EVIL Undead

PB Forum :: Downhill
EVIL Undead
Posted: Aug 8, 2013 at 11:46 Quote
I bought it direct threw silverfish I work in the industry and did a lot of research never seeing this pop up

Anyways I don't think am bitter it's principal in my eyes

Happy for you that you enjoy your ride mate its a sick bike even with the decals I'm going to give them another chance and see how I get on

Thx everyone
Ride hard

Posted: Aug 8, 2013 at 14:45 Quote
MarkFive wrote:
I bought it direct threw silverfish I work in the industry and did a lot of research never seeing this pop up

Anyways I don't think am bitter it's principal in my eyes

Happy for you that you enjoy your ride mate its a sick bike even with the decals I'm going to give them another chance and see how I get on

Thx everyone
Ride hard
Thanks for understanding bud. Have you contacted SilverFish about it? Im sure you have but usually if I do anything through shops then they are my first Point Of Contact and they can usually get things done in a more timely matter.

I appreciate the compliments on my bike. Not a single decal on it though. Its completely airbrushed.

I would definitely give them another chance. Once you have ridden the Undead and gotten used to it, every other bike just doesnt feel right.

I do apologize for the choice of language I used but just got under my skin. Beer

Posted: Aug 9, 2013 at 11:21 Quote
Sorry i meant airbrushed some of the guys in the uk admire it as well looks sick thats one i liked before i bought mine

:-)

Silverfish passed me on to Kevin direct but he is good at replying as fast as he could

All good ballaholyk84 i can take it on the chin

be safe ride hard

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 at 9:11 Quote
This arrived today, can't wait to get it built up!

Evil Undead with Fox DHX RC4 Kashima

FL
Posted: Aug 30, 2013 at 7:44 Quote
best frame ever, with crack paint still the best, i rode DEMO with Ohlins shock, my girlfriend own at crankworx, and trust me UNDEAD ride even better, eat squared edge bumps like v-10, pedal like a glory and do corners like DEMo, i try a lots of bike frames but Undead is amazing, with 63 head angle you can find safe way to ride on steep tracks! heres a photo of my UNDEAD,

i have to say:

THANKS KEVIN and DW, you two did a good job!

[PI=8659999 size=h align=c]Frame: NEW Evil Undead
Shock: CCDB Air 9,5X3
Fork: Boxxer WC with Avy Cart.
Headset: Evil angleset
Handlebar: EnveDH carbon
Stem: Chromag DM
Seatpost: Enve carbon 30.9
Saddle: WTB Devo
Crankset: RaceFace SIcX carbon
Chainguide: carbon CSixx
Cassette: Sram 10sp
Chain: Sram 1097
Derraileur: Sram x0 2013
Shifter: Sram x0 2013
Pedal: Spank Spike
Brakes/F: Formula R0 2012 203mm
Brakes/R: Formula R0 2012 180mm
Shifter: Sram x0 10sp
Hubs: Hope EVO
Spokes: Dt Champion
Rims: carbon Enve DH
Tires/Front: Maxxis Minion UST
Rear: High Roller II 3c
tubes: Sunline DH 2.5
Weight: 15,296g[/PI]

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2013 at 14:26 Quote
Have any of you guys riden a new v10? I'm going to sell my tr450 at the end of season and its between an undead, a v10 and a wilson. I've pretty much eliminated the wilson after reading reviews and taking a run on one. It just doesnt pop like I want. I read vital's review and they said it was the perfect bike between poppy and plow, which is exactly what I want, something that will eat up the rough techy stuff, but still smash crabapple hits. The shop I deal with is raving about the new v10, they all came off 450's and m9's and they say the new v10 is were its at. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get my hands on an undead to test so I'm looking for some help. My only real concern is the size of the company, like stated in this thread, its one guy and replacement parts can take awhile. I know santa cruz will handle whatever, whenever so thats really my only concern. Should something go wrong, I'd be extremely bummed to be bikeless for a majority of the season.

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 at 14:53 Quote
I doubt you will find the v10 to be a poppy bike, I have been riding my v10 half carbon version since last year (exact same suspension). In 8.5 it is closer to a normal bike in getting of the ground but no way near poppy as many others and in 10 mode when you jump you first feel like the wheel has rebounded as far as it should only to realise it had further to extend. On a CCDB with 500 spring in 8.5 mode I can easily push down the saddle a fair bit, the v10 has a lot of initial leverage which makes it really plush at the top of its stroke so to get good pop you would have to run some crazy springs or crazy light rebound.

I does get of the ground if you want it to but in all fairness the v10 is a groundhugging speed machine. If you want a lievly ride look elswhere. This bike is not meant to kill A-line but tracks like MSA and VDS.

Had a few runs on buddys Undead and I can only agree with what others are saying. Feelt fantastic even though it wasnt setup for me by longshot. A bit to small for my taste but otherwise that would be one of the better bikes that is pretty dialed for every type of riding. Sad to say that the owner has also had somewhat similar experiences with the hardware on the Undead. Whereas my v10 is running strong on original bearings over two good and hard seasons, roughly 65 days in the park just this summer.

v10 in short: speedmachine and worry free.

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2013 at 15:14 Quote
That was my first thought. There is no way the v10 jumps but they all said after spending time dialing in the suspension that it jumped really well. Their comment was it jumped better than the 450. And good to hear about the v10 bad to hear about the undead. Longevity is a big concern of mine. I don't mind doing maintenance, my bike gets totally stripped down to repacking the frame bearings 2-3 times a year, but I don't want to be breaking things prematurely.

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 at 16:44 Quote
I'm not a DH'er, more of an aggro trail rider who owns a DH bike (so not a great jumper myself) and had no prob jumping my V10 in 8.5 travel mode (on the first and only day I've ridden it at a bikepark). It is a bike that likes to sag into its travel and stay stable there no matter how fast or steep it gets (which is awesome), so if you like your bikes really soft a V10 probly won't jump well for ya- but if you like to run your sussy spot-on/average, or on the stiff side of things pumping lips for airtime should be no prob.

@tpersons how tall are ya? My small V10 Carbon/AL frame is for sale, has one bikepark day on it... https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1408762/

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2013 at 17:37 Quote
I run my stuff on the stiff side. So thats good to hear. Just reading the review on vital the evil just sounds so good haha. I just like a bike that is a happy medium of low/fast and snappy. And I'm 6' 1" so I need a large for sure. Sorry man. I want to go full carbon anyways. I just got a carbon covert and the carbon is soooooo much stiffer its nuts, so I'm going full carbon.

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 at 18:00 Quote
You should be all good then. The V10 only knows how to to one thing, go faster... Haha, it's a sick bike, but so are the Undeads... I've parking lot ridden an Undead for what it's worth... In the words of the longtime pro rider and industry dude whose bike it was "best DH bike I've ridden, period."

I gotta find me another short mofo haha!

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2013 at 18:03 Quote
Thats what I keep hearing, best bike they've ever riden. Theres a guy on my local mountain with one and I tried to get him to let me take it for a ride but it was brand new. He said maybe at the end of summer, so hopefully I can get a few laps on one. I know I can get a v10, thats easy. Hopefully I can get my paws on an undead as well.

FL
Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 0:42 Quote
I wouldn't block out the Wilson yet. I have one and it jumps amazingly. A guy at the shop I bought it from bought one just for the park. The review on vital is accurate but the new ones all come with a CCDB which causes the bike the be much more lively. I can't comment on the other bikes as I haven't ridden them on a trail but I did ask rob from Dunbar his opinion (he raced compeditively one season on each bike) on the two and he said the evil is an good in a straight line but the wilson with its short chainstays handles better. If you are tall the XL evil undead is smaller than a large Wilson. I wanted an evil but they are too small for me and had to get the Wilson carbon.

Hope this helps.

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 8:19 Quote
Yea definitely helps. I like opinions from everyone. I thought the Wilson I rode had a crappy suspension set up lol. Maybe ill give it another try. It's just everything I've read is it stays ultra planted which I like, but I gotta have some jumping ability with it lol.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.124794
Mobile Version of Website