2012 Specialized Enduro EVO vs. 2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp or other bike!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2012 Specialized Enduro EVO vs. 2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp or other bike!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 22, 2012 at 13:17 Quote
Hello all,

After saving up for many, many months I have gathered the money to spend on a new modest mid-prize range trail/all-mountain ride.

I'm quite excited about the 2012 Specialiced Enduro EVO (€ 2299) and the 2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp ( € 2499) as they are both in my price range.

The Stumpjumper has - in my opinion - a slightly better setup up with its Fox Evolution F140L front and Custom Fox Triad II with autosag rear suspension, Avid Elixir 7 brakes, SRAM X9 rear derailleur and SRAM X7 shift levers.

The Enduro has far more travel with its front X-Fusion Vengeance 170mm shock and X-Fusion Vector R rear shock. The bike can take more of a beating, but they saved money on the Avid Elixir 5 brakes, SRAM X7 rear derailleur and SRAM X7 shift levers. Not that they are bad, but the movements are less than on the Stumpjumper.

I understand that they both have custom suspension, can they be easily replaced by other shocks? The Enduro Comp for example has a custom fox RP2 rear shock and the Enduro Expert EVO even has a FOX DHX RC2...

On the stumpjumper I could later install a Fox RP2 with Autosag...

Does anyone have any experience with replacing custom shocks on these bikes? I'm finding this a very difficult choice and I would very much appreciate your input and comments pro and con, even if you have other suggestions for bikes, please let me know!

Cheers.

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 12:33 Quote
Anyone willing to help me?

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 19:50 Quote
i got the enduro evo myself and loving it, you cant go wrong either way, both bikes does the job

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 1:38 Quote
if it was you i will go for the Stumpjumper
suspension is everything in the mtb and X-Fusion don't works good...
+i love the trek remedy
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/technical_trail/remedy/remedy_7#

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 6:49 Quote
if those are your choices why not split the difference and look at a stumpy evo?

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 7:33 Quote
kaveh wrote:
+i love the trek remedy

Yes I have thought about that, I'm not sure about X-Fusion.
That Trek Remedy looks like a great bike too. How does it compare with the stumpy?

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 7:40 Quote
b45her wrote:
if those are your choices why not split the difference and look at a stumpy evo?

Would the evo be worth the 200 euros more? I would have 150mm travel insted of 140mm, a slightly different crank setup and updated tires. Where lie the other differences and why would this be a better choice according to you?

Cheers

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 7:47 Quote
Siriusmo wrote:
b45her wrote:

Would the evo be worth the 200 euros more? I would have 150mm travel insted of 140mm, a slightly different crank setup and updated tires. Where lie the other differences and why would this be a better choice according to you?

Cheers

the frame angles are different to the standard stumpy ,its slacker and more aimed at decending fast than the standard bike .

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 8:00 Quote
Siriusmo wrote:
kaveh wrote:
+i love the trek remedy

Yes I have thought about that, I'm not sure about X-Fusion.
That Trek Remedy looks like a great bike too. How does it compare with the stumpy?

they are the same
but i think trek is better
DRCV sistem
full floater
minion link adjustable
what else do you need too have fun
Big Grin

this is one of my friends bike.
and i wish to have it
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/7725455/

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 at 6:12 Quote
Why not the stumpy Evo vs a regular enduro? It's a closer gap between the two bikes

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 at 10:01 Quote
Stumpy EVO. and x fusion got quality product. I wouldn't buy anything of theirs made before 2010 but the new stuff is amazing. The velvet rl2 I put on my girlfriend's bike is smoother than a kashima coated Fox 32 fork. And the Vengance coil on the Enduro EVO is just as smooth as my Fox 40. I am impressed and the money one can save compared to Fox or Rockshox is worth the try. If you don't like it for any reason you could sell it and buy whatever fork you want. Not a big deal.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009679
Mobile Version of Website