where are all the riders from mass?

PB Forum :: USA - East
where are all the riders from mass?
Posted: Dec 31, 2013 at 17:05 Quote
shredjekyll wrote:
Just thought I'd share a quick clip of my last ride of 2013. Had a great day at Vietnam! Conditions were fantastic other than some ice in a few spots.

Please excuse my language, that tree was not very soft

Views: 507    Faves: 0    Comments: 2
Haha nice! Hey, first time I hit that drop I went too far to the left and clipped that white tree at the bottom of the jump...Luckily I jacked on the brakes or it would have been worse! It's a shame I'm not around, I woulda liked to go up to Nam...it's been a while since I've seen a day that's good enough though!

Posted: Dec 31, 2013 at 17:15 Quote
Definitely a pretty sketchy part of Nam to hit when you're alone haha. And yeah my trip today was kinda a spur of the moment decision and the conditions were pretty damn mint.

Some idiot was hunting in there though, pissed me off when he ignored me so I called the town and gave them his license plate lol.

Posted: Dec 31, 2013 at 17:56 Quote
shredjekyll wrote:
Definitely a pretty sketchy part of Nam to hit when you're alone haha. And yeah my trip today was kinda a spur of the moment decision and the conditions were pretty damn mint.

Some idiot was hunting in there though, pissed me off when he ignored me so I called the town and gave them his license plate lol.
Luckily last time I went it was with a friend...yeah it is pretty sketchy haha. Need 100% commitment to it, and that's not easy when you're alone and worried. And yeah it's bs...last time i was there there was a cop looking around for some people because there were some cases of arson back there. It's such a nice place, there's no way i want idiot hunters going around there or people starting fires. Next time you wanna head to nam and you know a few days in advance, hit me up! I'm down to go and I have a friend who hasn't been there yet and wants to go. Gotta find a nice day though, definitely not easy this time of year!

Posted: Dec 31, 2013 at 21:03 Quote
I actually noticed some weird burned areas. f*ckin shame that people suck so bad sometimes haha. And sounds good man ill probably go a lot this spring

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 at 12:27 Quote
Yeah, people have burnt some pretty big areas. It's a great place...I'm happy to hit pretty much everything there but I'll definitely try to go more often, and get more comfortable with it. It's such a good place to go and learn. Haha a friend took me there when I had a 120mm hardtail and I couldn't even drop off a curb and my first time there I was getting 3-4 feet of air, I was so impressed with myselflol

Posted: Jan 2, 2014 at 7:50 Quote
well this storm ought to put a hold on things for a while eh?

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 at 20:32 Quote
From Sturbridge. There are some nice singletracks and a small dirt pit behind the local Jr. High school (which has an active MTB club) and MILES of trails behind Charlton St. School in Southbridge (one town over).
I once found a good-sized burnt spot with an entire burnt Jeep in it while on a ride. Went back a week later, the roof was cut off. Another week later, the Jeep was gone.

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 at 21:00 Quote
The jeep story sounds about right haha. I haven't been out in sturbridge to ride at all, but I've done some XC in southbridge that wasn't bad. Thanks for posting! Big Grin

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 9:26 Quote
My ride: 2008 RM Flatline

I'm in Haverhill and ride Kenoza state forest a lot. Also charles ward reservation in andover is good.

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 12:55 Quote
Just a heads up: Vietnam is in pretty good shape now.....

BUT.... do yourself a favor and check the landings of all the jumps/drops for softness before you hit them..... I was having a great ride today and had already hit a bunch of jumps/drops and went bombing off the drop in this picture and got absolutely destroyed.............. tup

photo

I've hit it plenty of times but today when my wheels hit the ground they immediately sunk in 5 inches and I came to dead-stop and ate the biggest shit. At first I thought I broke multiple areas in my left arm because the entire thing including my hand was 100% numb but I determined it must've been a pinched nerve based on the ease of movement... few rocks missed my face by inches and honestly I'm shocked I was able to hop back on my bike and keep riding within a few minutes...

On another note... as I was still assessing myself some dude showed up and was about to hit the jump but luckily I waved him off so he didn't get smashed like I did..... careful out there!

Edit: I'm so mad I didn't have my phone mounted like I did to take this picture.... I would have an amazing video.......

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 at 13:13 Quote
I forgot to mention the trails at old Camp Robinson Crusoe in Sturbridge.

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 at 9:34 Quote
Anyone interested in trail building in haverhill. I have something started but need some extra help. And its illegal so keep it on the DL. PM me if interested.

Posted: Jan 25, 2014 at 7:51 Quote
awesome to see people on this topic now that i remade it!! jekly videos look great and lots of props for hitting those drops at nam. I went there last year. Didnt get to explore as much as i . ran out of water after 3.5hours and bent my rear rotor lol. I see some locals that are from around me that ride at batch, earls, robinson.!!! awesome to see people being active! I havent had the time to swing my leg over my bike in sometime.

Posted: Feb 2, 2014 at 14:18 Quote
Was going through my camera's memory card
Burnt Jeep I found in the woods.
before a wipe and I came across a photo of the burnt Jeep!

Posted: Mar 12, 2014 at 17:35 Quote
the snow is melting fast.... we aren't supposed to get much snow in the boston area with this storm... I hear cape and Plymouth, Duxbury are rideable. the sandy track drains well

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029025
Mobile Version of Website