Derailer/shifter issues

PB Forum :: Downhill
Derailer/shifter issues
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 31, 2012 at 21:29 Quote
My derailer adjustment screws don't do any thing and my cable tension always goes to 0. I also can't shift to my highest gear and I would normally fix that easily but the limit screws but they don't do any thing.

Please help me out

Posted: Nov 1, 2012 at 20:45 Quote
Run new cable and housing and see if that fixes it.

While the cable & housing is out, physically push the derailleur with your hand and see if it hits all the gears.

Check your chain length

Limit screws should do something. Try to peek around and see if there's something messed up in there. Screws can be replaced

Posted: Nov 1, 2012 at 20:55 Quote
x808trailsx wrote:
My derailer adjustment screws don't do any thing and my cable tension always goes to 0. I also can't shift to my highest gear and I would normally fix that easily but the limit screws but they don't do any thing.

Please help me out

make sure that you down shift (smallest rear cog ring) and pull all the slack through the cable housing, set your lower limit screw without the cable in, check the largest chain ring this way to leave the shifter all the way down shifted keep the cable undone and push the derailleur all the way up while turning the pedals, If you're limits are set you should never need to adjust them

It just sounds like the cable needs to be pulled through the housing and clamped again. If the cable is slow to return you might have dirty housing and replacing it with new stuff should do the trick.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008918
Mobile Version of Website