ColoRADo DH riders

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
ColoRADo DH riders
O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
Keystone isn't opening a bunch of the good trails this year.

"some of the bike park’s traditional trails will not open this year, but may open again in future years. That includes TNT, Logger’s Way, High Speed Dirt and Jam Rock."

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/keystone-bike-park-returns-along-with-the-resorts-summer-open-this-week/

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 15:49 Quote
@Kitejumping thanks for the info!

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 18:03 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
Keystone isn't opening a bunch of the good trails this year.

"some of the bike park’s traditional trails will not open this year, but may open again in future years. That includes TNT, Logger’s Way, High Speed Dirt and Jam Rock."

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/keystone-bike-park-returns-along-with-the-resorts-summer-open-this-week/

WTF

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 7:17 Quote
Selling a BME Winter Park race entry - $125. Send me a message if interested

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 16:39 Quote
anyone ever been to snowmass? looks like some fun riding.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 19:32 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:
Hey guys I thought I asked this question a year or two ago?
Question: rate Colorado bike parks in order
1 being best,2=second best,so on and so forth.I know everyone's choice is different,but looking to take a road trip and looking at some resort trail maps and liking some maps and not liking others.
trestle,keystone,snowmass,powderhorn,crested butte,telluride,steamboat,vail,granby,etc...
all mountauin riding:flowy,free-ride,dhruns,berms,jumps,structures,etc...easy lift access,easy village shopping(eat,drink,etc..)

Go ride em and find out….

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 21:34 Quote
KK11 wrote:
wrenchman117 wrote:
1 being best,2=second best,so on and so forth.I know everyone's choice is different,but looking to take a road trip and looking at some resort trail maps and liking some maps and not liking others.
trestle,keystone,snowmass,powderhorn,crested butte,telluride,steamboat,vail,granby,etc...
all mountauin riding:flowy,free-ride,dhruns,berms,jumps,structures,etc...easy lift access,easy village shopping(eat,drink,etc..)

Damn someone over here with the REALLY helpful answers Rolleyes

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 10:14 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:

Snow mass is fun. I raced DH at a mountain states cup there a while back. Definitely worth it. There also was an EWS held there 4-5 years ago.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
snowmass is a fun mountain. not crowded lots of vert. and a good mix of trails. I haven't ridden it in a couple seasons but I know they added 3-4 new trails recently

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 16:48 Quote
[Quote="a-prince"]
wrenchman117 wrote:

Snow mass is fun. I raced DH at a mountain states cup there a while back. Definitely worth it. There also was an EWS held there 4-5 years ago.[/Quote
Awesome! Thanks for that info.! been looking at vids on that place.it does look kinda exciting! when did that park open up?

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 16:49 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
KK11 wrote:
wrenchman117 wrote:

Damn someone over here with the REALLY helpful answers Rolleyes
lol

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 18:12 Quote
Snowmass vs Granby vs Keystone?
Sorry guys for all the questions. I just wish we would have a dedicated Colorado DH/BIKE park website.for real wheel time experience.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 19:01 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:
Snowmass vs Granby vs Keystone?
Sorry guys for all the questions. I just wish we would have a dedicated Colorado DH/BIKE park website.for real wheel time experience.

Forget Granby..

Keystone is not as terrific this year as it used to be.

Snowmass is fun

Biased to Trestle…..

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 19:06 Quote
Not sure how Granby is as of late but I raced there back in 2009 for the national champs. I love it! They have since added a lot of trails. Not a huge amount of vert and not too many flow trails. Lots of chunk.

I’ve also raced Keystone. It’s another chunky place with more old school trails. Some awkward switch backs, but overall fun too.

Out of the three you mentioned I would lean towards Snowmass. You really can’t go wrong with bike parks. They are all fun.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 21:14 Quote
of the 3 you mentioned, snowmass definitely. keystone is ok granby is ok but very limited.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012856
Mobile Version of Website