Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jul 10, 2023 at 3:12 Quote
majorjake wrote:
If anyone happens to have a 2022 Canyon Strive CFR frame that may have been warrantied and you have spare frame parts (non-drive side rocker linkage specifically) lying around please send me a PM.

On that note, if anyone has a 'friendly' contact at Canyon USA that I may be able to reach out to for a spare frame part, which I am happy to pay for (I'm not the original owner of the bike), please send me a PM.

I strongly recommend getting in touch with their team on the Live Chat on their website. Although I’m on the other side of the globe, I literally just ordered a Shapeshifter cover for my 2016 Strive and they were stupidly helpful, can’t rate them enough. You don’t have to be first owner either, they’ll sell individual parts to anyone (just not warranty claims for second+ owners)

Posted: Jul 11, 2023 at 8:01 Quote
Does anyone have a spare Spectral AL pre-2021 chainstay? I’ll gladly buy it off you as mine has snapped

Please message me and let me know if you’re able to help me out

Thank you
Chase

Posted: Jul 12, 2023 at 12:45 Quote
dionnkennedyy wrote:
majorjake wrote:
If anyone happens to have a 2022 Canyon Strive CFR frame that may have been warrantied and you have spare frame parts (non-drive side rocker linkage specifically) lying around please send me a PM.

On that note, if anyone has a 'friendly' contact at Canyon USA that I may be able to reach out to for a spare frame part, which I am happy to pay for (I'm not the original owner of the bike), please send me a PM.

I strongly recommend getting in touch with their team on the Live Chat on their website. Although I’m on the other side of the globe, I literally just ordered a Shapeshifter cover for my 2016 Strive and they were stupidly helpful, can’t rate them enough. You don’t have to be first owner either, they’ll sell individual parts to anyone (just not warranty claims for second+ owners)

Canyon USA came back and said "Unfortunately we do not carry that particular part for sale."

I'm beyond disappointed, trying to figure out how to escalate the request. I'm also going to try Australia and Canada.

Posted: Jul 13, 2023 at 20:11 Quote
Does anyone know if last gen (2018-2020) Canyon Spectral chainstays are interchangeable between Carbon and Aluminum?

Posted: Jul 15, 2023 at 2:09 Quote
chaseflanagan wrote:
Does anyone know if last gen (2018-2020) Canyon Spectral chainstays are interchangeable between Carbon and Aluminum?

I would imagine so since some of the models had a carbon front triangle with an alloy rear. I own a full carbon model and my mate had a half and half where the main pivot joint would come loose however, I have never once had this issue. They are essentially the exact same design just different materials one being lighter and stiffer.

Posted: Aug 10, 2023 at 10:06 Quote
Wanted to reach out an provide some details of my struggles. Bought a brand new CF7 a couple months ago. Out of the box, the rumors of the head set problems were true. Torqued everything to spec (digital torque wrench) and could never get it to mount without any play. Took if for a test ride and felt like the fork was going to fall off and the creak was definitely real and there. Replaced with all metal components and a new stem, regreased, fixed that issue.

2nd - bike came with a shorter dropper. I understand companies change spec based on parts availability but some sort of notice would have been nice. So out of the box I had a shorter dropper and a big headset/stem problem. Reached out to Canyon they brushed me off several times. Had to stay persistent , they gave me a $50 gear credit. Which amounts to pretty much nothing because they have no gear in stock and $50 doesnt get you much. My labor alone would have put me way over that amount. Whatever, they tried to make it right, i'm handy with tools and bikes not to big of a deal. Honestly not what I expected when buying a high end carbon bike.

Fast forward 2 rides not even 20 miles on the bike, the worst most wretched creak developed in the lower pivot. (no water touched the bike, and i'm in WA state so the trails weren't too dusty yet.

Message Canyon, jumped through all the hoops they asked me to to get ghosted. Ended up getting forwarded to Canyong Germany to be told they can't help me. I stayed persistent, Germany said their system doesn't talk to the system in US blah blah blah. This was after having about 10 email conversation with Canyon USA. Sent them pics, videos, serial #'s, order #'s, to just get the run around and ultimately end in Canyon Germanys lap.

Still with me?? Anywho kept on bugging them, Canyon Germany finally figured out their system can talk to Canyon USA and finally got some traction. This has gone on for about a month mind you.

I said screw it took it apart myself, to find carbon flash all over the lower portion of the swing arm that mounts to the lower pivot/frame. Also no grease in the bearings. Bone dry. I high grit sanded down the flash and regreased, assembled and re-torqued and now the bike is more silent then the day I bought it.

Never let canyon off the hook and kept pestering them. When they finally acknowledged I wasn't going a way, they merely said " Well sounds like you fixed it, how about a $200 credit" Thanks Canyon. Many hours spent fixing a brand new bike is pretty rad.

Either way just wanted people to know. Customer service is kind of a joke. No discussion about the problem just, whelp ya fixed here's a credit. Mind you bike shop fees for this would have been at least double.

Just wanted to put this info out there for all perspective buyers. I know many people have pleasant experiences but mine was far from it. Assembly quality is lacking.

Buddy of mine just bought a $6000 stumpy from a bike shop and they botched that assembly as well.. Maybe the craft of bike building is lost and it is more about quantity over quality.

Cheers@!

Posted: Aug 11, 2023 at 8:04 Quote
I think their service definitely varies from country to country as I’ve found the UK Canyon team to be super helpful. I have an issue with my 2019 Spectral frame and they squared it straight away and replaced the full frame. At the time my rear shock had an issue but was out of warranty and they even sent it off for me and used their discount so I could get it done cheaper and back on the bike faster. I have heard some right horror stories with the US side of Canyon so feel for you dude.

Posted: Aug 14, 2023 at 13:14 Quote
Mkozo80 wrote:
Wanted to reach out an provide some details of my struggles. Bought a brand new CF7 a couple months ago. Out of the box, the rumors of the head set problems were true. Torqued everything to spec (digital torque wrench) and could never get it to mount without any play. Took if for a test ride and felt like the fork was going to fall off and the creak was definitely real and there. Replaced with all metal components and a new stem, regreased, fixed that issue.

2nd - bike came with a shorter dropper. I understand companies change spec based on parts availability but some sort of notice would have been nice. So out of the box I had a shorter dropper and a big headset/stem problem. Reached out to Canyon they brushed me off several times. Had to stay persistent , they gave me a $50 gear credit. Which amounts to pretty much nothing because they have no gear in stock and $50 doesnt get you much. My labor alone would have put me way over that amount. Whatever, they tried to make it right, i'm handy with tools and bikes not to big of a deal. Honestly not what I expected when buying a high end carbon bike.

Fast forward 2 rides not even 20 miles on the bike, the worst most wretched creak developed in the lower pivot. (no water touched the bike, and i'm in WA state so the trails weren't too dusty yet.

Message Canyon, jumped through all the hoops they asked me to to get ghosted. Ended up getting forwarded to Canyong Germany to be told they can't help me. I stayed persistent, Germany said their system doesn't talk to the system in US blah blah blah. This was after having about 10 email conversation with Canyon USA. Sent them pics, videos, serial #'s, order #'s, to just get the run around and ultimately end in Canyon Germanys lap.

Still with me?? Anywho kept on bugging them, Canyon Germany finally figured out their system can talk to Canyon USA and finally got some traction. This has gone on for about a month mind you.

I said screw it took it apart myself, to find carbon flash all over the lower portion of the swing arm that mounts to the lower pivot/frame. Also no grease in the bearings. Bone dry. I high grit sanded down the flash and regreased, assembled and re-torqued and now the bike is more silent then the day I bought it.

You hit all the same things wrong with my bike (also a CF 7):
1. headset - changed to a metal ZS49 cap per forums/reddit
2. 150 dropper when 170 advertised - I got a $50 refund (not credit)
3. BB/pivot creaking - This was cable housing binding and NOT the actual pivot. Bad design but check those cables where they exit the BB area. Mine is silent now.

Posted: Aug 15, 2023 at 5:01 Quote
Not sure if it’s the same as the previous model that I have (650b CFR) however the cable routing on the BB needs a little frame protection or it rubs away at your frame. I saw a review about it on YouTube and then checked mine after 1 ride and it was rubbing so placed some protection on it which does the job. Not the best design and clearly not addressed on newer models either.

Posted: Aug 15, 2023 at 8:44 Quote
Taylor084 wrote:
Not sure if it’s the same as the previous model that I have (650b CFR) however the cable routing on the BB needs a little frame protection or it rubs away at your frame. I saw a review about it on YouTube and then checked mine after 1 ride and it was rubbing so placed some protection on it which does the job. Not the best design and clearly not addressed on newer models either.

Looks like the 21+ models have plastic grommet by the BB where the cables exit the frame and go into the swingarm. Ive been meaning to take the BB out and really check out the situation but i only have 150 miles on the bike.

Posted: Aug 30, 2023 at 5:24 Quote
Is there a way to source a 3rd party chainstay in alumnium or carbon for the 2016 Spectral Al (650b).

I have a cracked chainstay that I would like to replace.

Local Canyon website does not offer replacement chainstays...

Posted: Aug 30, 2023 at 10:20 Quote
Have you tried emailing them direct?

Posted: Aug 31, 2023 at 8:05 Quote
A word of warning to Canadians (and I assume anywhere else in the world aside from the USA) looking to buy (or sell) a less-than-2yr old second hand Canyon...

As their warranty policy states: "A warranty claim is independent of the original owner of the bike. That means if you've bought the bike second hand and it's less than 2 years old, you can still make the claim."

This is quite misleading. What I've learned, is that 1) you need to be purchasing from the ORIGINAL owner. If you happen to be purchasing from a third owner you're out of luck. 2)you need a contract SIGNED by both parties that includes a)price, b)serial number, c)purchaser and seller address.

If you ever consider buying a second hand Canyon and expect to be covered under their 2year warranty make sure you have your ducks in a row.

Posted: Oct 16, 2023 at 2:00 Quote
Anyone swapped Spectral 125 headset to something else?

I think mine is busted, but i dont want the original acros one.

Any suggestions?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020644
Mobile Version of Website