Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Nov 13, 2022 at 13:34 Quote
Hey folks,

Sorry for bringing this up but I'm just so curious. Does anyone know what happened back in the day with the "MK2" or "updated" Undead and Uprising frames?

I believe I might have an Uprising as such.

Posted: Nov 13, 2022 at 19:27 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
txcx166 wrote:
Anyone heard anything on a following V4? Is one coming soon? Differences? I’m really close to pulling the trigger on a V3 from
My offering V1 and seem to be pretty good at being the last guy to by the “old” model. I wouldn’t sweat it other than the superboost commitment of a new wheel set.

they just updated it with a new rear triangle and a new color, so id say a v4 is a few years off.

Doesn't mean they won't come out with an updated model next year using the new rear triangle, seeing as the geo is pretty dated.

Santa Cruz updated the TB4's rear triangle for UDH last year and came out with the "all new" TB5 this year. I bet the TB5 uses the same rear triangle as last year's TB4

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2022 at 21:08 Quote
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
txcx166 wrote:
Anyone heard anything on a following V4? Is one coming soon? Differences? I’m really close to pulling the trigger on a V3 from
My offering V1 and seem to be pretty good at being the last guy to by the “old” model. I wouldn’t sweat it other than the superboost commitment of a new wheel set.

they just updated it with a new rear triangle and a new color, so id say a v4 is a few years off.

Doesn't mean they won't come out with an updated model next year using the new rear triangle, seeing as the geo is pretty dated.

Santa Cruz updated the TB4's rear triangle for UDH last year and came out with the "all new" TB5 this year. I bet the TB5 uses the same rear triangle as last year's TB4

i dont really think evil and SC are comparable in terms of manufacturing. also the following geo was dated when they launched it

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 4:02 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
Same!
Evil Calling

Nice)

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 15:16 Quote
Hey guys, couple of questions.

Currently own an Orbea Rallon, but haven’t been riding for about a year. Getting back in to it now and feeling the need for something a bit more do it all (not that the Rallon is bad), and I think the offering is the way to go.

Firstly, I’ve always been an XL in most frames at 6’2, but the recommended size for me in the offering is a L. Should I take this with a pinch of salt? I know some manufacturers are out of touch with what size they think you should take but evil doesn’t seem to be one of them.

Second, is there much point in going with the new LS or is it literally just an aesthetics/very small differences? I’ve seen a couple of offers on v2 Offerings. Although the Absinth colourway is unbelievable in the LS so I’m still tempted.

Thanks from a soon to be Evil owner (hopefully)

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 16:16 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:

Currently own an Orbea Rallon, but haven’t been riding for about a year. Getting back in to it now and feeling the need for something a bit more do it all (not that the Rallon is bad), and I think the offering is the way to go.

Firstly, I’ve always been an XL in most frames at 6’2, but the recommended size for me in the offering is a L. Should I take this with a pinch of salt? I know some manufacturers are out of touch with what size they think you should take but evil doesn’t seem to be one of them.

Second, is there much point in going with the new LS or is it literally just an aesthetics/very small differences? I’ve seen a couple of offers on v2 Offerings. Although the Absinth colourway is unbelievable in the LS so I’m still tempted.

Out of curiosity, What doesn"t the Rallon do for you? I've owned an Insurgent, Calling, and Wreckoning V3 and a Rallon...Rallon climbs better than all of them, Descends nearly as well as the Wreckoning V3. Biggest issue w/ the Rallon was short outdated geo....(I have a 2018 w/ 2020 linkage long stroked...w/ 170/170 travel @ 31lbs. Still climbs like a 140mm bike. Evil still my favorite brand. The bikes are just fun.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 16:29 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:

I personally really love my offering. I’ve got the size medium, about 5’10” or so. It feels good. Small enough to feel playful on the trail but long enough to feel stable downhill. Feels great at the park as well as on the rowdy pisgah dh and climbs fine on the local trail. I didn’t like the air shock, felt either too harsh or bottom out really easy so I put a coil on and it’s been awesome. The ls does look cool and I do like the added little parts especially the trunnion spacers being attached. Kinda up to you and if you find a good deal though. Plus you get a warranty with new. Good luck!

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 20:38 Quote
jzdyrko wrote:
ChrisTunn wrote:

Out of curiosity, What doesn"t the Rallon do for you? I've owned an Insurgent, Calling, and Wreckoning V3 and a Rallon...Rallon climbs better than all of them, Descends nearly as well as the Wreckoning V3. Biggest issue w/ the Rallon was short outdated geo....(I have a 2018 w/ 2020 linkage long stroked...w/ 170/170 travel @ 31lbs. Still climbs like a 140mm bike. Evil still my favorite brand. The bikes are just fun.

Honestly it’s a great bike. I feel like I just need something new to get me excited again, as stupid as it sounds

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 20:59 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
ChrisTunn wrote:

I personally really love my offering. I’ve got the size medium, about 5’10” or so. It feels good. Small enough to feel playful on the trail but long enough to feel stable downhill. Feels great at the park as well as on the rowdy pisgah dh and climbs fine on the local trail. I didn’t like the air shock, felt either too harsh or bottom out really easy so I put a coil on and it’s been awesome. The ls does look cool and I do like the added little parts especially the trunnion spacers being attached. Kinda up to you and if you find a good deal though. Plus you get a warranty with new. Good luck!

Yeah I’m almost wanting to go large so I don’t have too much of the long reach feeling of an enduro rig. I’ve always had that over my last 3/4 bikes, and it would be nice to have something a bit more playful. Food for thought! Thanks

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 10:33 Quote
I’m 6’2” and would ride a medium if my legs weren’t so long.

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 13:23 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:
kiranseligman wrote:
ChrisTunn wrote:

Yeah I’m almost wanting to go large so I don’t have too much of the long reach feeling of an enduro rig. I’ve always had that over my last 3/4 bikes, and it would be nice to have something a bit more playful. Food for thought! Thanks

I'm 187 cm or around 6'1'' and I went from XL Canyon Torque 2020 (which I felt was a bit too big for me) to Meduim Evil Calling 2020. Beside needing a bit longer dropper I don't miss anything. Bike is more fun and alive, which is exacly what I wanted. I was deciding between M and L but I risked a bit and picekd M. Size L would be safe option for me and probably also for you.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 16:23 Quote
@!Christunn Wanting to try something new is my reason for everything. I build 1-2 bikes a year, 10 since 2017. Usually have 4-5...then buy and sell one whenever I see something I want to try. I just built up a Deviate Claymore for that reason as well....Now I'll finally be selling my Rallon.

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 17:56 Quote
Does anyone have experience with running a 1.0 or 1.5 degree angleset on a Following or Offering? They both have similar head tube angles and im debating purchasing one but don't know if I will be able to notice the difference. I don't really think of the Following as being skittish downhill and can't find anything I am in desperate need of improving but It seems like according to other people going from of 66.5 degree HTA down to 65 degree makes a big difference descending.
Thanks!

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 19:53 Quote
Lion1 wrote:
Does anyone have experience with running a 1.0 or 1.5 degree angleset on a Following or Offering? They both have similar head tube angles and im debating purchasing one but don't know if I will be able to notice the difference. I don't really think of the Following as being skittish downhill and can't find anything I am in desperate need of improving but It seems like according to other people going from of 66.5 degree HTA down to 65 degree makes a big difference descending.
Thanks!

Have not run the angle set though if you overfork about every 10mm extra travel is another .5 degree slacker so on my offering I’ve got it 160 and in the slack setting. Compared to the normal 150 and high setting it feels different, but better downhill for sure. Took a bit to get used to but definitely prefer the slacker version. It’s hard to describe what it feels like but it makes the bike feel a lot more stable downhill which I like, but it still has the poppy playful feeling it did before.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 21:14 Quote
Lion1 wrote:
Thanks!
No experience on a Following or offering but I ran them on my Insurgent, Calling, and Wreckoning V3. I prefer it as you slacken out the bike without slackening the STA.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023574
Mobile Version of Website