Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 4:03 Quote
Have you guys checked out the CaneCreek base tunes: http://www.canecreek.com/products/suspension/dbinline/base-tunes? Check the Spectral AL 2015 for the settings CaneCreek recommends on this bike.

Good luck! Great shock when you set it up right.

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 4:41 Quote
Just got an email saying my strive is being assembled!

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 4:45 Quote
maartenv wrote:
Have you guys checked out the CaneCreek base tunes: http://www.canecreek.com/products/suspension/dbinline/base-tunes? Check the Spectral AL 2015 for the settings CaneCreek recommends on this bike.

Yeah I had a look on there. We just gotta wait for a base tune to come out for the Strive AL & CF. They vary so much that I don't think you could really use a Spectral tune on a Strive for example.

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 5:44 Quote
priest55 wrote:
maartenv wrote:

Yeah I had a look on there. We just gotta wait for a base tune to come out for the Strive AL & CF. They vary so much that I don't think you could really use a Spectral tune on a Strive for example.

Sorry, assumed you both had Spectrals. Strive CF 2015 is however also available! I assume the Strive CF and AL do not differ much regarding shock tuning.

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 6:44 Quote
maartenv wrote:

I didn't really like the recomended settings, I've found other settings on the cane creek forums which I'm playing around with at the moment, so far so good though

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 7:49 Quote
maartenv wrote:
priest55 wrote:
maartenv wrote:

Sorry, assumed you both had Spectrals. Strive CF 2015 is however also available! I assume the Strive CF and AL do not differ much regarding shock tuning.

I'm gonna go try out these neutral settings i've got now for my Strive AL then try out the base tune for the Strive CF and see what difference it makes. I'm riding urban so i'll be hitting stair cases and drop offs etc.

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 9:35 Quote
Hi All, I've got a 2012 frx dropzone and am in the process of upgrading brakes to Zee with 203 rotors. I've changed the rear post to post adapter from Avid 200mm to shimano 203mm as the Zee caliber wouldn't sit in the avid adapter properly. The caliber now seems to be sitting too high and only gripping about half of the disc braking surface!

Has anyone got any idea of what size adapter I should be using? Or is there something else I'm missing. I thought it would be a straightforward job so am sure there's a simple solution.

Cheers!

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 9:54 Quote
priest55 wrote:
maartenv wrote:
priest55 wrote:

I'm gonna go try out these neutral settings i've got now for my Strive AL then try out the base tune for the Strive CF and see what difference it makes. I'm riding urban so i'll be hitting stair cases and drop offs etc.

So i'm back from my urban shred and meddling with the rear shock settings and can reliably report that I still have no f*cking clue what does what and if it's making any difference whatsoever

Fantastic then

Posted: Feb 23, 2015 at 14:53 Quote
Have anybody else's strives arrived yet?

Posted: Feb 23, 2015 at 23:37 Quote
Still waiting.....apparently it might be shipped this week.
jwh1 wrote:
Have anybody else's strives arrived yet?

Posted: Feb 23, 2015 at 23:50 Quote
Mine is due to be shipped next week,

just had an email from canyon as they tried to charge my bank account for another order I cancelled weeks ago, the transaction was declined by my bank but still not good. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Posted: Feb 24, 2015 at 4:47 Quote
Mine arrived today after a few 'small' issues with the delivery. My UPS tracking page was showing it had been delivered and signed for but it wasn't at my house. After a phone call to UPS it turned out they had decided they would leave it at my LBS's warehouse! Anyway, UPS have now picked it up and delivered it to my house.

Posted: Feb 24, 2015 at 10:06 Quote
Still nothing today.............Madder Madder
jakebeach1996 wrote:
Mine arrived today after a few 'small' issues with the delivery. My UPS tracking page was showing it had been delivered and signed for but it wasn't at my house. After a phone call to UPS it turned out they had decided they would leave it at my LBS's warehouse! Anyway, UPS have now picked it up and delivered it to my house.

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 12:57 Quote
Arrived today......not had a proper ride on it yet which is good as I need to change those horrible Crossmax tyres for some decent German rubber.

photo

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 0:29 Quote
AdamBartonUK wrote:
Arrived today......not had a proper ride on it yet which is good as I need to change those horrible Crossmax tyres for some decent German rubber.

photo

Now that's a beautiful bike..tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017186
Mobile Version of Website