Good Titanium spring

PB Forum :: Downhill
Good Titanium spring
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 at 0:19 Quote
Hi guys, I am looking to invest in a Titanium spring for my 2012 Demo with a Cane Creek Double Barrel and I am wondering what are some good TI springs that are realitivly easy to get? Thank you

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 at 20:13 Quote
Im not 100% sure on this one so correct me anyone if im wrong but its pretty hard to get titanium springs unless you have conections. Titanium springs are made to be proggresive so they have to be built custom for each person. Many pros dont even have titanium rear springs as they have not "earned" them... ie riding for sponsor "x" for a certain number of years.

Thats just what Ive been told

Posted: Sep 13, 2012 at 1:28 Quote
Well a Ti spring is just more expensive than steel, they go for 250-300€. The fact the "pro" have to earn them is that as the springs are provided by the sponsors, they don't want to pay that money for "beginners". They could buy the TI springs themselves!

Big names are Renton, DSP, Progressive (dead company I think), nukeproofs' are ok I guess, ...

To me, Ti springs are just supercool for the blingbling factor Big Grin (as weight sometimes isn't too far from high quality steel springs)

Posted: Sep 13, 2012 at 5:26 Quote
I just upgraded to a ti spring on my ccdb. It looks good, lighter than the coil. Honestly can't notice the difference between the ti and steel, besides weight. I also feel kind of stupid going ti, for the price I paid. Anyways I got the nukeproof vivid ti coil, yeah it's larger but doesn't move around on me.

Posted: Sep 13, 2012 at 6:11 Quote
The Bling Factor (copyright me Big Grin ) !! it's all about that!

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 16:41 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
The Bling Factor (copyright me Big Grin ) !! it's all about that!

Goof

http://www.rentoncoilspring.com/performance/why_titanium/ti_vs_steel.html

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 at 1:21 Quote
If you believe pros have to earn a Ti spring then you are as dumb as the people that keep repeating this BS. You really think complanies are going spend tons of money on R&D trying to put out the lightest and strongest DH bikes, then not through down $250-$300 for a spring that will last for multiple seasons. Come on now. And don't say it's cause they are not that much lighter cause they are.

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 at 2:48 Quote
Nukeproof are just about to release a new Ti spring range. Available from May/June this year. To give you an idea on pricing, a 3" retails for 175.00 GBP.

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 3:31 Quote
psalmon93 wrote:
Im not 100% sure on this one so correct me anyone if im wrong but its pretty hard to get titanium springs unless you have conections. Titanium springs are made to be proggresive so they have to be built custom for each person. Many pros dont even have titanium rear springs as they have not "earned" them... ie riding for sponsor "x" for a certain number of years.

Thats just what Ive been told

FALSE x1,000,000.

Titanium springs are no more progressive then steel springs, they are definitely lighter and a bit more responsive then steel. Nukeproof is the only company that is easily accessible and has a decent supply, you can get them via CRC.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 6:54 Quote
Just found a website that sells Ti-Springs via a teammate. They seem fairly new but their prices are incredible and their springs come with some kind of a warranty. I plan on buying one once I figure my right spring rate.

http://www.ti-springs.com/

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 8:14 Quote
not a bad price, wish he had more of a selection.

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 8:29 Quote
onesadvw wrote:

further more, seems to be reputable! Emailed a question about a different spring rate, got an email back in less then 5 minutes. Email was professional, courteous, and informative. A++ in my book.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 14:24 Quote
I think you can pre order just about any spring from the website. I'm curious to find out how long you'll have to wait though.
onesadvw wrote:

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 19:15 Quote
tfl2u2 wrote:
I think you can pre order just about any spring from the website. I'm curious to find out how long you'll have to wait though.
onesadvw wrote:

His email:

Hi Matt

Thanks for your enquiry. 

I'm afraid we don't have any 600lbs x 2.8" currently in stock at the moment, but you can pre order for one to be with you around the end of March, on our website here. You will save £10 by pre ordering as well.

Please note: 2.75" springs fit 2.8" shocks with no issues.

Any questions please ask..

Regards,

Scout Gregory (Owner & Founder)

Ti-Springs.com

Email: sales@ti-springs.com
Tel: +44 (0)7851 752754

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 19:35 Quote
Try Kronos Ti Spring
Specs: 2.0", 2.5", 2.75", 3.0", 3.5"
for BOS, Elka, Cane Creek, DSP, Fox, Manitou, Marzocchi, Progressive, X-Fusion, Rock Shox Vivid, Avalanche, Romic.

The specs are in full shock!
Give me a shout if you want to buy: stsales@springtime.vg

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012440
Mobile Version of Website