New DH bike - Suggestions

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
New DH bike - Suggestions
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2013 at 9:00 Quote
I'm a 5'7" girl that's a intermediate+ rider looking for a new ride either this year or next. I currently ride a 2008 Specialized Demo 7 w/ Totems on the front (size M). I love my bike, but it's kind of heavy and I find that when I need to keep speed to either jump or on the flats, it's cumbersome to pedal. Looking for a lighter build that's fun to ride fast, jump/drop at the park, but also ok on technical DH. Any suggestions? BTW I ride a medium because I have long legs and arms that make a small specialized way too small (knees nearly hit handlebars).

Posted: Aug 19, 2013 at 13:41 Quote
what about the Bronson? its great for hitting jumps, etc and can also handle technical dh. I have a friend that uses it and loves it for all kinds of trails.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 8:43 Quote
what about an NS soda? Versatile frame and geo, pedals well and rips DH too. You can set it up anywhere from 150mm single crown to 200mm dual crown. 6-7" back and a really low top tube. Worth checking out.

Posted: Oct 12, 2013 at 2:42 Quote
totaly agree, NS Soda would be very good to you.

Posted: Oct 12, 2013 at 6:04 Quote
Scott Voltage FR, frames are pretty light, swap out the the forks and shock for you totems and an air rear shock...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010077
Mobile Version of Website