EVIL Undead

PB Forum :: Downhill
EVIL Undead
Posted: Jan 17, 2014 at 10:54 Quote
brazilian-monkey wrote:
Twodogsfarking wrote:
Guys, so I'm about 6 or 7 rides in on my new Undead and love it.. however I can't help feeling it's pretty harsh in the rear compared to my 2012 session88. This could easily be due to my lack of setup with the 2013 rc4, so I'm asking what the best way to plush it up would be given that I'm running the 450 spring which is pretty right. I have 140psi in it but I'm under the impression this is more for the bottom out control? Was thinking I might turn the lsc up to a few clicks off full? Rebound is low, hsc is mid range.
And on the bottom out control, is there actually a way to turn it without taking the shock out of this frame? I don't even know where mine is set to be honest, but the bike feels really good with these settings on most sections I've ridden, it's just the rocky fast stuff where it seems harsh and could do with some love.. Pardon my ignorance but i know sweet fa really so hoping someone could shed some light on whether this is a setup issue or if that's just a characteristic of the frame?

Im riding evil dh bikes since 2009, and i tryed rc4 with boost valve, CCDB air, CCDB coil, and Rc4 2014 with air assist, and for RC4 with boost valve, i think youre frame have this shock, i always rode my rc4 with no HSC and zero bottom out control, delta link is too progressive in the end of the travel, that why you fell harsh on fast stuff, and for adjust the bottom out on youre shock get one small allen key, put on the hole on the side of the bottom out control and close all the way, if you never open it will be close for sure

the best shock to ride undead is Rc4 2014, no bottom out control anymore, less oil pressure, thicker shaft and more linear feel

what about the bos void?

Posted: Jan 20, 2014 at 5:04 Quote
mattygee020671 wrote:
brazilian-monkey wrote:
Twodogsfarking wrote:
Guys, so I'm about 6 or 7 rides in on my new Undead and love it.. however I can't help feeling it's pretty harsh in the rear compared to my 2012 session88. This could easily be due to my lack of setup with the 2013 rc4, so I'm asking what the best way to plush it up would be given that I'm running the 450 spring which is pretty right. I have 140psi in it but I'm under the impression this is more for the bottom out control? Was thinking I might turn the lsc up to a few clicks off full? Rebound is low, hsc is mid range.
And on the bottom out control, is there actually a way to turn it without taking the shock out of this frame? I don't even know where mine is set to be honest, but the bike feels really good with these settings on most sections I've ridden, it's just the rocky fast stuff where it seems harsh and could do with some love.. Pardon my ignorance but i know sweet fa really so hoping someone could shed some light on whether this is a setup issue or if that's just a characteristic of the frame?

Im riding evil dh bikes since 2009, and i tryed rc4 with boost valve, CCDB air, CCDB coil, and Rc4 2014 with air assist, and for RC4 with boost valve, i think youre frame have this shock, i always rode my rc4 with no HSC and zero bottom out control, delta link is too progressive in the end of the travel, that why you fell harsh on fast stuff, and for adjust the bottom out on youre shock get one small allen key, put on the hole on the side of the bottom out control and close all the way, if you never open it will be close for sure

the best shock to ride undead is Rc4 2014, no bottom out control anymore, less oil pressure, thicker shaft and more linear feel

what about the bos void?

i never tried, delta link will never work flawlees with air shock, but if you remenber Remy win WC at Andorra last year with BOS VOID, and commencal v3 is very progressive frame, if you have someone to make full rebuild i think will be great, but BOS dont have good after sales, i try to contact BOS some times and no one answer me, imagine if you have a problem on your shock or need a some shock part?

Posted: Jan 20, 2014 at 9:31 Quote
brazilian-monkey wrote:
mattygee020671 wrote:
brazilian-monkey wrote:

what about the bos void?

i never tried, delta link will never work flawlees with air shock, but if you remenber Remy win WC at Andorra last year with BOS VOID, and commencal v3 is very progressive frame, if you have someone to make full rebuild i think will be great, but BOS dont have good after sales, i try to contact BOS some times and no one answer me, imagine if you have a problem on your shock or need a some shock part?

Dr bike & mr ride can let me test one and i am fully aware of BOS and their lack of aftersales service. But i know and trust Dr Bike and they would sort any problems

Posted: Jan 27, 2014 at 2:32 Quote
dilema? will a 170 crank arm length bee to long for my undead????

Posted: Jan 27, 2014 at 6:46 Quote
mattygee020671 wrote:

if you ride on high position NO!

Posted: Jan 27, 2014 at 7:18 Quote
brazilian-monkey wrote:
mattygee020671 wrote:

no im on low and slack

Posted: Jan 27, 2014 at 7:41 Quote
mattygee020671 wrote:
brazilian-monkey wrote:
mattygee020671 wrote:

no im on low and slack

if you ride less than 30% SAG, YES

if you ride like 33% you have to know how to manage the bike without hit the ground, i never hit the ground with 165mm on low slack but i have a friend that often hit the ground with a DEMO on high position, you re the guy that always hit something or not

if not 170mm will be nice

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 1:10 Quote
i have only "accidentally" gone and purchased some Sixc cranks for my Undead build!!!, hopefully should bring her to about 33.5lbs (15.2kg).

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 1:17 Quote
Lookig into getting an evil undead for my new downhill rig. How does it compare to a giant glory 2012? Has the rear swingarm paint crack been fixed(not really an issue but its nice to be paintcrackfree)? Any major issues that have been spotted in the frame or when riding? It comes factory with a fox shock but I hear its not optimal setup has anyone tried a canecreek double barrel or a canecreek air? How does the bike react to jumps big jumps like 45-60 foot booters?does the bike stay on the ground like a downhill downhill bike or is it playfuly and easy to manual/pop/whip/scrub?

Thanks,Matt

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 1:26 Quote
Matt-Levasseur wrote:
Lookig into getting an evil undead for my new downhill rig. How does it compare to a giant glory 2012? Has the rear swingarm paint crack been fixed(not really an issue but its nice to be paintcrackfree)? Any major issues that have been spotted in the frame or when riding? It comes factory with a fox shock but I hear its not optimal setup has anyone tried a canecreek double barrel or a canecreek air? How does the bike react to jumps big jumps like 45-60 foot booters?does the bike stay on the ground like a downhill downhill bike or is it playfuly and easy to manual/pop/whip/scrub?

Thanks,Matt
hello mate,

cant comment on a Glory as never had one, but i prefer it to my old carbon Demo and Commie V3, mine has got a paint crack but is barely noticeable so does not worry me. If you get a 2014 RC4 it is near on perfect, the frame was built around a RC4 so matched very well, i have seen air shocks but mixed reviews/responses. The bike does like getting airborne and easy to control but 50-60ft i have no experience of these heights!!! still doing 5-6ft!!

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 3:25 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
i have only "accidentally" gone and purchased some Sixc cranks for my Undead build!!!, hopefully should bring her to about 33.5lbs (15.2kg).

Wondering how accurate your scales are? I got full sixc and mine weighs 36lbs. Quite a lot of difference

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 9:51 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
thedad71 wrote:

Wondering how accurate your scales are? I got full sixc and mine weighs 36lbs. Quite a lot of difference
Pretty accurate, weighs my other bikes at 39.75lb and 39.5lb, also my dumbbell weights are confirmed.

Looking at your undead you have minions I think, are they tubeless? If not you can save 300g per tyre with Hans Dampf super gravity and approx another 250g per wheel losing the inner tube. Total approx 1100g, or about 2lb 6oz ( if my conversion is correct) that would make yours about 33lb 10oz.

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 9:57 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
thedad71 wrote:

Pretty accurate, weighs my other bikes at 39.75lb and 39.5lb, also my dumbbell weights are confirmed.

Looking at your undead you have minions I think, are they tubeless? If not you can save 300g per tyre with Hans Dampf super gravity and approx another 250g per wheel losing the inner tube. Total approx 1100g, or about 2lb 6oz ( if my conversion is correct) that would make yours about 33lb 10oz.

Cool, gives me something to try. Thanks. Oh and congrats on the cranks!

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 20:08 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
thedad71 wrote:

I have full carbon build and it's 34lb 12oz with tubes.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 20:39 Quote
Were you running 823's originally? What were you weighin in at with those?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013142
Mobile Version of Website