Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: May 30, 2023 at 3:55 Quote
bike's coming along nicely it seems Kinny ! tup

Posted: May 30, 2023 at 3:57 Quote
adm750 wrote:
bike's coming along nicely it seems Kinny ! tup

Cheers Rob. Bike shop is collecting it tomorrow to be built, and hoping to have her built in a week, latest. I'm excited.

Posted: May 31, 2023 at 0:05 Quote
It’s amazing how supple you can get a fully rigid road bike to ride, especially one with clearance for large volume tires and a steel fork with nicely shaped blades. Randonneur’s got it right all those years ago!

Check this out!

There has been a 30+ year trend in the bicycle industry to remove any unwanted flex from frame and component designs, which clearly improves power transfer, but it also can have negative effects on comfort and rolling resistance, thus overall efficiency. In the most elegant designs, compliance is managed holistically throughout the entire bike.

Posted: May 31, 2023 at 1:59 Quote
This is something that most of us are aware of, mostly through explanation of scientific analysis, but until we see it carefully displayed like in this video it takes on a whole new realism.

This is also the the great argument for the still necessity of manufacturing steel frames for many riders. Yes they truly feel very different, and of course perform differently. It's true that a long road ride on a rigid frame is way more uncomfortable on a stiffer alloy frame than on a steel frame. Steel's are indeed a bit heavier but I think they feel less fatiguing for longer rides.

I can remember the time my friends and I spent (way back) MTBing on "rigid" steel frames. It wasn't until we were all going alloy, stiff, and no way was I ever going to MTB without at least front fork suspension again. The "flex" was now coming from the suspension, albeit forks or even full sus rear shock. I'm glad you posted this and that I watched it. It really reminds me of these things and how really well-built steel frame road bikes accommodate other things for the rider besides durability. I know all too well that the steel frame MTB hardtails have way more flex in the rear end, but that response I think was beneficial when riding those bikes.

I like to watch those slo-mo vids too where they use high speed cameras and huck-to-flat on full suspension bikes seeing the entire suspension compress with the tires going flat to the rim LOL!

~JSV

Posted: Jun 4, 2023 at 11:29 Quote
Been injured with an overuse injury and no time to recover because my job is pedalling...so in the mean time I've been buying things I dont need in the slightest....like a coil shock for my Trek Fuel and used wheels for the roadie....

photo

Posted: Jun 4, 2023 at 23:54 Quote
Looking good mate, high profile wheels always provide some nice body to a bike.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 0:35 Quote
I've transformed the Mosaic into an all-road setup. This is going to be my temporary road bike whilst I overhaul the Baum.

Took some snaps just before the rain started, I'll try again in some sunnier / brighter conditions.

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 4:48 Quote
heal up stoo...! love the new hoops btw...

Mosaic looks incredible 'mori

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 9:12 Quote
Unreal Mori, think you'll ever replace this or just update for decades?

Just been accepted for the Trans Pyrenees end of September. Hoping I can get back in the game for it.

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 9:18 Quote
Don’t know really, I like it so far although the paint sees some abuse from time to time. A respray in due time might be needed Smile

Fingers crossed, a bit of rest did wonders for me actually!

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 11:07 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
I've transformed the Mosaic into an all-road setup. This is going to be my temporary road bike whilst I overhaul the Baum.

Took some snaps just before the rain started, I'll try again in some sunnier / brighter conditions.

photo

Nice roadie' there. Not shabby at all for a "temporary" bike! . Aesthetically the extra bling was the choice of tan wall tires. Shows off the rims better. Good choice.
tup

~JSV

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 11:09 Quote
I like too that in recent years I've seen many more roadies' going with disc brakes.

Any of you road-riders use the "NiteRider" lights? I have the Dual-1800 and the 1200-OLED. We did a night ride late thursday off-road. I can't get over how much that Dual-1800 lights up the paths and in the woods. It's insane. If I need a light on the roads I use my 1200-OLED. I like the LED screen and the battery remaining readout. They're a little expensive but I wouldn't want to ever be without them again.

~JSV

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 14:17 Quote
stoo61 wrote:
Been injured with an overuse injury and no time to recover because my job is pedalling...so in the mean time I've been buying things I dont need in the slightest....like a coil shock for my Trek Fuel and used wheels for the roadie....

photo

Bike's looking good, heal up soon!

Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 8:10 Quote
memento-mori wrote:

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

This is one of very few bikes that genuinely gives me bike envy. It's just so fuckin' right.

Quoting entire post to force the thread to see it again. God it's good.

Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 10:09 Quote
The wheels irk me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034806
Mobile Version of Website