EVIL Undead

PB Forum :: Downhill
EVIL Undead
Posted: Aug 1, 2013 at 14:36 Quote
Actually i take that back ridden it for 4 days in morzine and ive cracked it in 2 places

stress cracks on both sides of the pivot bearings

and ive seen 2 others with the same problem

stay away

Posted: Aug 1, 2013 at 14:55 Quote
If its in the spot that I think you're talking about, evil claims its a crack in the paint.

Posted: Aug 1, 2013 at 22:29 Quote
Considering buying an Undead frame at the moment > http://www.silverfish-uk.com/ProductDetail/0/12878/UNDEAD-FRAMESET-Satin-Raw-Carbon-Fox-RC4-Kashima-2013-Medium/EV13CUND70XX0100MD

Think i will have a closer look at the warranty terms and conditions first after reading this thread...

Posted: Aug 2, 2013 at 11:03 Quote
MarkFive wrote:
Actually i take that back ridden it for 4 days in morzine and ive cracked it in 2 places

stress cracks on both sides of the pivot bearings

and ive seen 2 others with the same problem

stay away

Its the paint. I had the same problem. Dont worry the frame is not cracked in any way shape or form. There are Steel Inserts that are molded into the frame for the bolts to go into. they flexes a tiny bit and cause the paint to slightly crack right there.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z254/ballaholyk84/image2012-07-17at10625PM_zps05737180.jpeg

FL
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 at 14:37 Quote
I thought the finish was the raw (UD) carbon, rather than paint?

On a side note, I was looking at one in a bike shop in Morzine. The guy behind the counter commented on how nice they are, but said 'they still crack'...... Not the best sales pitch I have ever heard, but I admire his honesty!

Posted: Aug 2, 2013 at 17:34 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
I thought the finish was the raw (UD) carbon, rather than paint?

On a side note, I was looking at one in a bike shop in Morzine. The guy behind the counter commented on how nice they are, but said 'they still crack'...... Not the best sales pitch I have ever heard, but I admire his honesty!

It is Raw Carbon but has a light clear over it to help protect the carbon. Where the metal meets the frame is where is happens. I have yet to see one crack. Only story of one cracking was testing the old rear triangles last year at the WC. Since they went a different route there hasnt been anything wrong with em that I have seen. I would like to see someone who has a cracked Evil Undead and that is has actually happened from normal riding.

Anyone could say "they still crack" about any bike out there. There isnt a single bike that if hit the wring way or wrecked just right will crack.

Posted: Aug 2, 2013 at 22:31 Quote
Evil has a bad customer service , I called them several times and left messages , I needed more info on the frame because I was in the market to buy one .but because they have not called me back till this date . I decided to spend my hard earn money on a Turner DHR dw and I'm so glad I did bike rocks and the customer service is great .Evil
Your website and your phone's are as good as dead

Posted: Aug 3, 2013 at 10:58 Quote
primodog wrote:
Evil has a bad customer service , I called them several times and left messages , I needed more info on the frame because I was in the market to buy one .but because they have not called me back till this date . I decided to spend my hard earn money on a Turner DHR dw and I'm so glad I did bike rocks and the customer service is great .Evil
Your website and your phone's are as good as dead

Evil consists of one guy who runs a full time business as well. Yes it is very tough to get a hold of them. You do understand that you can buy their bikes from quite a few places that actually have them in stock? You will have to go through a dealer with most companies anyways. Its a bad look when a bike company sells direct because it takes away business from shops that push their product.

And btw you said that last month.

Posted: Aug 3, 2013 at 13:50 Quote
I agree with you , but with so limited information on the web I decided to call them direct , unfortunately they never called back .I loved the way the Evil bikes look and might even consider one in the future .

Posted: Aug 4, 2013 at 9:23 Quote
I will never buy something that I can't get direct answers for... Reason why I love having my tr450... Great guys easy to talk to

Posted: Aug 4, 2013 at 10:24 Quote
PhilR
I'm with you with that ..no answe's no customers

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 at 1:28 Quote
i hear you have to service the pivots every 8 hours of riding

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 at 1:46 Quote
Looks Like Evil have removed the site and no one can post on there FB anymore

im stuck with a cracked frame an no eta on my new swingarm

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 at 10:54 Quote
MarkFive wrote:
Looks Like Evil have removed the site and no one can post on there FB anymore

im stuck with a cracked frame an no eta on my new swingarm

Where is your frame cracked? Any pictures?

EDIT: So I just looked at your selling thread for it. Looks like the paint crack. You may want to clarify that before you say "I am stuck with a cracked frame". Your frame is not cracked and far from it. Its a small paint crack. As far as I know, which the same thing happened to mine as well, you will not get a new swingarm because of that.

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 at 11:05 Quote
thats like the 3rd or 4th time that someone has claimed its a crack and it really just ends up being a paint crack.. lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021474
Mobile Version of Website