Hardtail Vs. Full-Suspension

PB Forum :: Downhill
Hardtail Vs. Full-Suspension
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 at 18:16 Quote
Hey pink bike. My name is henry and I am 13 years old and have been mountain biking for as long as i can remember, but just recently got into in to DH/FR biking. I have heard mixed Ideas on Hardtails vs. Full-suspension. I would be doing some small dirt jumps, but my local DH spot is full of ruts and very rocky.
I just want a bike that would be fast and very jumpy, but with some stability because I will be DH racing soon. So my question what kind of bike would be best Ht or Full?

thanks

Posted: Dec 5, 2012 at 18:18 Quote
Hardtail for a few years then move up to full suspension when your a bit older. The hardtail will help you learn basic riding skills. But up to you, and how much $$ your willing to spend..

Posted: Dec 6, 2012 at 4:35 Quote
Stick with the HT for as long as you can , any Dh bike you buy won't fit you in 2 years or less time ( unless you have generous parents who will upgrade for you then go for it )

Posted: Dec 7, 2012 at 7:49 Quote
Thanks probably will get a hardtail now or a cheap short travel bike.

thanks

Posted: Dec 7, 2012 at 16:41 Quote
how heavy do you weigh? you may be fine with a hardtail.

infinitybike wrote:
Hey pink bike. My name is horny and I am 13 years old and have been mountain biking for as long as i can remember, but just recently got into in to DH/FR biking. I have heard mixed Ideas on Hardtails vs. Full-suspension. I would be doing some small dirt jumps, but my local DH spot is full of ruts and very rocky.
I just want a bike that would be fast and very jumpy, but with some stability because I will be DH racing soon. So my question what kind of bike would be best Ht or Full?

thanks

Posted: Dec 8, 2012 at 13:12 Quote
Only 90 to 100 pounds. So hard tail would probably work fine

Posted: Dec 8, 2012 at 13:28 Quote
Hardtail to start with, you will end up a faster rider in the long run.

Posted: Dec 8, 2012 at 14:03 Quote
Hard tail and flats to begin with. Then full suss, but keep riding dirt jumps and building up the tricks!

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 18:41 Quote
Thanks hard tail sounds like the way I will go, but does anyone know of some good ones?

the dartmoor hornet caught my eye

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 at 13:38 Quote
Not ridden the Hornet, but the Dartmoor Phantom I have is really nice. Not sure how it will stand up to DH though, is it worth considering a steel frame?

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 at 15:19 Quote
Also my local dh spot is really rocky and tons of ruts, so I was looking at some lighter short travel bikes, like the SX trail or banshee rampant or dartmoor shine

any ideas

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 at 15:22 Quote
sx trail is really not a short travel bike

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 at 19:08 Quote
Yeah guess so, just looking for a light do it all bike. so maybe banshee rampant, but not sure how it would handle at speed cause it has a steep head angle.

Any ideas

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 at 21:55 Quote
get a hardtail to start out, it will help you learn to be a smoother rider because you'll have to pick your lines and wont be able to just plow over everything. then when you do move onto a fs bike you'll be a lot faster and a better rider too

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 7:32 Quote
What are some good ones then?, but still worried if it could handle the rocky DH were I live?

Thanks

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014635
Mobile Version of Website