guess.
The chain tensioner is the closest thing to a rear mech, or perishable item. So you could get two of them if you wanted. They can be tied up with elastic if you broke the spring, and all else could be dodged up with derailleur parts, so a broken tensioner wouldn't stop you riding after a quick fix.

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 at 13:54 Quote
Zerode wins for making the best out of Sramano, Scott Voltage for simplicity, versatility and multiple personality order...
Commencal Supreme Racing for beauty and rear end action.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016799
Mobile Version of Website