What is Your Reason for Riding?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What is Your Reason for Riding?
Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 22:42 Quote
i ride because its fun as hell, and its better than being a gamer

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 23:21 Quote
i ride because i love it for many reasons, first and foremost because it is fun. because its always on my mind in some form or another. because bikes are so cool. because it keeps me in shape. because of the satisfaction of progressing. because of the whole environment and identification. because everything about bikes is awesome!!!!

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 16:25 Quote
transitionTOP wrote:
I bike because i LOVE IT!!!!!! To me biking is not something i do cuz im bored...It
isnt about money or fame or being trendy. Biking owns my soul....its really
about being a dirtbag......pinning that line that was to steep....hitting that air that was too big....eating shit really hard and keeling over in pain.....breaking your Bottom Bracket so many times you lost count......riding until your legs are on fire.......breathing in that cool mountain air in the morning.....chilling at the skate park with all your friends having a cold one........playing BIKE and forgetting who has what letter.........Building DJs for days and days only to get them destroyed the first day it stops raining. Because theres always a mix of good and bad .........broken parts and new ones....its about taking the reflectors out of your spokes....its about not caring how much my bike weighs because i can still lift that baby off of the ground.......its about watching ROAM and knowing were all connected in some small strange way.......its about watching NWD 7 and thinking maybe....just maybe one day ill be able to do perfect tailwhips .....
Biking is about forgetting how you got which scar.....its about arguing with other PB users until 2 in the morning....its about wishing i had a bike for everyday of the week.....its about riding my treads until there almost bald.......its about snapping my replacable derailler hanger in my rear wheel .....its about not knowing how to bleed brakes.....its about finally knowing how to lace up a quality wheel.......Riding bikes makes me humble....it makes me realize how lucky we are to live in a modern world with technology.......its about spending more money on my bike than ive spent on my truck.........its about being able to get out there and just let loose and forget the rest of the world if only for a little while......if you actually read this then i think you know what biking means to me.....and to most of us.

God Bless the Bicycle.Cry

dude...that was the best post yet. AWESOME!!! thats pretty much what I wanted to say but didn't want to take the time. Thanks! lol.

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 0:14 Quote
Freedom is the main reason for me!

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 0:30 Quote
bombtrack wrote:
The day i get to the bottom of the run and i'm not grinnin will be the day i give my bike away.
Can I call dibs? We all have our bad days eventually Confused
For me? It's out in nature, it's exercise, it's challenging, it's fast, it's buttloads of fun, it's something you can do with friends.... You can travel to ride, or you can ride around the block. You can do it rain or sun or snow. You can ride a ten thousand dollar bike or one that costs $150. There are no rules to biking (just a code of ethics). You can do a ten minute ride, or a 10 hour ride.
I could go on forever, but now it's time to sleep.....

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 9:37 Quote
Even on an off day i still get to the bottom of the run with a grin. To quote a good friend: " Mountain bikes are the shit!!!!"

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 10:02 Quote
That feeling when you're riding as good as someone thats usually far better than you.

Or, what happened to me today. I went down to the jumps in the pouring rain. My hands were completely frozen. Then, a strange thing happened. I got to the top of the run in and started laughing. That was when I suddenly realised that even in the pouring rain, by myself, middle of winter, theres nothing I'd rather be doing.

Riding is my life, I couldn't ask for anymore.

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 10:06 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
to jump
woodchip jump 4 inches off the ground, right blake? haha, u buttpirate.Moon Pirate

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 10:09 Quote
I love the Mountains. I love the solitude it brings, where one can find themselves. What better way to experience it, than on two wheels?

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 10:11 Quote
Because its an addiction and because the season is so short and its so expensive it makes it even more exiting and once you ride downhill you always wants more right now at this moment i imagine back in bromont last summer on trail 7 thrasing my bike around like there is no tomorrow

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 12:07 Quote
its funny when you read a thread where so many of the posts describe exactly the logic or feelings you have towards what is being discussed. so many good descriptions here. and no squabbling!?! so nice. i met my wife through riding, we left our families and moved to the rocky mountains for riding, theres nothing i enjoy more then riding. whats more, i get to make art dedicated to riding- i teach visual arts for a living(3 months vacation a year= more riding) and i airbrush helmets for biking, motorcycles etc. i also get to make art in the form of bike trails, which more people enjoy then the typical crap i used to put in galleries, and it is a creative, pragmatic outlet for me and my crew of friends to build and enjoy once they are completed.
ed norton(?) described in the movie fight club how good it felt to be in fight club-living for the moment etc. and how when he wasn't fighting all he thought about was fighting, and how the volume on everything else in his life was lower because he didnt care so much about trivial crap anymore, because he had fight club. well biking is my fight club- without punching anyone in the head, or any of the crazy vandalism.

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 12:09 Quote
obee1 wrote:
its funny when you read a thread where so many of the posts describe exactly the logic or feelings you have towards what is being discussed. so many good descriptions here. and no squabbling!?! so nice. i met my wife through riding, we left our families and moved to the rocky mountains for riding, theres nothing i enjoy more then riding. whats more, i get to make art dedicated to riding- i teach visual arts for a living(3 months vacation a year= more riding) and i airbrush helmets for biking, motorcycles etc. i also get to make art in the form of bike trails, which more people enjoy then the typical crap i used to put in galleries, and it is a creative, pragmatic outlet for me and my crew of friends to build and enjoy once they are completed.
ed norton(?) described in the movie fight club how good it felt to be in fight club-living for the moment etc. and how when he wasn't fighting all he thought about was fighting, and how the volume on everything else in his life was lower because he didnt care so much about trivial crap anymore, because he had fight club. well biking is my fight club- without punching anyone in the head, or any of the crazy vandalism.

I hope to that someday, find myself a girl that will ride with me, and move to the Sierra's.

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 12:53 Quote
good story lucky guy i dream of the day my wife would say i wish to ride a bike just for once bouah im fooling myself
its a guy thing i rather ride with my buddy and coworker its me reason to get away from it all

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009606
Mobile Version of Website