In need of a chain guide / tensioner. What would you recommend?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
In need of a chain guide / tensioner. What would you recommend?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 18, 2012 at 18:18 Quote
I have a 2011 Specialized FSR Elite and I'm looking for a chain guide / tensioner. Everything is stock:

- CHAINRINGS: 38A x 24A, carbon shift guard, 4-bolt, 104/64mm

- BOTTOM BRACKET: SRAM GXP outboard bearing

- CRANKSET: Custom SRAM Carbon S-2200, 10-speed XC Trail double, GXP spindle, removeable spider, S: 170mm, others: 175mm

What would you guys recommend? I was looking at the Blackspire Stinger BB tensioner but would like some feedback before I make the purchase.

Thanks

Posted: Oct 19, 2012 at 10:36 Quote
so I take it you're going to single front ring? I don't think your frame has ISCG tabs does it? I think most guides will come with bb adapter so you've got alot of options. I happen to have a new gravity light guide with a bb adapter I'm not going to use after all if you're interested just pm me.

Posted: Oct 20, 2012 at 10:01 Quote
I use the bionicon c guide v.02 it's very good to use with out iscg tabs and very cheap

Posted: Oct 20, 2012 at 10:23 Quote
I was just looking at the bionicon and that's probably what I will go with since I really don't want to go down to one ring. I still want the bike to climb and I'm a weak climber so I'll need the extra help from the granny gears. Big Grin

Posted: Oct 20, 2012 at 10:40 Quote
It's quiet cheap and can be used with even 3 rings

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2012 at 21:26 Quote
I second the bionicon c.guide. It actually works pretty damn well, adds minimal/negligible weight. Minimized my chain slap issue, and I've never really had problems with dropped chains.

bionicon c.guide v2 This small piece of metal plastic actually works suprisingly well. It minimized the chainslap I haven t run into any problems with dropped chains or anything either. Definitely recommend this product.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2012 at 22:11 Quote
I don't notice any drag. My buddy who tried it out says theres less drag than his rollers(he's running some e13 chainguide).

My only thing is I'm waiting to see how it does long term(in regards to wear and tear on the plastic part).

Another thing is install is simple as hell. Takes literally 5 minutes.

Posted: Oct 21, 2012 at 22:21 Quote
I think I'm going to have to check it out. Can't beat the price and simplicity. Thanks!

Posted: Oct 21, 2012 at 22:44 Quote
jokercykoe wrote:
I don't notice any drag. My buddy who tried it out says theres less drag than his rollers(he's running some e13 chainguide).

My only thing is I'm waiting to see how it does long term(in regards to wear and tear on the plastic part).

Another thing is install is simple as hell. Takes literally 5 minutes.

I'm using it for a few months and its still working great

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011972
Mobile Version of Website