RS Lyrik U-Turn creeping

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
RS Lyrik U-Turn creeping
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 at 6:22 Quote
Brand new. 2012 Rock Shox Lyrik. While riding the U-Turn knob turns. You can bounce the fork and watch it happen. Fire the bike through a rock garden at speed and she will wind all the way down to 115mm. No obvious issues with the detents for the knob. Any ideas? Im going to call Rock Shox today but I was wondering if anyone has had this issue. I have a Pike fork that never has done this.

Posted: May 11, 2013 at 23:30 Quote
DARKSTAR63 wrote:
Brand new. 2012 Rock Shox Lyrik. While riding the U-Turn knob turns. You can bounce the fork and watch it happen. Fire the bike through a rock garden at speed and she will wind all the way down to 115mm. No obvious issues with the detents for the knob. Any ideas? Im going to call Rock Shox today but I was wondering if anyone has had this issue. I have a Pike fork that never has done this.

Having a similar issue with my Pike. Seems you can add more springs and detents to keep that from happening: http://forums.mtbr.com/all-mountain/rockshox-pike-question-643215.html.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2013 at 6:50 Quote
Yeah, It's funny I actually have a Pike that I don't use so I thought to grab the detents and springs out of it and add them. I rode it that way and it was better but still happening. So I took the whole top cap and spring out of the fork and found that there was actually just way too much grease packed in there. I don't know if that was the issue or not but I cleaned it up a bit (still plenty of grease) and then put it back together and have not had issues since. I did keep the extra detents in there btw.

Posted: May 12, 2013 at 22:56 Quote
I took the cap off of mine and found that the bearings had rolled off into the empty holes. So there was no "notches" or whatever to even slow the turning down. Good to see that it worked for you as well.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010533
Mobile Version of Website