PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Summer Grant Frame *Stout Sigma Σ*
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 at 16:21 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
dialeddobermann wrote:
bergamontridernz wrote:
Aaaarrrrgh. holy crap.
How does it feel?

Words. cannot. describe. I've never hopped so high, with so little effort. Its kray. i'm off work tomorrow so i will get a full day of riding in.

Keep in mind you are standing way furthur off the ground to begin with, so are you really clearing more with your tires or is your body just futher in the air?

Tires are coming a ton higher. Like a full foot.

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 at 17:14 Quote
dialeddobermann wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
dialeddobermann wrote:

Words. cannot. describe. I've never hopped so high, with so little effort. Its kray. i'm off work tomorrow so i will get a full day of riding in.

Keep in mind you are standing way furthur off the ground to begin with, so are you really clearing more with your tires or is your body just futher in the air?

Like I said, trials frame lol. Is it stable on kickers and jumps?

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 at 17:14 Quote
dialeddobermann wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
dialeddobermann wrote:

Your hops are a full foot higher Eek

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 at 17:27 Quote
Bettadendat wrote:
dialeddobermann wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

Swear on my life. And with tons less energy input

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 at 17:29 Quote
Have you hopped it with any speed yet? I bet it is a little sketchy with a super short rear, high bb and front end.

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 at 18:21 Quote
mcad012310 wrote:
Have you hopped it with any speed yet? I bet it is a little sketchy with a super short rear, high bb and front end.

i hopped up a smallish 5 set with a bunch of speed and it handled fine.

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 at 18:26 Quote
Got some new goodies today:

Eclat complex seat seatpost combo. awesome, light, looks nice and tight too.
Odi super soft black flangeless longnecks. grippiest grips that i have ever gripped
Chrome 170mm profile cranks arms (i ordered these back when i was going to go rigid) might keep, but probs return
Purple 25t profile spline drive sprocket. the purples are indentical it looks so sweet, plus its lighter, and spline drive
Silver odyssey blue bird chain, (comes with halflink) i will be waiting on my tire to install this

Still waiting on:

Purple fly bikes graphite ruben pedals
KHE mac 2 park (for rear so i can slam all the way)
Fox fork oil and float fluid (to lower the fork to 80mm, i already have the spacer)
32 black Dt competition 2.0-1.8 rear spokes

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 4:50 Quote
Bettadendat wrote:
dialeddobermann wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

If that shit's true I am ordering this frame lol

I can hop just over a foot now, so by purchasing this frame I can double my hop height...

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 5:47 Quote
Shit, I'd order this frame too, fully stick it to Gabe Brooks with some 53" hops.

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 8:17 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Shit, I'd order this frame too, fully stick it to Gabe Brooks with some 53" hops.

My hops use to max out just above wheel height. I'm flyin up stuff now. That silly low Silly low seat tube allows me to suck the rear wheel up extremely high, and the short rear end helps heaps in the process by tucking the wheel in, and keeping it close and controlled. The high bb also helps to really pop up off the rear wheel, and further accentuates the hoping height by levelling out the bike in the air, unlike how on my street sweeper I would tend to suck in the rear wheel extra to compensate for the lower BB and nosedive a bit on my highest hops

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 8:36 Quote
crs-one wrote:

f*cking win comment. Gabe brooks is a bad ass

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 12:34 Quote
Sweet. How much can Matty make me one for?

Should get him to produce it as his first house frame, and get your initails on it.

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 14:42 Quote
MtBxKinG wrote:

Should get him to produce it as his first house frame, and get your initails on it.

A lot.

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 14:47 Quote
dialeddobermann wrote:
MtBxKinG wrote:

A lot.

No shit?

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 14:49 Quote
Like this much.

Maybe more.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010727
Mobile Version of Website