Downhill Air Shock

PB Forum :: Downhill
Downhill Air Shock
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 29, 2012 at 5:26 Quote
Hey Guys,
I'm looking for a rear shock suited for Downhill. At the moment, I am running a Manitou Swinger 4 Way Air, but I am close to bottoming it out with nearly max pressure, and so I need a shock that is 190mm i2i that would be better suited. I would preferably like a coil shock, but 190 i2i are hard to come by, which is why I am leaning more towards an air shock as they tend to be smaller. Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers Big Grin

Posted: Oct 29, 2012 at 8:36 Quote
you can get a fox vanilla RC coil over in 190 i2i. not brilliant, but its a pretty decent piece of kit.

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 3:25 Quote
Hey thanks for the reply! Is there anywhere where I could get this shock from, I can't find anywhere that sells it in this size! If not, have you had any experience with the Fox DHX 5.0 air? BikeRadar have given it a very good review, however some people think the opposite! Thanks.

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 10:12 Quote
querhoch wrote:
you can get a fox vanilla RC coil over in 190 i2i. not brilliant, but its a pretty decent piece of kit.

Avalanche can convert that shock to speed sensitive goodness if he wants high-end damping. I'm guessing that Push offers something similar as well, probably others.

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 10:51 Quote
RhinoBiker wrote:
Hey thanks for the reply! Is there anywhere where I could get this shock from, I can't find anywhere that sells it in this size! If not, have you had any experience with the Fox DHX 5.0 air? BikeRadar have given it a very good review, however some people think the opposite! Thanks.

DHX air is no good, I had two of them and they are just a funky shock over all. would have benefitted from some sort of compression damping over pro-pedal and for the money new there are better shocks. You can get something like the Monarch rt3, or a Fox RP23 in that size, both should serve the purpose. but they are relatively low air volume.

The xfusion o2 series would fit as well and so far they have been getting good reviews for their all mountain applications.

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 11:12 Quote
have you tried tft or madison? ive got two from ebay in the last couple of years so have a look there.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011885
Mobile Version of Website