Powered by Outside

General questions about DJ/ Street bikes

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
General questions about DJ/ Street bikes
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 3, 2012 at 16:25 Quote
I'm thinking of building a NS Capital and I found a used frame, fork and bars. The bars have a 4" raise. What my question is, can someone tell me what the height of the bars off the ground would be?
I don't like 20" bikes anymore because I don't like being bent over the bars so I moved up to 24" bikes and I have 8.25 bars on my bike and it feels great, 39" to the center.
I just didn't want to spend the money on this bike and not be comfortable. Theres NO bike shops around me that have this type of bike for me to look at.

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 18:32 Quote
the same . Mine is 39 inches from the floor to the center of the district bar

Posted: May 4, 2012 at 1:32 Quote
Is that on a 24" or a 26" wheel bike?

Posted: May 4, 2012 at 2:56 Quote
Awesome, that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

Posted: May 4, 2012 at 8:49 Quote
skubasteve wrote:
I'm thinking of building a NS Capital and I found a used frame, fork and bars. The bars have a 4" raise. What my question is, can someone tell me what the height of the bars off the ground would be?
I don't like 20" bikes anymore because I don't like being bent over the bars so I moved up to 24" bikes and I have 8.25 bars on my bike and it feels great, 39" to the center.
I just didn't want to spend the money on this bike and not be comfortable. Theres NO bike shops around me that have this type of bike for me to look at.

Liquid Feedback 24" with 8.25 bars next to Blackmarket Mob with 80mm travel fork (457 axle to crown) 26" wheel and 4" rise bars. As you can see, 3" rise mtb bars would roughly line up to where 8"s on a 24" bmx would be.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh138/upsetbmx/024.jpg

Posted: May 4, 2012 at 16:10 Quote
thanks for all of the help. I'm going to try it out.

Posted: May 6, 2012 at 18:29 Quote
Does anyone know what's the best single speed relation for a DJ, street, park bike?? I've got a P3, but not sure if I should buy a 28t or 25t chainring, I think the the 25-12 is too soft..

Posted: May 6, 2012 at 19:24 Quote
28/12 on a 26 is sweet. Its what I ran on my old ns . basically a 60 gear inch

Posted: May 7, 2012 at 9:41 Quote
Caezar wrote:
. . basically a 60 gear inch

agreed.

Posted: May 7, 2012 at 15:43 Quote
My Capital NS f/f and bars will be here on Wednesday. I plan on running 25/9

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 10:11 Quote
I am aiming to buy a dj bike, for use in a park and for pump tracks and such. Since my budget isn't very big, all the bike i'm looking at have v brakes on both front and back wheels.

I would just like to know if it is really worth it to go and buy disk brakes?
i have an xc bike with hydraulic disk brakes and it's amazing, but for jumping does it make much difference?

Thanks, goofy.

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 10:19 Quote
I would say go disc brakes. V and U brakes can be dialed in to be just as good but you will wind up paying more for a wheel build once the rim is no longer good . I would suggest running bb7 road calipers ,odyssey linear cable with BMX levers . Its a light and well proven setup and would cost you the same if not less than a high quality V brake.

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 10:44 Quote
Thanks Caezar, helps a lot!

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 12:24 Quote
GoofyPirro wrote:
I am aiming to buy a dj bike, for use in a park and for pump tracks and such. Since my budget isn't very big, all the bike i'm looking at have v brakes on both front and back wheels.

I would just like to know if it is really worth it to go and buy disk brakes?
i have an xc bike with hydraulic disk brakes and it's amazing, but for jumping does it make much difference?

Thanks, goofy.

I would recommend buy only the rear brake, a goof hydraulic.. As u don't need both but still need stopping power.. Remember the hub for a disc brake is different..

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013241
Mobile Version of Website