Can the carbon Nomad be my one bike quiver?

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Can the carbon Nomad be my one bike quiver?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2013 at 8:31 Quote
I've been thinking about replacing my Yeti 575 and my Santa Cruz Bullit with one Carbon Nomad. The Bullit doesn't pedal so well and the 575 could stand to be just a little beefier. What are your thoughts? Can the Nomad be my all mountain / xc bike that I sometimes ride lifts at Mammoth or Keystone with?

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 10:12 Quote
Thanks for the input. I've given this way too many hours of consideration. I just rode my Bullit for the first time in a while this morning and remembered how much fun it is. I think I've decided I don't want to give up two bikes to gain one. But I am going to swap out the fork on my Yeti for a Float 34, 160 and maybe put a 2X10 on. That ought to get me pretty close to where I want to be.

Posted: Jun 27, 2013 at 15:26 Quote
I think it depends on how much pedaling you do and how steep the climbs are. I don't like pedaling anything for long that has steeper than a 67 degree head tube angle...seems like the wheel just flops around and the bike wanders. But if you have tame climbs or not much of them, I think a lightly built Nomad C would be a great choice.

Posted: Jun 29, 2013 at 1:50 Quote
Get one!! I borrowed my mates nomad (Ali) to get to work for a week plenty of hills and a dabble in the jumps (don't tell him) what a bike you can peddle all day on these, get the tyres right and stick to 160 travel. He has a 34x9 speed and its plenty for ups and downs. I have one on order going with 35x10

Posted: Jul 19, 2013 at 11:39 Quote
kdiggity wrote:
I've been thinking about replacing my Yeti 575 and my Santa Cruz Bullit with one Carbon Nomad. The Bullit doesn't pedal so well and the 575 could stand to be just a little beefier. What are your thoughts? Can the Nomad be my all mountain / xc bike that I sometimes ride lifts at Mammoth or Keystone with?

Yes, it definitely can. My 1st-gen Nomad C weighed 28 lbs with a dropper post and an X-Fusion Vengeance HLR air fork. With a lighter fork and a 1x10 or 1x11 setup it could have been 26-27 lbs which is easily within the "do it all" range of weights for bikes.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2013 at 17:49 Quote
Yes! I ride a regular nomad everywhere and I love it. You'll be compromised on climbing speed but still make it where you need to go!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010737
Mobile Version of Website