The Evolution Thread

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
The Evolution Thread
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 11:21 Quote
This thread just got ended on the what is your religion thread. Blackpanther's little budy just found that all men make mistakes and since everything we have was recorded by man that nothing is real proof...oh except the piles of proof he has hidden away. So nothing is a fact and nothing is real.....oh you can't have faith either because that is not logic.....uh oh...logic is based on facts....which are not correct......it is a big endless contridicting circle jerk!!!!!

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
Claymore wrote:
This thread just got ended on the what is your religion thread. Blackpanther's little budy just found that all men make mistakes and since everything we have was recorded by man that nothing is real proof...oh except the piles of proof he has hidden away. So nothing is a fact and nothing is real.....oh you can't have faith either because that is not logic.....uh oh...logic is based on facts....which are not correct......it is a big endless contridicting circle jerk!!!!!

We are able to provide proof of evolution, and almost all the facts, yet the only proof you have is your faith(I'm not saying faith is a bad thing, everyone has faith in something), and the bible(which was written generations after the events happened).

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 12:57 Quote
metalforever wrote:
Claymore wrote:

We are able to provide proof of evolution, and almost all the facts, yet the only proof you have is your faith(I'm not saying faith is a bad thing, everyone has faith in something), and the bible(which was written generations after the events happened).

So was the proof of evolution made when the world began and all durring evolution?

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 13:02 Quote
metalforever wrote:
Claymore wrote:

Don't even bother, you're wasting your time with this guy. He doesn't argue with logic.

Edit*
unsubscribed, enjoy yourself claymore Wink

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 13:32 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:
metalforever wrote:
Claymore wrote:

Don't even bother, you're wasting your time with this guy. He doesn't argue with logic.

Edit*
I Won't, he will probably say it was written buy a human, and therefore is wrong.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 13:37 Quote
The universe was always there.
God was always there.

Notice how the latter is somewhat more difficult to conceive? Why you ask? Because what surrounds is finitely complex, while God is said to be infinitely complex. By this logic, there's actually a higher chance of dragons and elves existing than God existing because they're finitely complex as opposed to infinitely.

However, notice how the thread is titled "The EVOLUTION thread"? I think what you're trying to discuss feverishly here is abiogenesis and how the world came about. Evolution has nothing to do with that - it describes the path from single cellular structures to hugely complex multicellular organisms.

As I'm tired of describing in this thread, evolution (on a small scale, at the very least) has already been proven (read my explanation in this thread to see why). It's the reason why the use of antibiotics is so regulated and you're recommended to ALWAYS finish a course.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 13:41 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:
metalforever wrote:
Claymore wrote:

Edit*

I am just using your thought process on this one.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 13:56 Quote
metalforever wrote:
blackpantherparty wrote:
metalforever wrote:

Edit*
I Won't, he will probably say it was written buy a human, and therefore is wrong.

EXACTLY!!!! I dont get why you guys get so pissy when I restate what you have said!!!!!

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 14:06 Quote
Claymore wrote:
metalforever wrote:
]

EXACTLY!!!! I dont get why you guys get so pissy when I restate what you have said!!!!!
We are able to provide proof from scientific studies, I would provide them but as I said, no matter what I provide, you'll say it is false.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 14:17 Quote
metalforever wrote:
Claymore wrote:
metalforever wrote:
]

We are able to provide proof from scientific studies, I would provide them but as I said, no matter what I provide, you'll say it is false.

Now you are seeing it through my eyes! Very good. You get a star on your paper!!!That is all you people do is bring your scientific studies to the table. You are putting your faith (oh wait that does not exist) in other humans and their little tests. But, when I say God created everything it can't be true since all I have is a book (The Bible) that is not good enough. Well, it was recorded by man just like your studies. Nether who were actually there when it happened. But you are right.....good call.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
Claymore wrote:
metalforever wrote:
Claymore wrote:

Now you are seeing it through my eyes! Very good. You get a star on your paper!!!That is all you people do is bring your scientific studies to the table. You are putting your faith (oh wait that does not exist) in other humans and their little tests. But, when I say God created everything it can't be true since all I have is a book (The Bible) that is not good enough. Well, it was recorded by man just like your studies. Nether who were actually there when it happened. But you are right.....good call.

For a matter of fact, I have read about 70% of the bible. Some day I might pick it up again and read it cover to cover.

I am going to trust rock solid science far more that some random from the desert.

I can prove beyond reasonable doubt that the big bang happened and we evolved from that. This can be proven with hundreds of studies from around the globe, in fact many of them happened in SPACE. You know that place above us. You know that place where rocket ships fly. Wait a second, don't you believe in a place that kinda sorta hovers over us as well?

Wasn't the bible written before anyone ever though about being able to fly? Funny how that works.

I couldn't stand being around the religious nuts, because they never accepted anything as being their own fault/fortune. Everything was gods will, one of the sons was fired from his job (because he is useless, incredibly lazy, always late, mouthy) and everyone at the table generally accepted it was God Will. Bullshit, take responsibility for your own actions, he is a wanker and it got his ass fired. The daughter got into post-secondary (she has a 95% average, and works her ass off) not a single person mentioned her hard work. Just the fact that god guided her, and guided the admissions people to selecting the right student.

Yet again Bullshit, she worked her ass off, and received lots of scholarships because of it.

Sure I put my "Faith" into science but that is because the science has been proven, time and time again. You just sit there enclosed behind a wall of religion unable to see over the top. Church has done it's job, it has blinding you from seeing what the world actually is.

For the record, I attended church every sunday for 4 years. I even went to a bible camp once, I have had my fair share of religion. It is retarded and yet I still can't see how people don't see how phony it is.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 15:58 Quote
Claymore wrote:
metalforever wrote:
Claymore wrote:

Well I had forgotten to actually hit the unsubscribe button on this thread, which was a mistake but I couldn't help coming back to check out the notifications.

Putting faith in science? Are you serious? What a contradiction, essentially an oxymoron.

bigquotesfirm belief in something for which there is no proof
-Faith: Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Everything science relies on is PROVEN. Proof denies the ability to have faith, and since there is proof, how could you possibly think faith is an option?

Now for sure this time, I am unsubscribed.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 6:18 Quote
bonfire wrote:
Claymore wrote:
metalforever wrote:

For a matter of fact, I have read about 70% of the bible. Some day I might pick it up again and read it cover to cover.

I am going to trust rock solid science far more that some random from the desert.

I can prove beyond reasonable doubt that the big bang happened and we evolved from that. This can be proven with hundreds of studies from around the globe, in fact many of them happened in SPACE. You know that place above us. You know that place where rocket ships fly. Wait a second, don't you believe in a place that kinda sorta hovers over us as well?

Wasn't the bible written before anyone ever though about being able to fly? Funny how that works.

I couldn't stand being around the religious nuts, because they never accepted anything as being their own fault/fortune. Everything was gods will, one of the sons was fired from his job (because he is useless, incredibly lazy, always late, mouthy) and everyone at the table generally accepted it was God Will. Bullshit, take responsibility for your own actions, he is a wanker and it got his ass fired. The daughter got into post-secondary (she has a 95% average, and works her ass off) not a single person mentioned her hard work. Just the fact that god guided her, and guided the admissions people to selecting the right student.

Yet again Bullshit, she worked her ass off, and received lots of scholarships because of it.

Sure I put my "Faith" into science but that is because the science has been proven, time and time again. You just sit there enclosed behind a wall of religion unable to see over the top. Church has done it's job, it has blinding you from seeing what the world actually is.

For the record, I attended church every sunday for 4 years. I even went to a bible camp once, I have had my fair share of religion. It is retarded and yet I still can't see how people don't see how phony it is.

So you had a bad time with a few people who claimed to be religious. God gave humans FREE WILL. So if that kid got fired it was his own fualt.I have always believed this and always will, you people cling to science and "PROOF" because believing in God is just to complex for your simple minds to process. You have your little science books and you believe it all came from a big scary BANG!!! Oh, I also think the space programs are a waste of money!!!! Sure we know where the planets are located now...big deal. Church blinded us hugh? We will see what this world is like when church and God are not important anymore and fruit loops like you are running the show! Well, it is already happening and thw world is getting worse by the day!!!!! I hope science is there for you in the end big guy.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 15:05 Quote
Claymore wrote:

So you had a bad time with a few people who claimed to be religious. God gave humans FREE WILL. So if that kid got fired it was his own fualt.I have always believed this and always will, you people cling to science and "PROOF" because believing in God is just to complex for your simple minds to process. You have your little science books and you believe it all came from a big scary BANG!!! Oh, I also think the space programs are a waste of money!!!! Sure we know where the planets are located now...big deal. Church blinded us hugh? We will see what this world is like when church and God are not important anymore and fruit loops like you are running the show! Well, it is already happening and thw world is getting worse by the day!!!!! I hope science is there for you in the end big guy.

Believing God created us is a lot easier than trying too figure out what may have happened. And you say that you never personally attacked anyone on this forum(see bolded).

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 7:46 Quote
metalforever wrote:
Claymore wrote:

Believing God created us is a lot easier than trying too figure out what may have happened. And you say that you never personally attacked anyone on this forum(see bolded).

I am pretty sure you will live. Suck it up and drive on. Oh I forgot, todays youth is sensative and emotional............you want a trophy?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032022
Mobile Version of Website