Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2020 at 7:59 Quote
Yeah the enduro i was looking at sold anyways. and then i took my wreckoning for a ride yesterday and remembered how much i like it for the all around stuff, i dont think ive ever been riding park stuff and felt like i needed more bike. also dont really have the everyday terrain for an enduro close by here (even tho guys still buy those and nomads...)

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2020 at 19:58 Quote
Abacall wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
anyone ridden the new enduro in comparison to an evil (possibly a wreckoning)? Im loving my wreckoning but its a tad too small and I'm lusting after a used Enduro frame, but dont really want to make the change if the suspension feels better on the delta platform

Yep. New Enduro and new Wrecker. I got the Wrecker.
The Enduro feels like a DH bike, it's fast, stable, bottomless, crazy plowability. It's stupid fast going down stupid fast lines. Pedals damn well.
The new Wrecker feels more all-around. It's got a zip to it that the Enduro doesn't. It's poppier, snappier, just more lively. It doesn't feel like a DH bike, more like a very long-legged aggressive AM bike.
On scary-hairy and fast lines, I was more confident and faster on the Enduro. On most other trails I was happier on the Wrecker, where it was able to pedal fast, snap around, and party on everything.

They feel quite different. Both are crazy good. Just depends what you're looking for.

**The new Wrecker does have a pretty high BB, which, depending on the terrain, can be good or bad. If you're' riding a lot of flow trails, not so great. If you're riding tons of chunky stuff, it's awesome. One thing that I like about the higher BB is being able to use spring rate in combination with the flip-chips to dial in the ride, without getting it so low that you smash pedals everywhere. Check out the PB slowmo of the Enduro huck-to-flat. The pedal is damn close to the ground. Imagine jumping into a rock garden, and that pedal smashing a rock...
Have you been riding the new wreckoning in the low or x-low setting ? Good to start seeing some reviews rolling in on this bike. I'm having one built up next week.

Posted: Aug 23, 2020 at 6:07 Quote
anyone running a DVO Jade on an Evil Calling ?
any clearence issues for the piggy on bottom outs - i plan to run @ 55 mm stroke

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2020 at 7:01 Quote
broccolirob wrote:
Abacall wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
anyone ridden the new enduro in comparison to an evil (possibly a wreckoning)? Im loving my wreckoning but its a tad too small and I'm lusting after a used Enduro frame, but dont really want to make the change if the suspension feels better on the delta platform

Yep. New Enduro and new Wrecker. I got the Wrecker.
The Enduro feels like a DH bike, it's fast, stable, bottomless, crazy plowability. It's stupid fast going down stupid fast lines. Pedals damn well.
The new Wrecker feels more all-around. It's got a zip to it that the Enduro doesn't. It's poppier, snappier, just more lively. It doesn't feel like a DH bike, more like a very long-legged aggressive AM bike.
On scary-hairy and fast lines, I was more confident and faster on the Enduro. On most other trails I was happier on the Wrecker, where it was able to pedal fast, snap around, and party on everything.

They feel quite different. Both are crazy good. Just depends what you're looking for.

**The new Wrecker does have a pretty high BB, which, depending on the terrain, can be good or bad. If you're' riding a lot of flow trails, not so great. If you're riding tons of chunky stuff, it's awesome. One thing that I like about the higher BB is being able to use spring rate in combination with the flip-chips to dial in the ride, without getting it so low that you smash pedals everywhere. Check out the PB slowmo of the Enduro huck-to-flat. The pedal is damn close to the ground. Imagine jumping into a rock garden, and that pedal smashing a rock...
Have you been riding the new wreckoning in the low or x-low setting ? Good to start seeing some reviews rolling in on this bike. I'm having one built up next week.

Low, so far. But I'm going to flip it this week to see how it rides. With a Fox 36@170mm, In low my SA is 77, and HA is 65. I'm running a 180mm dropper, pretty much slammed all the way and it just fits. For my 155 riding weight, I've found the 350lb spring works perfect, at 27% sag.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 14:01 Quote
Short Evil riders chime in. Anyone 5'6"-5'7" riding smalls or medium offering or following? Trying to get a sizing down because I am comfortable on a medium Ripmo and SC but I know all these long lower slacker are changing things all over. And before you say sit on one there are none on the east coast. I know I called all the shops. Smile

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 17:12 Quote
Muggsly wrote:
Short Evil riders chime in. Anyone 5'6"-5'7" riding smalls or medium offering or following?
I’m 5’ 7” on a medium Offering, and a medium Following MB before that. I think I’d be on a small Offering if I was much shorter, but the medium Offering feels super planted.

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2020 at 8:41 Quote
Muggsly wrote:
Short Evil riders chime in. Anyone 5'6"-5'7" riding smalls or medium offering or following? Trying to get a sizing down because I am comfortable on a medium Ripmo and SC but I know all these long lower slacker are changing things all over. And before you say sit on one there are none on the east coast. I know I called all the shops. Smile

I’m 5’10” and ride a medium. I think sizing has something to do with intention. This is my play bike so I like it small and flickable. I have other bikes for the rowdy downhill which are large. I’d think about what your plan is for the bike and work for there.

Posted: Aug 29, 2020 at 6:27 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
Muggsly wrote:

I’m 5’10” and ride a medium. I think sizing has something to do with intention. This is my play bike so I like it small and flickable. I have other bikes for the rowdy downhill which are large. I’d think about what your plan is for the bike and work for there.

You can go smaller much easier than going to big. My main concern was whether there were people my height comfortable on a medium.

jadias wrote:
Muggsly wrote:
Short Evil riders chime in. Anyone 5'6"-5'7" riding smalls or medium offering or following?
I’m 5’ 7” on a medium Offering, and a medium Following MB before that. I think I’d be on a small Offering if I was much shorter, but the medium Offering feels super planted.

Awesome I love to hear it. What size stem are you using?

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2020 at 7:23 Quote
Muggsly wrote:

the ripmo, new hightower and offering feel pretty similar sizing-wise.

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2020 at 7:37 Quote
[Quote="Muggsly"]
Petiloi wrote:
Muggsly wrote:

You can go smaller much easier than going to big. My main concern was whether there were people my height comfortable on a medium.

My comment speaks to what your plan is. If comfort descending, hitting the ruts and the fast rough lines is what you plan to do with the bike, I’d say go for a medium as I would go for a large if I intended to use this bike for that. But if you want to play and trail I’d stay small for you. So at 5’10 a medium is my small playful bike meaning at 5’7 it’d be much more a descender for you. Yes I believe you’d fit the bike but it’d make it a choir to muscle around on trail that have minor features and jumps.

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2020 at 17:00 Quote
Muggsly wrote:
Awesome I love to hear it. What size stem are you using?
40mm stem (and 770mm bars).

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2020 at 20:29 Quote
Muggsly wrote:

Hey there! Im 5,8, and the medium is nearly too big. Running the saddle forward on the rails with 40mm Chromag Ranger stem. Makes for a steeper seat tube abgle and crazy stability, couldnt wish for anything better!

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2020 at 6:22 Quote
Hoping someone can help me decide between an offering or a calling? I'm 5'5 and looking at a small in either. I like how 29ers roll but often find rear wheel clearance a bit of an issue. I was planning to mullet it (I did this to my 29er spec enduro and I did like the result) but wondering which would make a better frame for a mullet.

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 19:26 Quote
I'm looking at getting an Offering. I'm 6'3" 210 lbs. Any advice if I should go l or xl? Also, Super Deluxe Ultimate or Fox dpx2?

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 19:34 Quote
D99 wrote:
I'm looking at getting an Offering. I'm 6'3" 210 lbs. Any advice if I should go l or xl? Also, Super Deluxe Ultimate or Fox dpx2?

Not sure on the size but I’d say dpx2 for sure. Fun poppy little shock.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018346
Mobile Version of Website