EVIL Undead

PB Forum :: Downhill
EVIL Undead
Posted: Feb 7, 2014 at 14:50 Quote
tpersons wrote:
Were you running 823's originally? What were you weighin in at with those?

823 Tubeless...i can't remember it was somewhere in 36's with aluminum bars/seat post/wheels... changed all of that up and changed to Obtainium spring and dropped to the 34's.

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2014 at 17:00 Quote
Yea I'm basically going to reproduce my 450 on an undead frame and that's what I was running. Sounds good. Thanks man.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 8:07 Quote
Anyone have frame only weight? Or frame and rc4 ?

Not claimed but actually weighed themself preferably scale shot?

Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 8:36 Quote
going for a bos void on mine now. tried one on a wilson the other day, made any other shock feel dead, in my opinion anyway

Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 13:28 Quote
airmiller44 wrote:
Anyone have frame only weight? Or frame and rc4 ?

Not claimed but actually weighed themself preferably scale shot?

This was mine: Only the parts listed as it came out of the box...

Medium frame
Fox Rc4 with 400lbs steel spring
Headset cups - no bearings
Rear axle & hanger
Seatpost clamp

4.64kg or 10.22lbs

Not the lightest full carbon frame around, but appears to be built solid. Im interested to see what Evil come up with in relation to the newer revised version of the Undead. This frame is not without its flaws, so hopefully they've addressed those issues.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 15:48 Quote
What is this newer revised version you speak of....

Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 15:51 Quote
It's been in the works for a bit, supposedly almost a pound lighter, cosmetic paint cracking issues fixed, updated delta link bearings that don't wear out super fast, and probly more...?

Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 16:11 Quote
**** Taken from Sicklines.com****

Planned 2014 Undead Updates

Evil has a few updates in store for next season, here’s what you can look forward to:

Swingarm=

Full carbon swingers
Removed aluminum insert (this insert is responsible for the current paint crack issues)
Reduced weight
Claimed 30% Increase lateral stiffness
Hardware threads directly into flip chip

Bearings=

Spherical linkage bearings have been replaced with custom Dual Row bearings from Enduro which eliminate any linkage play

Front triangle=

Increased bearing size for durability, stiffness and longevity
Reduced weight
Claimed 20% Increase HT and BB stiffness

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 17:04 Quote
What the eff. I'm tryin to buy a new bike. I don't want to wait for this thing hahah.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 18:07 Quote
I found the sicklines article and it said updated swingarms were hopefully going to customers around January hopefully it's true.

Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 18:42 Quote
It's now February. Last email i got a few days ago said they wont know anything for around another 3-4 weeks, which then makes it March.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 20:09 Quote
Damn it. Man that sketches me out.

Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 5:12 Quote
Hi guys, May I know how can I tell if the Undead frame is a pre 2012 model or the post 2012 model? Is it from the linkage where the lacquer paint "problem" is? Pre 2012 has only 2 bolts and the post has 3 bolts? I am getting an Undead frame soon too :-) I am not sure how to distinguish whether the dealer here will sell me a 2013 or the 2014 version of the Undead frame. Thanks for any info :-)

Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 5:29 Quote
MeowMeow9211 wrote:
Hi guys, May I know how can I tell if the Undead frame is a pre 2012 model or the post 2012 model? Is it from the linkage where the lacquer paint "problem" is? Pre 2012 has only 2 bolts and the post has 3 bolts? I am getting an Undead frame soon too :-) I am not sure how to distinguish whether the dealer here will sell me a 2013 or the 2014 version of the Undead frame. Thanks for any info :-)

No updated rear ends have been shipped out what I understand, so they are all old model

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 19:35 Quote
Alright, I'm going for it tomorrow if they have larges in stock. I was told today swing arm "at least a month+" so I'm gunna pull the trigger. If the new ones show and they're that much better I'll sell it and buy one of those lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016126
Mobile Version of Website