Hi I would like to know how much fork pressure to run in my dj1 and holly roller tires for dirt jumps?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Hi I would like to know how much fork pressure to run in my dj1 and holly roller tires for dirt jumps?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 4, 2012 at 22:28 Quote
I'm struggling to get my dj bike set up good for me, I'm about 90kg I ride a ns majesty on 24's but I'm thinking of trying 26'' the forks are 2010 dj 1's all I want to know is fork pressure and tyre pressure? And would 26's be any better for dirt jumping?

Posted: May 6, 2012 at 14:02 Quote
Read the owners manual.
https://www.marzocchi.com/admin/download.asp?LN=UK&idC=1561&Campo=ManualeInglese&IDFolder=126&IDOggetto=59658

Although when I did just now it is bizarre--it says 60-80psi for their Other forks but 7-15 for the DJ1. ???

Posted: May 6, 2012 at 14:05 Quote
Aren't DJ1's coil sprung with air assist?

Posted: May 6, 2012 at 14:32 Quote
stevenday121 wrote:
I'm struggling to get my dj bike set up good for me, I'm about 90kg I ride a ns majesty on 24's but I'm thinking of trying 26'' the forks are 2010 dj 1's all I want to know is fork pressure and tyre pressure? And would 26's be any better for dirt jumping?

I'm 106kg and I ride with 10-12psi in my 2011 DJ1's. They are pretty stiff with that pressure, I have always ridden a rigid fork and it has taken a little time to get used to the suspension fork. I usually run between 60-75psi in my tires.

Posted: May 7, 2012 at 10:04 Quote
stevenday121 wrote:
First off, holy rollers way a f*ckton. Get new tyres.

Secondly, I can tell you for a fact that going 26" on your bike will be a Good Idea. I bought mine second hand from the buysell right here on pinkbike (bloody bargain) and it came on 24"s:
NS majesty 2010 Rockshox Argyle 318 halo tornado on hope pro2 ns proof bars quark pro stem primo hollowbite cranks odyssey pedals etc

There was nothing especially wrong with it, at least not that I noticed. Well, apart from it looked awkward as f*ck.

Anyway, I recently switched, and it feels soo much better. You don't realise how much of a difference it can make to a bikes character until you realise the frame is sitting an inch closer to the ground than intended.

Here it is, nearly done.
Majesty - new wheels grips and rawed bars.

Hope I helped. And as a passing note, tyre pressure is all preference. I run mine at about 70psi for street/park, and about 50-60psi for dirt, but really just fiddle with it until you find your sweet spot.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011316
Mobile Version of Website