• Previous Page
Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 14:58 Quote
I was wondering what is the top rear shocks

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 14:59 Quote
1. cane creek double barrel for teh greatr adjustmensts
2. rock shox vivid being a dumbed down double barrel
3.roco better shock then the dhx
4.dhx for mass popularity
5.curnnut or avalanche teh curnnut is a great shock but limeted to foes frames were the avalanch are hand made and custom valved

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 15:01 Quote
1. dt swiss
2. formula
3. sram xo
4. maxxis
5. isis

in that order.

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 15:02 Quote
JonKranked wrote:
1. dt swiss
2. formula
3. sram xo
4. maxxis
5. isis

in that order.
what the hell are you on about?

Cane creek- nice and adjustable, smooth, so far reliable
Roco- reaal nice feel, solid, very reliable, simple and effective
DHX- proven, nice adjustment not very lively though...
Curnutt- limited application may mask performance, but they definately perform!
Vanilla RC- still in my mind a real good shock, reliable and smooth.

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 15:02 Quote
JonKranked wrote:
1. dt swiss
2. formula
3. sram xo
4. maxxis
5. isis

in that order.
not mechs dude

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 15:03 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
JonKranked wrote:
1. dt swiss
2. formula
3. sram xo
4. maxxis
5. isis

in that order.
not mechs dude
not even that! he was on brands generally...!

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 15:07 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
1. cane creek double barrel
2. rock shox vivid
3.roco
4.dhx
5.curnnut or avalanche

What's the point of making a post like that if you're not going to explain your choices? That could be based purely on oppinion and speculation. Have you even used all of those shock for a long enough period of time to actualy give an educated answer?

Sorry but this is one of the most pointless threads I've seen, there's just way too many variables involved for us to just give you a list of the five best shocks on the market. For example there's personal preference, some people like an extreamly plush shock like the roco wile others want an efficient pedaling platform like the dhx, there's no such thing as a "best" shock because what might be perfect for one rider could be completely wrong for another. Plus the lack of info in your post makes it even harder to answer the question, what are the shocks going to be used for? There's a big difference between what shock set up you'd want for racing then how you would want it for freeriding. And this is the kind of question that is asked very frequently so you might as well just use search.

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 15:18 Quote
1. Curnutte, for the adjustments, and proven reliability, also. to bad cant fit any other bike than a foes

2. Manitou revox, for the wieght, reliability, and adjustments. in my mind nothing wrong with it, just manitous bad rep could throw off a potential buyer.

3. DHX, fox=reliable, smooth travel, fairly fair price for a high end shock. not a lot of adjustment for dh racing, but it has been proven by the pros.

4. Cane creek Double barrel (in my mind not proven yet) , but soooo adjustable

5. Rock shox vivid again, really not proven, but looks very promising

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 2:01 Quote
Double barrel has been on the market for over 2 years now, I have never ever heard one person complain about its performance or reliability. I have never heard of one failing, and have never heard of any problems with it. That seems proven enuff to me.

1. Double barrel - Absolute finest quality shock out there. Super adjustable, and best ride of any shock to date. Super reliable. A company that stands behind their product, great warranty.

2. Rock shox Vivid - Cheapest way to get Twin-tube performance and adjustability, solid company that is known for standing behind its products.

3. Fox DHX - Most popular shock in MTB industry, good adjustments, proven to be decently reliable if well maintained. Great service now OGC is taking care of business.

4. Marrzocchi Roco - Very lively shock, great for DH, not a great platform. Great company with solid service and warranty. Still some problems with reliability to iron out.

5. Fox DHX air - Solid performance, super light, great company service and warranty through OGC. Not as reliable as coil but models are getting better with every year.

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 12:21 Quote
1.Cane Creek...most independently adjustable shock, and hand built by one of three people...not three hundred.

2.The Vivid...only because it show's potential

3.Swinger SPV or any curnutt licensed shock

4.Fox DHX 4.0. Most good suspension designs don't need a volume adjuster (boost Valve)

5.The ROCO...still in refinement, heard more bad then good thus far. Could be switching with the Vivid if the vivid has any hickups.

Thats my list of five.

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 21:02 Quote
fox dhx 5.0
super reliable, good adjustability, smooth
dhx 5.0 air
light, adjustable feels pretty good
cane creak
adjustable
rockshox
i dont know why

manitou,marzocchi and foes are all terrible

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 21:13 Quote
1. Avalanche...custom valved for each individual rider (according to your wieght, riding style and frame)
2. Cane Creek...it is the most adjustable shock available but it is hella pricey
3. Fox DHX 5...simple, proven, effective
4. Fox DHX 5 Air..i think that it is great that there is an air shock that is strong enough for the rigors of dh (well...with a little more maintenance) I love air because it eliminates the need to change springs and saves alot of wieght (yes, i am a HUGE weight weenie)
5. Marzocchi ROCO... its alright, but i prefer the fox. and there are more tuning options for the fox e.g. Push tuning

I did not include the Vivid because it has not been in production long enough to find any long term drawbacks/defects.

O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 5:41 Quote
1. Avalanche...custom valved for each individual rider (according to your wieght, riding style and frame)
1a. Cane Creek...custom valved if bought through cane creek,(according to your wieght, riding style and frame) talk to malcom. The shock does not fit some frames and makes an Avalanch look affordable
3. Fox DHX 5...simple, proven, effective and Pushable
4. Fox DHX 5 Air..I love air because it eliminates the need to change springs and saves a lot of weight and in 2008 they are finally building them to be reliable.
5. Marzocchi ROCO needs more work in my opinion

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 9:05 Quote
khorne wrote:
fox dhx 5.0
super reliable, good adjustability, smooth
dhx 5.0 air
light, adjustable feels pretty good
cane creak
adjustable
rockshox
i dont know why

manitou,marzocchi and foes are all terrible
Try riding them. do your research

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 9:24 Quote
1. Revox; light, adjustable, smooth, and reliable. When i first rode this shock, it made me want to throw away my dhx 5.
2. CC DB, SUPER adjustable, expensive, and exclusive to a degree. They are hand made by a select few and are super high quality. They are my 2nd choice because of weight, price, and a wee bit too complicated for me to maintain.
3. FOES; the stroke on this thing is amazing. I was lucky enough to try one out because my friend own one. Its a bit odd but once you get used to it it's amazing. Great sesitivity and big hit absorbtion. But the rebound is a lil slow and its hard to flick the bike around. Maybe that's because its a foes bike.
4. DHX 5; nice price for the performance. Smooth, proven, and reliable. But it's still a fox(over-rated and a bitch to maintain)
5.Marz Rocos are really bad. I was at a shop and one blew up with out even being on the ground! It's heavy and sluggish. The air is even worse. Oil spills everywhere too.

There ya go. REVOX all the way

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011301
Mobile Version of Website