Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 21:15 Quote
I used the one up lever. I wasn't sure about it at first as it took me little while to get it positioned into a comfortable spot on the bar but since then it has been excellent.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 1:00 Quote
Hi everyone!
I just ordered a 2019 Strive cf 6. While awaiting for the shipment, I was wondering if my bike rack is compatible with the new Strive. I actually own a Thule Proride 598, which has a clamp for the down tube equipped with a torque limiter (so it should be compatible with carbon frames). it should work fine with the Strive, but I've seen that there is not so much space for the clamp at the bottom end of the down tube, due to the rear shock piggyback. Do anyone had any experience with this, or other kind of roof-mounted bike racks?

Thank you guys ;-)

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 3:43 Quote
Anyone have any thoughts on

2019 rockshox super deluxe rct compared to the 2020 super deluxe select r

And

2019 lyrik rc compared to 2020 lyrik select

Cheers

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 5:51 Quote
bike4play wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts on

2019 rockshox super deluxe rct compared to the 2020 super deluxe select r

And

2019 lyrik rc compared to 2020 lyrik select

Cheers

1. Do you care about lockout? Controlling compression in open mode? Get the RCT. They will perform identically/too close to tell.

2. Exactly the same.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 7:30 Quote
Is there any reason it wouldn't be ok to flip the rear shock on the'19 strive to make rebound adjustments easier with the super delux? Clearance issues maybe

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 14:01 Quote
Jttr-azmtb wrote:
Is there any reason it wouldn't be ok to flip the rear shock on the'19 strive to make rebound adjustments easier with the super delux? Clearance issues maybe
Can't run a water bottle if you do
Also changes which end the bearing mount is in

Posted: Jan 31, 2020 at 18:33 Quote
Jttr-azmtb wrote:

I've done this and it certainly makes the adjustment possible. You need the strive shock tool from Canyon before you start loosening any bolts. I don't use a bottle but I've heard that you can fit on of the those jazzy magnetic bottle systems.

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
Hi all!

Im planning to order new bike and I think to go with canyon spectral al 6.0 (-20). Most of the time I ride local trails and sometimes in bikeparks. Im 180cm and inseam ~84cm, is there any chance to go with M size ? I hope my next bike is a little bit more "playful" than the last one. Last bike was nukeproof scout 290 L size.
Thanks!

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 2:40 Quote
I'm 176cm with 80cm inside leg and i'm on a medium, doesn't feel big for me. Depends how you like your bikes to feel. With your size, it will feel more playful in a Medium. But i think personally it will feel to small

Im planning to order new bike and I think to go with canyon spectral al 6.0 (-20). Most of the time I ride local trails and sometimes in bikeparks. Im 180cm and inseam ~84cm, is there any chance to go with M size ? I hope my next bike is a little bit more "playful" than the last one. Last bike was nukeproof scout 290 L size.
Thanks![/Quote]

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 8:02 Quote
Anyone ever made a tool to replace Canyon Strive Press Tool to take the rearshock out? If so could you give me the specifications Smile !

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 10:54 Quote
Pietko wrote:
Anyone ever made a tool to replace Canyon Strive Press Tool to take the rearshock out? If so could you give me the specifications Smile !

Yep. It was a copper tube, threaded rod, two nuts and a bunch of washers

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 14:34 Quote
19andrea87 wrote:
Hi everyone!
I just ordered a 2019 Strive cf 6. While awaiting for the shipment, I was wondering if my bike rack is compatible with the new Strive. I actually own a Thule Proride 598, which has a clamp for the down tube equipped with a torque limiter (so it should be compatible with carbon frames). it should work fine with the Strive, but I've seen that there is not so much space for the clamp at the bottom end of the down tube, due to the rear shock piggyback. Do anyone had any experience with this, or other kind of roof-mounted bike racks?

Thank you guys ;-)

Yeah dude it works. It doesn't sit exactly how it's supposed to as the shocks piggyback gets in the way but it's fine.
I padded my clamp extra using tennis over grip to be safe.
Slightly off topic but I also replaced the plastic straps with grunt straps which were about 5 bucks for the two, which are a. Significantly more secure and b. Feed through and wrap around the bottom of the rack, meaning the wheels are secured to the rack itself instead of just the plastic wheel holders.

Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 10:47 Quote
hello dear canyoneers,

Does anyone know what size the bushings should i buy for the torque cf shock ?

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 5:49 Quote
Without me traveling through all the posts, does anyone know the max rim width I could use on a 2017 strive cf? I’ll typically be using maxxis dhr’s.

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
I have cleared a shorty 2.5wt on a 30mm. I've seen a dhr2 2.4 on a 35mm clear fine on another strive. Both were ALU, don't know if that makes a difference.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017535
Mobile Version of Website