Am I being unreasonable?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Am I being unreasonable?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 3, 2014 at 22:50 Quote
So I ordered some Saint pedals from Chain Reaction Cycles, I placed the order pretty early Friday Dec. 27, not being notified of any delays prior to or after checking out and being told they'ed be shipped the same day I get an email Jan. 2 stating that my item will be ship Jan. 3.

Needless to say I'm kinda mad, had I known it was going to take this long, I would have paid for 2 day shipping or placed an order somewhere else.

Posted: Jan 3, 2014 at 23:16 Quote
Same thing happened to me and my mate that ordered parts on 27th, I phoned crc on Thursday to ask what was happening and they said it was delays due to large number of orders and reduced working hours over the Xmas/new year period.

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 at 0:00 Quote
mwilliams wrote:
Same thing happened to me and my mate that ordered parts on 27th, I phoned crc on Thursday to ask what was happening and they said it was delays due to large number of orders and reduced working hours over the Xmas/new year period.

I guess that's understandable, but like I said, I should have been notified of any delays before checking out. If I had ordered from CC or Amazon I probably wouldn't of had this problem.

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 at 0:28 Quote
Yeah I know, mine was sent on the 2nd by 48hr courier so I should get mine today.

I got them saint pedals last month, nice pedals, the spare pins even fixed the lock on patio door at home ha

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 at 1:39 Quote
mwilliams wrote:
the spare pins even fixed the lock on patio door at home ha

lol

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 7:48 Quote
I had two issues over Christmas with CRC.
First order I paid for next day delivery, which didn't happen. I complained and the postage fee was refunded, I also got a £10 voucher. Happy outcome.
Second time I ordered it was 23rd of Dec, went with the regular free shipping, order wasn't processed until Jan 3rd! I complained, quite vigorously this time. They didn't seem to care too much and fobbed me off with "We were busy".
From now on I think I'm going to use CRC when I see something expensive that is heavily discounted. Anything relatively cheap I will be buying from a LBS

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 11:04 Quote
My order still hasn't shown up yet, CRC has lost my business, I will not be ordering from them again.

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 11:18 Quote
Is it still at 'processing'?

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 11:41 Quote
Big-Tex wrote:
My order still hasn't shown up yet, CRC has lost my business, I will not be ordering from them again.

Email them and let them know how crap their service has been. Could get a refund on the shipping

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 14:29 Quote
For me personally, I would not write off a mail order company during the holiday season. Companies can be short staffed, but their volumes are up. Coupled with most shipping companies being buried in rush Christmas shipping requests. And who knows what the heck is happening at customs. CRC has no control over customs or shipping.

In the mail order companies I have dealt with, CRC has always impressed me. They have the widest selection of parts I know of. Their shipping is dirt cheap. Prices on parts are usually just about the lowest. They are great to deal with when it comes to returns. CRC parts get to me in Edmonton, Canada faster then any mail order company from the US (with the exception of Jenson).

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 22:01 Quote
ciantrigb wrote:
Email them and let them know how crap their service has been. Could get a refund on the shipping

I emailed them a week ago and they did refund the shipping cost.

Posted: Jan 17, 2014 at 13:22 Quote
It's been like that for items in the uk to although my new wheels turned up quickly lol

Posted: Jan 17, 2014 at 13:24 Quote
Seems to be sorted now, 3 ordered since 27th dec had long deliveries, just ordered a chain ring on sat and I had it mon morn.

Posted: Jan 19, 2014 at 11:29 Quote
Cackerman wrote:
For me personally, I would not write off a mail order company during the holiday season. Companies can be short staffed, but their volumes are up. Coupled with most shipping companies being buried in rush Christmas shipping requests. And who knows what the heck is happening at customs. CRC has no control over customs or shipping.

In the mail order companies I have dealt with, CRC has always impressed me. They have the widest selection of parts I know of. Their shipping is dirt cheap. Prices on parts are usually just about the lowest. They are great to deal with when it comes to returns. CRC parts get to me in Edmonton, Canada faster then any mail order company from the US (with the exception of Jenson).

Agreed, also in an ideal world you would get extra staff in over busy periods but it's hardly feasible to hire/train etc a number of new staff that you're only going to employ for a month or so

Posted: Jan 19, 2014 at 19:32 Quote
Pedals showed up on Friday, although I'm extremely disappointed with CRC's shipping, I'm very satisfied with the Saint pedals. Had my first spin on them today and didn't have any pedal slips, a drastic improvement over the oddessy bmx pedals I had on there.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013004
Mobile Version of Website