Flats or Clipped?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Flats or Clipped?
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
i really wana no why everybody hades 50/50's they are used by loads of pro's and look ace with loads of pins for grip so why the grudge???

Well I got mine on a bike, and the plates came loose all the time and pins came out too easily. Jut were basically a pain in the ass.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 15:46 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
dhpete93 wrote:
i really wana no why everybody hades 50/50's they are used by loads of pro's and look ace with loads of pins for grip so why the grudge???

Well I got mine on a bike, and the plates came loose all the time and pins came out too easily. Jut were basically a pain in the ass.
yeh thats what i thaught why dont tey just make them 1 peice anyway?

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 15:52 Quote
i ride DH with flats all the time because it's saver and faster to get your'e foot off the pedals of someting goes wrong.But i will try riding with SPD's some day but i need to get use to it.But riding with SPD Cross Country is no problem and i can't ride with out them.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
clips in some trials because you can control the bike better in jumps and in the turns and is better for pedaling if you can see steve peat uses crank brothers mallet in some trials and in others uses crank brothers 5050 but if you are a begginer is better a flat because you will take aut your foots in the turns

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 5:41 Quote
??????????
-nate- wrote:
I use the search function.

nate

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 9:03 Quote
defo flats. easier to bail. i'd forget to twist my foot to release and i'd die.Smile Whip lol.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 9:05 Quote
yep flats all the way just get really grippy ones unless u wana die with clips

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 14:16 Quote
Started on SPDs, couldn't get my head round using flats. Now running flats and can't get my head round going back to SPDs. Having run both, reckon SPDs are a lot faster - just remember to unclip BEFORE you go over the bars!!

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
have u guys seen sanjay the guy who takes crazy lines and hees stil clipped in when his arm is burried in dirt at 80kmh and his fingers are still on the brakes and his fork is half burried its intense

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 14:33 Quote
nishnash wrote:
have u guys seen sanjay the guy who takes crazy lines and hees stil clipped in when his arm is burried in dirt at 80kmh and his fingers are still on the brakes and his fork is half burried its intense

sanjay shanhbag, the sort of semi-pro dher?

worst sentence structure ever.

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 14:53 Quote
ya that guy and im realllly bad at english(like the subject)

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 at 5:55 Quote
clips your way faster your feet dont get knocked off and it makes you way smoother

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 at 14:18 Quote
Use flats to gain experience and then progress onto spds.

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 at 14:29 Quote
aiston wrote:
yep flats all the way just get really grippy ones unless u wana die with clips

You are clueless. And this thread kinda needs locking, it's about 10 pages of "FlAtS aRe So MuCh BeTtEr CoS u DoNt DiE" versus a well structured argument on SPD side. Look through, almost everyone who says clips has made a hell better argument and most of the people who are riding flats have never even tried clips. This thread needs to go away now, it's a never ending argument between n00bs and angry spd riders like me.

but rant over, spd's are better and there is no way about it. I can get my foot off better than you could for a drift turn because clips slide sideways out, with flats you'd have to move your foot up, across and then back down. You can get like 70% more pedal efficiancy (sp?) and jumping step-ups and such is much much much easier because you can lift with hands and feet. SPD's are the way, no going around it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022947
Mobile Version of Website