Best DH/FR bike for £2000

PB Forum :: Downhill
Best DH/FR bike for £2000
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 7:56 Quote
Hi guys,

I used to ride bikes an awful lot until I gave it up to pursue a career in tennis. However, in March 2012, I suffered a career ending ankle injury which meant I couldn't return to the sport. I'm currently on a gap year and I am skiing a season in whistler, bc, where I have just been giving the opportunity to stay for a few weeks in the summer. I don't want to be hiring a bike as I like to have my own and so as I've been out of the sport for a while, I'm looking for some advice on what to buy. I'm after a DH orientated bike that is good for whistler style riding and I have £2000 to spend. I would look at both new and used if it is a good deal. I can buy from the uk as I will be returning home in early April briefly so I can buy then!!

All suggestions are welcome, I'm just seeing what the general consensus is and if there are any clear favourites in that price bracket at the moment!!

Thanks,
Chris

FL
Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 8:26 Quote
New? They were doing norco aurum full builds for a dead £2000 not so long ago...

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 8:46 Quote
Was going to say aurum. Could see what there is around the 180mm travel fork bikes like a tr250. Stoked on you riding again!

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 9:50 Quote
bigbluebike wrote:
New? They were doing norco aurum full builds for a dead £2000 not so long ago...

Joe Mallinson recommended the aurum so I've got my eyes on it. I'm not sure I'd buy one new though as the aurum 2 2013 is £2100 and the spec on it isnt as good as last years aurum 2. You can pick up last years in decent condition for about £1400 second hand

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 9:51 Quote
Cusalabanjura wrote:
Summum all day

The frames are so expensive though that to get a full build for £2000, the componentry is a bit shoddy or not in great condition

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 10:51 Quote
I would have said a Norco Aurum. Norco been around a while and the bike looks tidy!

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 11:59 Quote
i would say a bright orange sx trail with a really old 5th element shock

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 12:25 Quote
wow i didnt know the aurum was below 2k.. i LOVE that bike
otherwise the specialized status is great

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 4:51 Quote
I'd agree with a specialized status. Cheap, durable frame that works well and you can build it up nicely with the cash you'll have left.

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 10:20 Quote
I'm thinking if I want a bike that I can use out here but also when I get home, a full 8" of travel might not be ideal. What are people's thoughts on the enduro?
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/enduro-fsr-evo-2013-mountain-bike-ec042226

FL
Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 10:53 Quote
if you're in whistler, buy a downhill bike. can always sell it when you get back

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 15:24 Quote
bigbluebike wrote:
if you're in whistler, buy a downhill bike. can always sell it when you get back
nindeed.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013428
Mobile Version of Website