Can any one lead me in the direction of a dirt jump building DIY?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Can any one lead me in the direction of a dirt jump building DIY?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 27, 2013 at 10:12 Quote
Looking to build some dirt jumps with a raised platform starting point. I have access to a tractor, tools, building supplies. Any input would be appreciated.

Pretty much info about how to build the jump itself. Distance between jumps. How high my starting platform should be in relation to jump size/height.

Thanks

Posted: Feb 27, 2013 at 10:15 Quote
Nezart wrote:
Looking to build some dirt jumps with a raised platform starting point. I have access to a tractor, tools, building supplies. Any input would be appreciated.

Pretty much info about how to build the jump itself. Distance between jumps. How high my starting platform should be in relation to jump size/height.

Thanks

What are your abilities? what jumps have you done before? how much room have you got?

Posted: Feb 27, 2013 at 10:36 Quote
ryanme wrote:
Nezart wrote:

Thanks

What are your abilities? what jumps have you done before? how much room have you got?

I have to go and measure again but I think I have about 250ft. I don't have much dirt jump experience at all. But I have a lot of experience riding DH in Whistler. Easily hitting all the jumps on Dirt Merchant and Aline which are the "expert runs". haha

Posted: Feb 27, 2013 at 13:22 Quote
Nezart wrote:
ryanme wrote:
Nezart wrote:

Thanks

I have to go and measure again but I think I have about 250ft. I don't have much dirt jump experience at all. But I have a lot of experience riding DH in Whistler. Easily hitting all the jumps on Dirt Merchant and Aline which are the "expert runs". haha

start off with a 5/6 foot roll in, then just build what ever size you feel happy with, the more work you put in the bigger you go and keep growing up your jumps

Posted: Mar 1, 2013 at 11:56 Quote
Maby build a tabletop jump first as you wont have to worry about the gap and i found was good to learn how to jump on. I just built my jumps with logs at the base and dirt on top then shape the jump as you go. Dont no if this is the proper way, but it worked for me.

Posted: Mar 3, 2013 at 7:40 Quote
Note this thread on roll-ins I created.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f61/roll-ins-228191/

In my experience, 5' or 6 foot is not tall enough for a decent roll-in if you expect it to generate speed to hit a decent sized jump without additional pedaling. It really need to be 8 minimum and preferably 10-12' tall. Check out the examples in the thread.

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 15:12 Quote
awesome I'll check these threads out. thanks!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009512
Mobile Version of Website