Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 15:37 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
photo
She’s a bit dirty but likes it that way. Currently running the Ext Storia on her and man I can’t say enough good things about it. Talk about traction in the wet. I’m also running the cascade links on it. Another upgrade I would recommend.

Man those wreckers look nice. Unfortunately I can’t see a need for that big of a bike out side of a few instances abs park riding. Everything I’ve thrown at the offering it’s handled with aplomb. I’m sure the big dog may have been a bit faster in some steep sketchy stuff but I do enjoy the challenge of navigating on the offering.
Can you tell us more about how it rides with the Cascade Link?

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 15:45 Quote
661lee wrote:
Petiloi wrote:
photo
She’s a bit dirty but likes it that way. Currently running the Ext Storia on her and man I can’t say enough good things about it. Talk about traction in the wet. I’m also running the cascade links on it. Another upgrade I would recommend.

Man those wreckers look nice. Unfortunately I can’t see a need for that big of a bike out side of a few instances abs park riding. Everything I’ve thrown at the offering it’s handled with aplomb. I’m sure the big dog may have been a bit faster in some steep sketchy stuff but I do enjoy the challenge of navigating on the offering.
Can you tell us more about how it rides with the Cascade Link?

Oh yeah. It’s not completely transformative and it won’t turn you into an amazing rider but it does change the leverage curve to produce better small bump sensitivity. Which is always nice and lowers the leverage in the last part of the travel to help with bottom out resistance. I think it’s more appropriate for coil
than air due to the progressive nature of air shocks. But the small bump is noticeable. Also in changing to the cascade link I notice more need to use a climb switch than without it. I like it as I prioritize going down over making good time up. It also bumps the travel 4mm which is not noticeable. Let me know if I missed anything. Or if there is anything specific you’d like me to touch on.

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 16:06 Quote
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!

Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 23:50 Quote
Pyres wrote:
Curious to know how the DHF goes on the rear wheel. Both 2.5 front and rear, or 2.3 in the rear?

It just works.... 2.5F 2.3R

Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 23:51 Quote
wllmd wrote:
jor4s wrote:
photo

The Wrecker in deepest darkest Wales.

Why does this look so super slack???

Because it is super slack! Big Grin

Posted: Feb 6, 2021 at 19:19 Quote
I mean there is no reason to have a bike with less travel when you have the wreck. It’s efficient enough to do trail duties. Not like old enduros that pedal bobbed like crazy.

My suspension moves less than my friends bike that has 130mm when we’re knocking out the miles.

Posted: Feb 6, 2021 at 19:21 Quote
jor4s wrote:
wllmd wrote:
jor4s wrote:
photo

The Wrecker in deepest darkest Wales.

Why does this look so super slack???

Because it is super slack! Big Grin

Do you have an angled headset?

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2021 at 20:28 Quote
wllmd wrote:
I mean there is no reason to have a bike with less travel when you have the wreck. It’s efficient enough to do trail duties. Not like old enduros that pedal bobbed like crazy.

My suspension moves less than my friends bike that has 130mm when we’re knocking out the miles.

I would say I have to disagree here. I would even go so far to say that the inverse is true. Most people out there riding the wreck aren’t using it to its full capabilities and are just masking a lacking skill set with lots of travel. If your running rampage yeah that bike makes a lot of sense, if your pedaling to trails with a dude who is on a 130mm travel bike it doesn’t.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2021 at 20:57 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
wllmd wrote:

I would say I have to disagree here. I would even go so far to say that the inverse is true. Most people out there riding the wreck aren’t using it to its full capabilities and are just masking a lacking skill set with lots of travel. If your running rampage yeah that bike makes a lot of sense, if your pedaling to trails with a dude who is on a 130mm travel bike it doesn’t.

^this for sure. my current bike has 135mm rear and beats my old 161mm wreckoning in every single way

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 8:26 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Petiloi wrote:
wllmd wrote:

^this for sure. my current bike has 135mm rear and beats my old 161mm wreckoning in every single way

Yo newbermuda, whatcha riding?

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 19:09 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
Petiloi wrote:

Banshee Prime v3. Have a zeb on it at 160mm and theres nothing around here it cant handle.

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 20:29 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Petiloi wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Banshee Prime v3. Have a zeb on it at 160mm and theres nothing around here it cant handle.

That’s a nice bike for sure and nicely balanced geo. Longer wheel base with a not overly slack head tube angle. Sounds like a winner.
I did love the zeb while I was running it on a Rocky Mountain slayer. Currently I have a Deviate highlander to handle my big boy duties. Similar geo to the prime and I’m running a 38 on it to handle the smashing. I have to say I do like the 38 a whole lot as well.
So do you still have the wrecker? Or did you move on?

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2021 at 6:37 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
Petiloi wrote:

That’s a nice bike for sure and nicely balanced geo. Longer wheel base with a not overly slack head tube angle. Sounds like a winner.
I did love the zeb while I was running it on a Rocky Mountain slayer. Currently I have a Deviate highlander to handle my big boy duties. Similar geo to the prime and I’m running a 38 on it to handle the smashing. I have to say I do like the 38 a whole lot as well.

I was wondering how you liked the slayer, i was thinking about getting one for big backcountry stuff, but 170mm front and rear isn't the most well-rounded haha. The highlander is super cool, and if it can handle stuff you rode the slayer on, then it must be a great bike. my brother just picked up the new nomad with a 38 and it seems like a great fork, although i think it takes a bit more work to set up than the zeb does.

Sold the wreckoning in december, replaced it with the prime. I also picked up a transition spur a couple weeks ago for doing longer rides, I've been putting together loops out in west marin to ride trails i wouldn't be able to do on an after-work ride. Ive been thinking about swapping out my prime frame for a titan to get a little more separation between my two bikes, but not totally sold yet.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2021 at 15:52 Quote
Calling with a DHX2 as mentioned...

Unfortunately putting her on the block to grab something much shorter travel for those long days and will build a long travel play bike for the steep days.

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2021 at 18:27 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Petiloi wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

I was wondering how you liked the slayer, i was thinking about getting one for big backcountry stuff, but 170mm front and rear isn't the most well-rounded haha. The highlander is super cool, and if it can handle stuff you rode the slayer on, then it must be a great bike. my brother just picked up the new nomad with a 38 and it seems like a great fork, although i think it takes a bit more work to set up than the zeb does.

Sold the wreckoning in december, replaced it with the prime. I also picked up a transition spur a couple weeks ago for doing longer rides, I've been putting together loops out in west marin to ride trails i wouldn't be able to do on an after-work ride. Ive been thinking about swapping out my prime frame for a titan to get a little more separation between my two bikes, but not totally sold yet.

Man the Rocky was crazy but another example of having way too much bike and it just making every trail dull. The Highlander does everything I need and more. It’s a very cool bike.
It’s funny, I wanted to get bikes further apart in travel but realized that I’d really only ride one bike and rarely use the other. At this point the only time I choose the highlander over the offering is when I head to UCSC or Marinwood or if I’m gonna run crack out in Pacifica. And I’ll always choose the evil over the highlander if I’m doing jump lines. Otherwise I alternate them, both are highly capable and I have a blast on both. I do have to say though that the act of five p-train has caught my eye and I might be ordering one at some point.

Yeah the 38 takes a bit longer to work out. But I’m really liking how I can dial it in and really fine tune for specific situations. I also don’t weight to much so I can run the 38 with no volume spacers. So small bump is amazing.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.196377
Mobile Version of Website