Have you suffered a painfull crash before?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Have you suffered a painfull crash before?
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 10:10 Quote
BeastoftheNorthEast wrote:
funzo wrote:
photo

i win lol plus didnt even hurt ha
You are so lucky that didn't hurt; looks seriously nasty. I assume you ripped the nerves out too?
yep

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 13:35 Quote
my first crash that i can remember happened when i first got my training wheels off, somehow i managed to be ontop of a fire hydrant with my face, anyways, point being, i now have a three inch scar going up my jaw-line

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 18:04 Quote
nicholas888 wrote:
my first crash that i can remember happened when i first got my training wheels off, somehow i managed to be ontop of a fire hydrant with my face, anyways, point being, i now have a three inch scar going up my jaw-line
my first crash was when I was learning how to ride and my dad let go of the back of the bike and I was headed straight for a curb I panicked and forgot how to turn and use the breaks so I went over the bars and faceplanted

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
maestroforlife wrote:
terriflow3-0 wrote:
2006 was bad for me.

Major crash one (january) involves tearing open my knee and shins deep enough that I had tiny fat globs sticking out.

Major crash two (june) involves my knee going numb for close to 6 months, the doctor said I was lucky that I didn't shatter my knee cap as it appeared I hit my it with the equivalent force as some one swinging a sledgehammer into it. I also got a black eye etc from the crash, no idea how as I didn't hit my eye.

Major crash 3 (july) involves me ragdolling down a hill side, breaking the wrist joints of both my radius and ulna on my right arm. Shock, surgery, numbness, permanent damage - yay!

major crash 4 (december) involves shock damaging one tooth (luck I didn't lose it), chipping one, cracking three, holes in my lips, and burning the skin off one of my cheeks.

I've never had a season like that before, and 2007 was pretty much no injuries. A bruise, a few scratches, and some stiffness after a pulled muscle was the most this very full season had.

Geeeze!! That is nuts. At least I spread my pain out over years, your hard core.

About injury 3....explain the permanant damage to me?
dude that is insane

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
I am currently in the hospital as for i tried to dodge a kid sitting on the trail and ended up puncturing my spleen, and bruisi ng both my lungs with internal bleeding, i cannot ride for 2 months.Frown

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 18:34 Quote
that sucks big time. i almost had the same thing happen to me. some group of Indian people were hiking up a trail at a resort. even though there is a MILLION signs saying do not hike up the bike trails. yet they were standing in the middle of the trail, at the start of the landing/run-out to a hard tech section full of loose rocks and gravel. i guess they wanted to see or something, but stand on the side at least if your going to directly ditch the rules. had to throw the bike sideways fly off, skid across the ground and into the bush. then they proceed to panic and scream at me for riding on the trail.

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 18:48 Quote
^hahaha, those people hiking=shit heads, anyways, i ate shit 6 months ago i went down on some shale sticking out of the ground on my knee and on my arm, i had to get 15 stitches total in my knee in 3 diffrent places and my arm was glued in a few places as well. It really sucked but i got to ride again after a month!

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 19:18 Quote
odin333 wrote:
that sucks big time. i almost had the same thing happen to me. some group of Indian people were hiking up a trail at a resort. even though there is a MILLION signs saying do not hike up the bike trails. yet they were standing in the middle of the trail, at the start of the landing/run-out to a hard tech section full of loose rocks and gravel. i guess they wanted to see or something, but stand on the side at least if your going to directly ditch the rules. had to throw the bike sideways fly off, skid across the ground and into the bush. then they proceed to panic and scream at me for riding on the trail.

Would have hit them, they would have moved if you forced them.

I pegged a little kid at Fernie. Riding down a fire road, in order to get to the trails, I was on the far right side, and all of the trails drop from the left. I was coasting, and he just turned hard right for no reason. I had maybe 2 seconds. I turned toward his back wheel, just taking it out. Causing him to spin and fall, instead of hitting him dead on. I was trying to go where he came from, he just wasn't coming from there fast enough. In the end he was fine, just a little scrape, and a warped wheel. I had pretty much no chance at doing anything but that. I think ditching would have been more dangerous as the bike and I would have been spinning and whatnot.

Buddy of mine did rupurted his spleen when he tried to dodge a kid on the same road, the kid was just riding and he just fell. I watched it, just straight up fell over at speed. My buddy ditched, tumbled through the rocks and into the bushes, nearly falling down a much larger, steeper hill.

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 19:19 Quote
you can't hit these people. they travel in groups. it would be like 22-pin bowling. same with the Asian people.

haha super stereotyping there.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:03 Quote
not long ago I broke my thumb off a 6 inch high jumpDead Horse Redface Dead Horse

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
Not long ago i went down a steep rock garden with no protection(except a helmet), flipped over the bars and then smashed my face and arm and leg. only sprained my wrist!! Smile Eek

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:19 Quote
Went out OTB and landed on the back of my shoulder, broke my collarbone. It was made a hell of a lot worse when I rolled on it again about twice, stopped and then, rather stupidly, pulled my bag off really quickly...

Don't ride with contaminated pads kids...Redface

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:38 Quote
my worst was probably overshooting a little 5 foot stepup by about 10 feet past the tranny a few years back

my head proceeded to bounce off a rock, into a tree, then off my frame after the bike landed on me.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:54 Quote
I don't understand the question. Crashing is learning. If you havn't crashed than what the hell are you doing on pinkbike.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:57 Quote
crashes are part of it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015341
Mobile Version of Website