Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 12:41 Quote
My 2014 Strive with the Float X I just fitted:
photo
Will post full pics once I've taken care of a few other upgrades (waiting for a RF Turbine Cinch 30T crankset to go with the 42 WT and some Fox Heritage Cyan Blue Decals)

Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 13:24 Quote
davidfregoli wrote:
My 2014 Strive with the Float X I just fitted:
photo
Will post full pics once I've taken care of a few other upgrades (waiting for a RF Turbine Cinch 30T crankset to go with the 42 WT and some Fox Heritage Cyan Blue Decals)

Come caxxo si mettono le foto in questo forum ?

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 1:42 Quote
Last's week ride! Smile

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 10:12 Quote
hi, i have a strive es 8 2013 and im thinking of buying the strive al 7 2015,the new strive has 170 mm travel forks, the 2013 has 160mm which can be adjusted down 40mm for climbing. i found this very handy on some of the steeper climbs. im a bit worried that im gonna buy a bike that i'll struggle on climbs with the front wheel lifting. thoughts on this anyone???

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 11:36 Quote
colin-h wrote:
hi, i have a strive es 8 2013 and im thinking of buying the strive al 7 2015,the new strive has 170 mm travel forks, the 2013 has 160mm which can be adjusted down 40mm for climbing. i found this very handy on some of the steeper climbs. im a bit worried that im gonna buy a bike that i'll struggle on climbs with the front wheel lifting. thoughts on this anyone???

The AL 7 is 160mm, its the Fox equipped bikes that are 170. I would think that you will be fine, the whole point of the new Strive is that it's a good climber when it is set to the climb position.

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 11:59 Quote
the al 7 does have the fox 170s on it, this is the bike i'm thinking about, its just that it will be 30mm higher at the front.im sure it will be a good climber but wanted confirmation from someone who has a strive

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 12:55 Quote
canyon are really starting to do my head in emailed over 2 weeks ago told the part I was after was out of stock even that wasn't the part I was after they don't even answer the bloody phone not like im even after a warranty part I want to buy it was my fault I crashed it

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 22:31 Quote
mrcoley wrote:
canyon are really starting to do my head in emailed over 2 weeks ago told the part I was after was out of stock even that wasn't the part I was after they don't even answer the bloody phone not like im even after a warranty part I want to buy it was my fault I crashed it
what part are you looking for?

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 2:59 Quote
colin-h wrote:
mrcoley wrote:

I have had a nightmare with them too, my strive has been paid for two months and is now 6weeks past the delivery date. I also have a canyon road bike which cracked through both chainsttays and a seat stay, canyon said it could take up to 3 months to resolve the issue. So I have paid for a top spec mtb and a top spec road bike but still cannot get out on a ride as there are issues with both!

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 4:52 Quote
jwh1 wrote:
colin-h wrote:
mrcoley wrote:

I have had a nightmare with them too, my strive has been paid for two months and is now 6weeks past the delivery date. I also have a canyon road bike which cracked through both chainsttays and a seat stay, canyon said it could take up to 3 months to resolve the issue. So I have paid for a top spec mtb and a top spec road bike but still cannot get out on a ride as there are issues with both!

Crap...I thought the 3 months turnaround was just a Canyon Italy thing. Was that an Ultimate cf slx you've cracked ? Holy crap what's your weight dude ? Looks like I'm gonna keep my 2015 Tarmac another season until Canyon sort these cracked frame issues.
Touching wood I'm really enjoying my 2015 Spectral 29er and not a single glitch so far...

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 5:03 Quote
jwh1 wrote:

I know I've probably asked this before, but what one have you ordered? My strive left in its dispatch week in february and the money was taken the day it left.

Canyon have always been really good to me, respond quick to emails and I emailed them on monday about shapeshifter problems and they have responded saying they will get it sorted with canyon in Germany asap

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 5:08 Quote
jwh1 wrote:
colin-h wrote:
mrcoley wrote:

Change your order to paying with Creditcard. You will get your money back and the creditcard will only be charged when the bike actually leaves the factory.

Shame about your roadbike.

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 6:58 Quote
I weigh 81kgs and the bike was a strive cf 8.0 race.

I'm not a particularly heavy rider and it was pretty scary to see my road bike almost completely split in half!

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 9:08 Quote
colin-h wrote:
mrcoley wrote:

Ive bent my rear stay on the drive side they replaced my cracked chainstay last year on warranty this is on a 2014 spectral al6

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 10:12 Quote
photo
this is the damage as a result of this crash about to happen in the background
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021017
Mobile Version of Website