Powered by Outside

Wrong item listed on Paypal bill

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Wrong item listed on Paypal bill
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 18, 2012 at 3:10 Quote
I negotiated for a specific bike and we agreed on a price. When the Paypal bill came, all it said was "for purchase of (another brand name) bike". No specifics such as year, model, etc.

Mt question is how specific should the Paypal bill description be in order to provide me with some assurance I will get what I thought I was buying?

Posted: Nov 20, 2012 at 11:40 Quote
Personally, I bought a frame from a guy here, and my paypal invoice said EXACTLY what I bought. If this person is paypal invoicing you, tell them to put what it is on the bill. If you have agreed to buy a "santa cruz" but accept an invoice for a "norco", when you receive the norco instead of the santa cruz, you're gonna be outta luck, cause that's what you paid for. I'd make them do it properly. Ask the Mod "Psyclist", he's usually on the scammers thread, and could point you in the right direction.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2012 at 14:08 Quote
SpinDiva wrote:
I negotiated for a specific bike and we agreed on a price. When the Paypal bill came, all it said was "for purchase of (another brand name) bike". No specifics such as year, model, etc.

Mt question is how specific should the Paypal bill description be in order to provide me with some assurance I will get what I thought I was buying?

Refuse to pay the invoice then. Its not hard to put the actual item in the subject/description of the invoice. Putting another bike brand is clearly being done to scam you.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008310
Mobile Version of Website