Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 2:06 Quote
Guys i’m thinking of getting a ‘shockwiz’ - just interested to see if any UK peeps would be interesting in hiring it out and what you be willing to pay for same 5 days.

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 18:34 Quote
Renting one would be an interesting idea, but I doubt buying it is worth your money.

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 at 1:45 Quote
@sg-mtn i was going to buy it and rent it out to recoup the money. But looking into it would be a lot of hassle for, would have to take full payment (then refund -£20) on safe return, rental agreement, insurance etc!

I’ve just told the local bike shop to buy one and rent out. He reckons should have one in end of march it seems average is £20 for a week. I will pay that no problem.

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 at 18:03 Quote
sostokedaboutthat wrote:
@sg-mtn i was going to buy it and rent it out to recoup the money. But looking into it would be a lot of hassle for, would have to take full payment (then refund -£20) on safe return, rental agreement, insurance etc!

I’ve just told the local bike shop to buy one and rent out. He reckons should have one in end of march it seems average is £20 for a week. I will pay that no problem.
just buy one, use it, then return it for refund lol. then buy it again after a month or two as a used product at a discount.

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 at 7:41 Quote
Anyone know if the turqoise marsh guard matches with the blue 2015-16 trance frame?

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 6:23 Quote
Hey all,

Can anyone just confirm for me that the BB on a 2016 Giant trance 2 is a BB92? As usual the american site doesnt list it. Went on the german one to find that info, but want to make sure that there isnt a difference between the euro model and the one I got here in the states.

- MM

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 10:37 Quote
has anyone fitted 2.8 tires on their new trance? Im looking at getting a 27.5+ bike with my eyes on a specialized stumpjumper 6fattie but i was told the new trance can fit up to 2.8 tires which is essentially a "plus bike". Trance Advanced 2 with 2.8 tires could be a pretty sweet trail weapon..

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 13:38 Quote
Clearance on the back is 2.6, but depends on tires.

I am tempted to try a 2.6 slaughter grid on the back.

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 14:21 Quote
sostokedaboutthat wrote:
Clearance on the back is 2.6, but depends on tires.

I am tempted to try a 2.6 slaughter grid on the back.

oh interesting...thought my LBS said they could fit 2.8. good to know, thanks

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 13:23 Quote
I'm only quoted the official specs. Which 2.8 they talking about?

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 15:13 Quote
sostokedaboutthat wrote:

not sure. We were just chatting about plus bikes vs non and what suited me best and i had thought he mentioned that the trance could fit 2.8 (as opposed to the 3.0 on the specialized 6 fatties). Would be an absolute winner for me if they could! dont think 2.6 is quite enough for "plus" territory.

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 15:15 Quote
sostokedaboutthat wrote:

Probably a Maxxis, they usually measure 2.6"

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 16:04 Quote
also who doesn't need a little wiggle room for that wheel to go untrue

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 5:19 Quote
kthorpe wrote:
sostokedaboutthat wrote:

not sure. We were just chatting about plus bikes vs non and what suited me best and i had thought he mentioned that the trance could fit 2.8 (as opposed to the 3.0 on the specialized 6 fatties). Would be an absolute winner for me if they could! dont think 2.6 is quite enough for "plus" territory.

Giant specifically states "2.6 inch tire clearance" for the 2017 model year. It is not marketed as a plus bike, however depending on manufacturer a 2.8 (may) fit depending on actual inflated measurement as many are overstated.

Side note, tires have a certain amount of "stretch". Inflating them to their max rating (so long as the rim can handle it, which most new ones can) and leaving it at that pressure overnight before airing down to a riding pressure will typically yield a fatter footprint and closer to marketed widths.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021889
Mobile Version of Website