Powered by Outside

Transition Bottlerocket Repaired and Powdercoated

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Transition Bottlerocket Repaired and Powdercoated
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 23, 2013 at 9:26 Quote
So i have a Bottlerocket that i just recently cracked, I have not heard back from transition on warranty so i looked at my options for getting it fixed and powder coated. Basically i am posting this because i was wondering if there would be any interest for a 2007 bottlerocket that has a crack. I would be getting it repaired by a welder that is currently running a metal fab course and has worked for a bike company welding frames. the guy who would be doing the powder coat used to paint all of Sinister's bikes, the paint job would be whatever color the person who wants to buy it wants.
The crack is on the underside of the top tube behind where the down tube is welded. there is also a very thin crack in the weld for the bottom rear pivot.

The only reason i am selling it is because i wanted to get more of a downhill race bike. the crack just happened at a very inconvenient time.

I would like to get around $1000 but this is just to see if theres any body who would be interested.

photo

Posted: Nov 23, 2013 at 12:10 Quote
I have a BR too and call Transition all the time for spares/replacements and tech advice and I've never not gotten through. What # or email are you using?

Posted: Nov 23, 2013 at 12:29 Quote
tollboothrichie wrote:
I have a BR too and call Transition all the time for spares/replacements and tech advice and I've never not gotten through. What # or email are you using?

I called the number on their support page and they said to email them, and i emailed both warranty@ and info@ i think. They replied and sent a warranty claim form, its been almost a week since i sent the form back

Posted: Nov 23, 2013 at 18:52 Quote
I'd give em a couple more days, A brand new frame BR is gonna net you at least $1500 built I'd think. I paid more than that and yours looks killer!

Posted: Nov 29, 2013 at 14:36 Quote
Transition decided for 650 i could get a replacement frame. i think i am better off selling it or keeping it.

So who wants it?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008829
Mobile Version of Website