Enduro Frame Talk

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro Frame Talk
Posted: Nov 11, 2013 at 11:03 Quote
Diegobustillos wrote:
Yes, I meant horrible looking IMO. Doesn't look nearly as bad in the green. Kinda nice actually.

The green one is a different model, the shock is more in line with the frame which looks a bit cleaner. But the pink one id more RADICAL.

Posted: Nov 11, 2013 at 11:13 Quote
Just the way I like it. Bit more stiff ontheattack rear. I get really close to bottoming out every ride, so it works for me. What do you guys generally run?

Posted: Nov 11, 2013 at 11:22 Quote
25-30%... Had bottoming out issues before I solved it with volume spacers in the air can. Now it is perfect.

Edit. This is with a Float CTD.

Posted: Nov 11, 2013 at 11:23 Quote
I have a Monarch and an Fox RC4. Ground hugging is not a term I would use when describing the traits of the Monarch in direct comparison with the coil.

Posted: Nov 11, 2013 at 11:26 Quote
Well, when comparing to a coil, of course, it's not the same. But I like it for what I use it. Can't upgrade to a AM and/or coil because of my frame.

Posted: Nov 11, 2013 at 11:37 Quote
dingus wrote:
I have a Monarch and an Fox RC4. Ground hugging is not a term I would use when describing the traits of the Monarch in direct comparison with the coil.

Bloody thing had me crashing the nomad on repeated drops... they are great for XC and trail riding, but the moment you try to push it, it will push back! Not in a good way ofc.

Posted: Nov 11, 2013 at 11:39 Quote
Like I said, I like it, but it is meant for trail, not AM.

Posted: Nov 11, 2013 at 14:53 Quote
If its bottoming out all the time unless you pump it up super hard sounds like you've got the wrong compression tune for your frame or are just running it fully open.

Posted: Nov 11, 2013 at 15:50 Quote
No, just haven't tried it with less air. Seems like I have 20% left at least at the end of rides.

Posted: Nov 11, 2013 at 17:08 Quote
TNFking wrote:
No, just haven't tried it with less air. Seems like I have 20% left at least at the end of rides.
try running 25-30% sag ( im pretty sure the monarch has sag lines on the shock) and winding a bit of compression on and it'll track the ground much better and still feel fairly stiff

Posted: Nov 11, 2013 at 18:38 Quote
It does have sag gradients. Seasons over, and got a lot of new parts (AM/Enduro) oriented and will give I a try.

Posted: Dec 21, 2013 at 18:51 Quote
So, question, higher leverage ratios good, or are lower ones better? And secondly, am currently planning on doing the EWS races in Colorado and was wondering, 2009 Trance w/ 5" rear good, or a bad idea?

Posted: Dec 22, 2013 at 6:06 Quote
On paper it's not an ideal bike for it, but as long as it's got fairly rugged parts it should manage fairly well.

Posted: Dec 22, 2013 at 6:12 Quote
Ok. So is there a preference for higher leverage ratios for Enduro, lower, or anything like that? And what happens if you run the wrong compression rate with a leverage ratio?

Posted: Dec 22, 2013 at 10:23 Quote
The longer the stroke of the shock the easier to control...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019727
Mobile Version of Website