Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Mar 6, 2015 at 8:30 Quote
Is the canyon dhx 2014 trackflip adjustable in 63 and 64 degrees or 64 and 65? I'm not quite sure...

Posted: Mar 7, 2015 at 14:09 Quote
photo

Here's my Strive! Fitted an Invisiframe kit today.

Posted: Mar 9, 2015 at 2:57 Quote
jakebeach1996 wrote:
photo

I guess the the picture is from before you fitted the kit?
Did you go for the matte or gloss finish?
My Strive CF is arriving in a few weeks and I'm thinking of getting the same kit and I think the matte finish would look best since the frame appears to be semi matte

Posted: Mar 9, 2015 at 3:53 Quote
ohm78 wrote:
jakebeach1996 wrote:
photo

My Strive CF is arriving in a few weeks and I'm thinking of getting the same kit and I think the matte finish would look best since the frame appears to be semi matte

No, with the kit. It is a matte one, hardly shows up unless you look at it close up

Posted: Mar 9, 2015 at 4:41 Quote
Looks good, I haven't installed mine yet
jakebeach1996 wrote:
ohm78 wrote:
jakebeach1996 wrote:
photo

No, with the kit. It is a matte one, hardly shows up unless you look at it close up

Posted: Mar 9, 2015 at 4:46 Quote
AdamBartonUK wrote:
jakebeach1996 wrote:
ohm78 wrote:

Are the kits easy to install without blemishes/ bubbles?

Posted: Mar 9, 2015 at 5:05 Quote
jwh1 wrote:
AdamBartonUK wrote:
jakebeach1996 wrote:

Are the kits easy to install without blemishes/ bubbles?

I just ordered mine now, hopefully it will arrive before the bike. It will take som self discipline to wait with riding it until i get the protection fitted but I think it'll be worth it. I'm going to follow the advice from this review http://factoryjackson.com/2013/04/24/review-invisi-frame-bike-protection/

Posted: Mar 9, 2015 at 6:11 Quote
Take your time on it. It took about 4 hours to do. The kit goes on easier than I thought but you've got to spend time trying to get all the bubbles out. I found it easier to get the smaller ones out using my fingers rather than the tool provided.

Also make sure you put the downtube on the right way as I found it fits nicely the other way!

Posted: Mar 9, 2015 at 6:19 Quote
Yes I had my downtube piece fitted wrong first Redface It's worth looking at all the pictures of the kit fitted to the bike on the invisframe site as this helps with this.

Best tip I have is keep your fingers wet and I too used fingers to get ride of small bubbles rather than the squidgy provided.

jakebeach1996 wrote:
Take your time on it. It took about 4 hours to do. The kit goes on easier than I thought but you've got to spend time trying to get all the bubbles out. I found it easier to get the smaller ones out using my fingers rather than the tool provided.

Also make sure you put the downtube on the right way as I found it fits nicely the other way!

Posted: Mar 9, 2015 at 7:40 Quote
photo

My Strive CF 8.0 Race in size medium arrived today.

Posted: Mar 9, 2015 at 15:24 Quote
Advice needed from Strive owners! I'm getting a new bike and it's a Strive or a YT Capra.....full disclosure, I've asked for some advice on the Capra owners forum thread too!

I guess what I'm really interested in is how much of a difference the shapeshifter actually makes, I've read loads about it and understand it all fully but what does it actually translate to on the trail? For example, I obviously get that the DH setting will rip on the downs but how do you find the bike on slow techy climbs, or on pedally singletrack? The Capra sounds like it climbs well, but I'm a little worried it'll be sluggish on singletrack etc wheras the Strive might be more fun? If anyone here was considering the Capra I'd be interested to know why you choose the Strive?

Thanks in advance! I currently ride a 26" SC Heckler if that helps.

Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 3:44 Quote
elasto wrote:
photo

My Strive CF 8.0 Race in size medium arrived today.

How tall are you? does medium seem right for you in the race geometry?
I also ordered a medium even though at 182 cm the Canyon frame calculator recommended a Large size frame. My reasoning is that even the medium frame has 2cm longer top tube than my current bike (SC Nomad Carbon, size L) and that doesn't feel too short.
If I'd gone for the standard geometry the calculator still wanted me on a large size frame, even though it's actually shorter in both top tube and reach than a medium race frame

Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 6:24 Quote
I'm looking to sell the brand new SRAM roam 40 wheels and monarch plus rct3 off my new strive that arrives next week (was meant to arrive this week!) send me a message if you would be interested Smile

Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 6:25 Quote
jwh1 wrote:
I'm looking to sell the brand new SRAM roam 40 wheels and monarch plus rct3 off my new strive that arrives next week (was meant to arrive this week!) send me a message if you would be interested Smile

How come your changing the shock?

Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 6:30 Quote
I fancy trying a cane creek, always wanted one and I have used RS monarchs before Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016733
Mobile Version of Website