Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jun 18, 2023 at 14:54 Quote
JustGiverBud wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:
cables between the two triangles often creaks.

is there a way to fix this or is it just something I gotta live with?

You gotta take it apart and move the cables so they settle. I could get mine 100% quiet - so I actually applied grease to the cables where they were binding. Will check in a few weeks if that causes any wear.

Posted: Jun 18, 2023 at 14:56 Quote
m3hl wrote:
JustGiverBud wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:

You gotta take it apart and move the cables so they settle. I could get mine 100% quiet - so I actually applied grease to the cables where they were binding. Will check in a few weeks if that causes any wear.

Thank you dude. I appreciate it.

Posted: Jun 18, 2023 at 15:53 Quote
both, its a common issue on the spectral aswell as they are same design.

Put some teflon or any other long last lube on them and then make a cover from slapper tape etc to keep dust out, usally needs a lube once every 6 months or longer so.

Posted: Jun 19, 2023 at 4:18 Quote
JustGiverBud wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:

Usually just a case of pulling the cables through a little as they get ragged around in packing so sometimes taught on the BB. Just pull them through and make sure they is slack either end. If it’s anything like the Spectral also put some frame protection at the bottom of the BB for cable rub

Posted: Jun 21, 2023 at 8:45 Quote
m3hl wrote:
Just got this together. Had the fork and shock, and now its pretty much a (practcal) dream build. Unbelievably cheap on this last sale. Also changed to a 30t, Renthal cockpit, Ergon Ti saddle, and a few small things.

After one ride it had CRAZY cable binding and creaked like crazy. I moved them around and now its better, but still a weird design behind the BB. Additionally, it shipped with the wrong seatpost. I have a ticket open with them at the moment (came iwth 150mm and should be 170mm).

photo
photo

I had this just happen to me and they gave me a standard written message pretty much stated that they can change things out when they want without notice. They offered me $50 in gear credit which isn't good for much. I would much rather have the 170mm as I am now in the market for a new dropper.

Does anyone know if a 200mm dropper will fit a 2023 cf7 Size medium?

Posted: Jun 22, 2023 at 11:34 Quote
Mkozo80 wrote:
m3hl wrote:
Just got this together. Had the fork and shock, and now its pretty much a (practcal) dream build. Unbelievably cheap on this last sale. Also changed to a 30t, Renthal cockpit, Ergon Ti saddle, and a few small things.

After one ride it had CRAZY cable binding and creaked like crazy. I moved them around and now its better, but still a weird design behind the BB. Additionally, it shipped with the wrong seatpost. I have a ticket open with them at the moment (came iwth 150mm and should be 170mm).

I had this just happen to me and they gave me a standard written message pretty much stated that they can change things out when they want without notice. They offered me $50 in gear credit which isn't good for much. I would much rather have the 170mm as I am now in the market for a new dropper.

Honestly I was totally expecting that. I got such a good deal its not the end of the world, still annoying and poor response. Still radio silence from them 3 weeks later. I just bought a PNW loam post I will be putting on this week. I will measure insertion and check to see if the 200 will work. I suspect it will be very close...

Posted: Jun 23, 2023 at 10:41 Quote
Mkozo80 wrote:

Tough to say its an extra 30mm needed. Sorry I dont have a better answer for you. I think the fact they spec most bikes of this size with 170 probably means its the optimal length - especially since it has travel adjust there would be no downside to a 200.

Posted: Jun 23, 2023 at 14:26 Quote
Thanks my man. Much appreciated.

Posted: Jun 24, 2023 at 12:45 Quote
Mkozo80 wrote:
Thanks my man. Much appreciated.

Another note: the canyon iridium posts are 100% the same as the pnw loam. Frustrating I spent all that money on the same post for an extra 20mm!!!

Posted: Jul 3, 2023 at 14:06 Quote
Mkozo80 wrote:

Just got an update. They pretty much told me to pound sand and I had to fight to get the same $50 gear credit, and it is still pending review so I might not even get it. Good lord I hope I don't have a warranty issue.... Its definitely an interesting experience going consumer direct, but would I pay an extra $1000 or so to have instant LBS support? Hard to say, but this customer service experience is far from great.

Posted: Jul 6, 2023 at 4:10 Quote
Hey guys,

Have a 2016 Canyon Strive AL 6.0 Race that I’ve just stripped to have painted, and while it’s apart I may as well replace all the pivot bearings.

I just can’t seem to find any concrete information on what it should have - I’ll list off what it’s currently got fitted; note I bought the frame used so I assume some bundy has fitted ones that aren’t quite correct previously.

7901vrd x1 6901llb x1 (I’m under the impression they should both be 7901vrd)
6902vrs x2
6801rs x2
698vrs x4

Can anyone confirm if these are correct?

Apologies if I come off as a noob, just want to make sure I’m putting the right ones back in

Posted: Jul 6, 2023 at 7:07 Quote
If you search it on the Canyon website there is some exploded drawing showing all of the bearing numbers.

Posted: Jul 6, 2023 at 15:34 Quote
Taylor084 wrote:
If you search it on the Canyon website there is some exploded drawing showing all of the bearing numbers.

Only for MY2017 onwards unfortunately

Posted: Jul 6, 2023 at 18:04 Quote
dionnkennedyy wrote:
Hey guys,

Have a 2016 Canyon Strive AL 6.0 Race that I’ve just stripped to have painted, and while it’s apart I may as well replace all the pivot bearings.

I just can’t seem to find any concrete information on what it should have - I’ll list off what it’s currently got fitted; note I bought the frame used so I assume some bundy has fitted ones that aren’t quite correct previously.

7901vrd x1 6901llb x1 (I’m under the impression they should both be 7901vrd)
6902vrs x2
6801rs x2
698vrs x4

Can anyone confirm if these are correct?

Apologies if I come off as a noob, just want to make sure I’m putting the right ones back in

Well after a lot of back and forward with the online chat on Canyons site and Google; the correct bearings are:
7902V-2RD x2
7901V-2RD x2
6801V-2RD x2
698V-RS x4

Hopefully this saves someone else the hassle haha

Posted: Jul 9, 2023 at 13:49 Quote
If anyone happens to have a 2022 Canyon Strive CFR frame that may have been warrantied and you have spare frame parts (non-drive side rocker linkage specifically) lying around please send me a PM.

On that note, if anyone has a 'friendly' contact at Canyon USA that I may be able to reach out to for a spare frame part, which I am happy to pay for (I'm not the original owner of the bike), please send me a PM.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020855
Mobile Version of Website