Newcastle area riders?

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Newcastle area riders?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 9:04 Quote
Hey dudes and dudettes,

Just moved up to Newcastle from Middlesbrough and would like to meet some DH riders to session with, or anyone at uni up here and bring their bike?

Mainly ride Hamsterley and Chopwell, as well as Carlton / Silton etc.

Have transport as well so can provide lifts places - and since i'm a uni riding during the week is all good aswell Smile

cheers

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 8:11 Quote
Alreet mate, im based in Newcstle (city centre), getting back into the sport after an 11 year lay off lol!!!

I would be interested in sorting somethign out once I have purchased a bike, hopefully in the next few weeks!

James

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 12:12 Quote
Bluto001 wrote:
Alreet mate, im based in Newcstle (city centre), getting back into the sport after an 11 year lay off lol!!!

I would be interested in sorting somethign out once I have purchased a bike, hopefully in the next few weeks!

James

Nice one mate! I'm in the city centre aswell, just behind the gate. Keep in touch once you've got a bike sorted and we can arrange some chopwell / hamsterley sessions!

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 at 11:57 Quote
give us a shout if ur still stuck dude, few of us go out every couple weeks

Posted: Sep 30, 2012 at 11:50 Quote
Just moved to sunderland, i'm a spanish dh rider on a study abroad programme, my bike will be here in 2 days.
Got no transport, but got drivers license so maybe I can help with the uplifts!

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 at 5:10 Quote
im in north shields but havent got a frame yet. ive got everything else. ive got about 600 for a new one. when i get one you can add me to your team if you like.
know of any frames for sale?

Posted: Oct 7, 2012 at 2:07 Quote
I am based in newcastle, work in a shop in town and get random days off during the week so would be go to get some riding done mid week.

Posted: Oct 8, 2012 at 12:37 Quote
maybe we should organise a pinkbike meet up at chopwell for local dh riders? be a good chance to meet every one!

Posted: Oct 8, 2012 at 13:02 Quote
i'd be down for that , depending on dates

Posted: Oct 8, 2012 at 13:28 Quote
weekend would suit most people i'm guessing?

Posted: Oct 9, 2012 at 11:14 Quote
Hey guys,

Im in the same boat, ive just got back into the sport after shattering my anckle and looking to hook up with some other riders to get the know the spots around this area more, im in west monkseaton. Looking for freeride, dirt, slopestyle and DH. Im up for a ride if there is enough interest in one (sunday would be best Smile ) Also im looking at working to rebuild at Holywell dene. There used to be trails there by the look of them so im looking to rebuild it all back up over the winter if anyone wants to help? its all on a slope about 100 meter run about 25 meters across so could be a killer spot. Keep me updated if you guys want to meet up and get a ride on the go

Thanks Guys
benny

Posted: Oct 10, 2012 at 4:00 Quote
holywells a fun run but hella short. ill be down there alot over the winter id imagine.

Posted: Oct 10, 2012 at 4:05 Quote
coin-op wrote:
holywells a fun run but hella short. ill be down there alot over the winter id imagine.

i.was thinking about getting some people together to build up the jumps and make some new lines if your up for? i dont want to just start digging on someone elses spot though so as long as people dont mind i was going to spend the winter building aiming for around 20 tabletops some drops and some cross over lines?

Posted: Oct 10, 2012 at 4:10 Quote
wey aye just go down and build. my 2 pals pretty much single handedly built and maintained that place but its been neglected for a while now so feel free to add on. theres shovels n shit stashed down there but i dont know where exactly. ill find out if u like, save you carrying stuff. try and leave the trees alone tho and bag up any rubbish.
any dog walkers say anything you just tell em to f*ck right off.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013020
Mobile Version of Website