7 or 8 Inch travel freeride bike?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
7 or 8 Inch travel freeride bike?
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 17:42 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
... wrong! in teh 60's-70's giant was one of the only frame porducers.. to make mor eprofit they made there own brand of giant bikes.. if i am correct treck is a sub division of giant as are several other companies.

Every piece of that is TOTALLY wrong.

Giant the manufacturer and Giant the American bike company are two COMPLETELY different companies. They have NOTHING in common except that the manufacturer has made a few bikes for the company. Giant manufacturing doesn't own any bike companies they just make bikes for a LOT of them.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 17:57 Quote
alinelover wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:
alinelover wrote:

cus transition is samll and specialized is one of the biggest in the world. its popular. starbucks is also popular, and starbucks isnt that good. not saying specialized isnt good. theyre a great company that has made it big in the industry. but transition from my experiance has better bikes. ive ridden a demo 7 and a bottle rocket, and a blindside, and an sx trail all on real quality riding and transition wins for me
yes but you also own a transition and ride it all the time...riding a bike a couple times thats set up for someone else doesnt mean shit. Ride each one of those bikes for a month straight so there set up exactly for you (frame size, sag ,high/low compresssion ,rebound ect.) without riding yours then give your opinion. Until you do that your just a 13 yr old defending the faith in the bike you own and what you think is the "Popular opinion" or the "In thing"

my guess is you havnt tried out bikes like that so shut up. and dont judge me for being thirteen. i get enough of that bullshit
my guess is i have,but i dont give be all end all opinions on bikes unless ive had a considerable amount of riding time on them nor do i say my brand of bike is the popular opinion just because i own that brand or thats the brand my favorite pro rider rides ect.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 22:43 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
alinelover wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:

yes but you also own a transition and ride it all the time...riding a bike a couple times thats set up for someone else doesnt mean shit. Ride each one of those bikes for a month straight so there set up exactly for you (frame size, sag ,high/low compresssion ,rebound ect.) without riding yours then give your opinion. Until you do that your just a 13 yr old defending the faith in the bike you own and what you think is the "Popular opinion" or the "In thing"

my guess is you havnt tried out bikes like that so shut up. and dont judge me for being thirteen. i get enough of that bullshit
my guess is i have,but i dont give be all end all opinions on bikes unless ive had a considerable amount of riding time on them nor do i say my brand of bike is the popular opinion just because i own that brand or thats the brand my favorite pro rider rides ect.

well i live in washington, where like 50% ppl ride transition so that is the pop. opinion around where i live

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 22:59 Quote
i highly doubt that 50% of the riders in washington are riding transitions unless you consider yourself and a handfull of your friends with them 50% of the riders..

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 1:18 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
i highly doubt that 50% of the riders in washington are riding transitions unless you consider yourself and a handfull of your friends with them 50% of the riders..

okay, that was an exageration. but transition is based in bellingham and at sst one time seriously 15 people were all on transitions. theyre very pioplular up here

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 5:09 Quote
thats a dirty lie!!!! or a very uncommon opinion

not a dirty lie...its very fashionable to be into Transition at the moment, and there is alot of blind loyalty to the brand without actually looking at the cold hard facts

Transition is putting out some good, affordable frames with some neat features that ride well, but to state that Transition make better frames than Specialized is just plain ignorant

if you actually put a Specialized SX Trail and Transition Bottlerocket side by side, and you actually know what you are talking about in terms of construction quality, frame design and suspension performance, the SX Trail is leagues ahead

which it would be as Specialized are big enough to have the manufacturing resources to have their own in-house engineering staff, a hydroformed tubeset, cold forged frame components (B/B, Head Tube, etc.), the very well respected FSR suspension technology and some of the best riders in the World

the SX Trail is a higher quality frame because it has superior manufacturing technology, better suspension design and better quality control which come as a result of being produced by a larger company with more resources, and from selling at a higher price point

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 8:35 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
thats a dirty lie!!!! or a very uncommon opinion

not a dirty lie...its very fashionable to be into Transition at the moment, and there is alot of blind loyalty to the brand without actually looking at the cold hard facts

Transition is putting out some good, affordable frames with some neat features that ride well, but to state that Transition make better frames than Specialized is just plain ignorant

if you actually put a Specialized SX Trail and Transition Bottlerocket side by side, and you actually know what you are talking about in terms of construction quality, frame design and suspension performance, the SX Trail is leagues ahead

which it would be as Specialized are big enough to have the manufacturing resources to have their own in-house engineering staff, a hydroformed tubeset, cold forged frame components (B/B, Head Tube, etc.), the very well respected FSR suspension technology and some of the best riders in the World

the SX Trail is a higher quality frame because it has superior manufacturing technology, better suspension design and better quality control which come as a result of being produced by a larger company with more resources, and from selling at a higher price point

dude. when i said it was a dirty lie i was kidding haha. and i said i liked the bottle rocket more. never said it was better designed. i said i liked it more. and sx trails are hella sick

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 8:36 Quote
and i dont just ride transition cus its "fasionable" or a "trend"

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 6:32 Quote
said i liked it more

that is actually all that matters...if it feels better to you then you got to ride that bike!!

I personally don't get on with the SX Trail, but recognised its a great bike

what baffles me is the amount of people that will blindly buy a bike (currently in the UK a Transition) because its fashionable, without ever trying one out....

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 6:49 Quote
7 inch, 8 is for downhill and 12 is for Bender

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016705
Mobile Version of Website