Can you use 20mm fork with QR axle

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Can you use 20mm fork with QR axle
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 17:07 Quote
I am wanting dual crown forks, hard to find them with QR dropouts, I dont have the cash for a new hub at the moment but there is a dual crown fork that I can get into, my question is, do they make an adapter or is there some way to use the 20mm fork with a QR hub, or am i just insane for even thinking about it. ( it wouldn't be the first time I've been called crazy)

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 17:25 Quote
guess its time for a set of crank bros opiums then

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 17:40 Quote
what bike is it for?

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 17:44 Quote
that is where it gets interesting, its for a k2, I am planning on upgrading the frame to a dh frame of some sort but I am trying to piece together a dh bike and came across a dual crown for 200 so I am seeing if it is at all feasible.

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 17:47 Quote
just sell the lot rather than trying to piece something together.

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 17:49 Quote
i would strong advise against that, it would ride terrible and possibly snap your frame.

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 18:18 Quote
Criticism noted, I totally agree that it could snap the frame and ride like crap, but i already blew the fork thats on it and its either replace it with another pos one or... something way better... I would sell it but its hardly worth the metal it is made of so I wouldnt even get the price of a fork for the whole bike. Looks like I will consider it, unless I find a complete dh bike for 600 or less.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009448
Mobile Version of Website