Worst Time to get a Puncture/Flattie Situation?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Worst Time to get a Puncture/Flattie Situation?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 14:18 Quote
My worst situation was when i was halfway round a paper round, other side of town, torrential rain and POOF i didn't see a kerb coming and was going too fast. Took an age to get home and when i did get home i had to fix it and go back out again !!

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 14:21 Quote
ran over some glass when I was far away from my house. I didn't notice I popped my tire, because it didn't go flat right away. when I stopped for traffic, I heard the sound of air excaping. so I said oh shit! im not walking home, so I pedaled as fast as I could, and later down the road, it went flat. I thought I would ride it with the back tire flat, but ended up walking home. it took forever.......

when I got home, I seen a peice of glass sticking out of my tire

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
went down a hill, and his a patch of mud, slipped out and front tire popped when it hit a tree, and the mud was home to around 100000000000000000003 blood sucking demons aka mosquito's, wow worst walk down the hill of my life

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 14:25 Quote
well not really that bad but my parents weren't home and i was like 1 million miles away from my house and i had to walk all the way back when i got back there was like 4 holes in my tube

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
a c ouple of miles away from my house when no one was home and i was in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone. fun walk

now i get these tubes that are mad think and have the slime

havent had a flat in almost a year with those tub es

regular tubes would last about a mounth

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 14:35 Quote
halfway down bearcub right after the original sin stepup and hip. i saw that i had a flat and almost cried.
long ass hike if you know what i mean.

I HATE BEARCUB, worst trail at whistler, usually i dont ride it, but it was the only option on that day.

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 14:38 Quote
you know what, I think it's a good idea to bring a small backpack, with shoulder straps and waist straps, so you can keep a phone in there, money, and maybe a spare tube in there, just incase your close to a gas station or something. if you ride around town like me, you can most of the time find a gas station with a pump nearby

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 15:23 Quote
crash23 wrote:
halfway down bearcub right after the original sin stepup and hip. i saw that i had a flat and almost cried.
long ass hike if you know what i mean.

I HATE BEARCUB, worst trail at whistler, usually i dont ride it, but it was the only option on that day.

I hear ya there that is quite the hike down. I love bearcub though, just pin it ,get all sideways, good times.

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 15:24 Quote
on fort william course (sum guy did it its on earthed 5)

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 15:28 Quote
I did a motowhip off a jump (I mean motowhip-I had 2-Ply DH casing tires with 35 psi) and pinch flatted at the top of the trail. Only like a 3 mile walk back home...in the dark.

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 15:40 Quote
I'll speak for postcanyonFR on this one. Just finished the second section on local DH(KNAR) trail, get a flat rear, in the dark, long ass hike, did i mention it was dark(pitch black). All thanks to stupid jesse who wanted to squeeze in another run.

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 15:43 Quote
Any time you don't have a spare!

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 15:45 Quote
probably when your like 3 people away from your first downhill race. happened to one of my sorta friends, he was adjusting his bike making sure everything was working, and then was riding it around the top of the hill to make sure everything felt right and POP. but the race official was nice enough to let him take one of the last spots and get his tire fixed.

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 15:49 Quote
last summer i over shot a step up and popped my tire and it tore the valve off and i had to carry my bike home for over 3kms.
I had a patch kit in my backpack but it wouldnt fix a ripped off valve.

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
A couple summers back, I was out at the trails and flatted on some roots. I checked the pouch under my seat, no spare tube. So I started walking, it took about an hour and a half to get home in my comfortable clipless shoes (Diadoras to be exact, not the skate shoe style). By the time I got home, both heels had blistered and ruptured and I walked the last 15 blocks rotating between bare foot and slipping my shoes on. It was fun.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013035
Mobile Version of Website