Discuss new BuySell Search Features

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Discuss new BuySell Search Features
Mod
Posted: Dec 12, 2023 at 12:20 Quote
I am not the head buysell dev, just a lowly mod, but i think the seller rating system would be one more annoying thing for us to moderate. people already abuse and spam the report system. you would have to have a way to report fraudulent ratings and scammers could use thier other accounts to boost ratings. seems good on the surface but is rife with problems in depth. I do not make the final decisions nor do i represent the opinions of pinkbike i am just stating my personal view.

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2023 at 12:28 Quote
mior wrote:
I am not the head buysell dev, just a lowly mod, but i think the seller rating system would be one more annoying thing for us to moderate. people already abuse and spam the report system. you would have to have a way to report fraudulent ratings and scammers could use thier other accounts to boost ratings. seems good on the surface but is rife with problems in depth. I do not make the final decisions i am just stating my opinions.

Exactly, it wouldn't work without some way to ensure the people doing the ratings are people that actually bought from that particular seller. The unfortunate reality is to do that would mean Pinkbike getting involved with the actual transactions, which would drastically changes the nature of the BuySell here, something I would not like to see.

I would respectfully suggest that we have eBay if you want that level of moderation and the crazy fees and taxes that go along with it.

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2023 at 21:08 Quote
mior wrote:
I am not the head buysell dev, just a lowly mod, but i think the seller rating system would be one more annoying thing for us to moderate. people already abuse and spam the report system. you would have to have a way to report fraudulent ratings and scammers could use thier other accounts to boost ratings. seems good on the surface but is rife with problems in depth. I do not make the final decisions nor do i represent the opinions of pinkbike i am just stating my personal view.

Is there a new Jake? Or is PB icon Trevor doing the lords work on both TF and the BuySell?

Posted: Dec 13, 2023 at 5:44 Quote
kwarwick43 wrote:
Allen82 wrote:
yoimaninja wrote:
I'm sure it's been brought up before, but for the love of god please implement a seller rating system!

I still can't believe this isn't a thing.
Is it really that difficult to add?

Much as I would like to see this too, I think it would be quite difficult to implement with the current structure.

Given the transactions between buyer and seller are in no way controlled by Pinkbike, I wonder how exactly would a seller rating system work?

Without a way to validate actual sales, anyone could add whatever ratings they want and there would be no way to validate the legitimacy.

Ya I get it, but at the same time it's not that different from 99% of other seller rating or review systems out there. Anybody can usually drop a review at will good or bad. Would be relying on the honor system. It's not perfect but I still think its better than nothing.

On thing that can maybe make it better is after marking as sold, confirming who you sold it to (via the messages). This could then give that user the option to leave a review if they wanted.

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2023 at 19:16 Quote
yoimaninja wrote:
kwarwick43 wrote:
Allen82 wrote:

I still can't believe this isn't a thing.
Is it really that difficult to add?

Much as I would like to see this too, I think it would be quite difficult to implement with the current structure.

Given the transactions between buyer and seller are in no way controlled by Pinkbike, I wonder how exactly would a seller rating system work?

Without a way to validate actual sales, anyone could add whatever ratings they want and there would be no way to validate the legitimacy.

Ya I get it, but at the same time it's not that different from 99% of other seller rating or review systems out there. Anybody can usually drop a review at will good or bad. Would be relying on the honor system. It's not perfect but I still think its better than nothing.

On thing that can maybe make it better is after marking as sold, confirming who you sold it to (via the messages). This could then give that user the option to leave a review if they wanted.

I've followed the buysell project and communicated with former ownership and multiple project mangers for many years. I'd estimate over the years they've sunk multiple six figures into the buysell modernization in payroll without any meaningful ROI from a direct buysell revenue stream.

The primary use case for the buysell in PB's eyes is for complete bikes that are transacted locally/ in person. This is what draws views and clicks to drive revenue (advertising/ digital products). Since scams/ fraud etc in ecomm transactions are managed with third party payments (PayPal etc.), it doesn't seem to be a priority for profitability.

If you want to use feedback as a measure trust. Link your eBay account and associated feedback.

I believe their monetization strategy is to leverage the PB platform within the Outside ecosystem in other ways..... such as
1) Banner advertising
2) Digital product subscriptions (Ouside+ and Trailforks)

The buysell draws in clicks and views for the above monetization format. Further moderation of the buysell and entrance into the payments/ feedback arena would require resources which are not a short term line item. Hurry up and wait till after Outside goes public.

Posted: Jan 6, 2024 at 18:45 Quote
Hey guys and gals wondering if i need a new email instead of using my gmail, it says i have to have an email of less than 25 characters... i cant use my normal gmail?

Posted: Jan 20, 2024 at 11:56 Quote
I'm fairly new to Pinkbike, and have made several purchases, but have yet to list anything for sale. Reading this thread is very informative in terms of the challenges of posting and shipping. Most of the people I've gotten parts from are West Coast and I'm in NS, so there is a small issue of shipping. I've been having PayPal problems, and I appreciate the flexibility of those from whom I've purchased, and realize that I'll need to extend that same flexibility.

Posted: Jan 21, 2024 at 8:54 Quote
I listed a bike for sale…wondering why I can’t see it listed in the ads?

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2024 at 14:09 Quote
hammy56 wrote:
I listed a bike for sale…wondering why I can’t see it listed in the ads?

It probably appears after a ton of Boosted ads.

Posted: Feb 1, 2024 at 4:24 Quote
Having trouble changing my ad to 'SOLD"
I go through the steps to mark it sold but it doesn't change the ads status.

Any others having this problem?

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2024 at 10:12 Quote
Touching base on this issue which is still ongoing.

The "return to listing link" feature itself is very useful when a buyer goes to the message thread to read a reply from a seller. At this point they have no easy way to get back to the listing.

progressioncycles wrote:
Hey Jake and Trevor,

Any chance you would be able to fix the issues the "return to listing" link within messages as outlined below.

progressioncycles wrote:
Site issue - messages.
Snip/ - AUG 2023

Issue:The newish listing link that links back to the listing from inbox messages is still having a bad attitude with consistent inconsistency of functionality.

Context: The majority of messages come through with "is it available or I want to buy this". After the buyer gets the "it's available" reply. They then don't remember the item price, location, or shipping amount (total price) and can't get back to the listing where shipping and payment information is noted.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analysis / Breakdown

Buy Side
Mobile/ mobile desktop:
----- Customer Journey: seller profile --> Buysell Stuff --> death scroll 100+ items Jail . find price/ shipping amount. get back to message now knowing price/ shipping.
----- Alternative: I can send a simple link to my "seller history". However, that still leads to deathscroll and there is no search for individual items in "seller history"
Desktop:
----- Customer Journey: seller profile --> Buysell Stuff --> command f to search 100+ items Jailbreak

Sell Side:
Mobile: profile --> Buysell Stuff --> death scroll 100+ items Jail . Find item, copy link, switch to desktop mobile to get link button, copy paste link. send message. ***Mobile site does not have the link button within the messages. (refer to photo 3).

Overall
----- Search issue - "seller history": The search bar that is located in "Seller history" does a search of the entire buysell, not the individual items in seller history. For example, if a buyer is trying to find a "XT crankset" I have for sale. Using the search from "seller history" in this case returns 14 pages results from all categories. The ability to search for an item specifically from the individual seller would a nice to have. Often buyers seek to bundle multiple items from the same seller and save on shipping. (REF photo 4)

Message link issues
1) Desktop ( REF photo 1): messages from the same item and different users. The listing link doesn't show up in all messages.
2) Mobile desktop vs mobile site (REF photo 2): same message from same user. The listing link does not show up on the mobile site. However, it does on the mobile desktop site and desktop site.
3) Mobile site on mobile: The listing link does not show up at all. (ref photo 2)
4) Mobile site on mobile: the little banner with font/link/photo/ emojis isn't on the mobile site. (REF photo 3)
Recommendation
1) Messages: pls fix message "link to listing"
2) "seller history" search: Add default option to search specifically individual seller "seller history". Ideally "all" / both title and description (REF photo 5)

References
Photo 1
photo

Photo 2
photo

Photo 3
photo

Photo 4
photo

Photo 5
photo

Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 13:15 Quote
Where do I go for help with a message I received via email alert that isn't in my inbox? Thank you mucho!

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 17:00 Quote
mts23k wrote:
Where do I go for help with a message I received via email alert that isn't in my inbox? Thank you mucho!

If it's recent spam garbage from PNKbike-id4919d (or similar), it's probably already been deleted.

Posted: Mar 1, 2024 at 10:38 Quote
Hi - I am shipping a bike purchased via PinkBike - Do folks have a suggestion for UPS vs. Fed Ex vs?
What is the best currier?
Thank you!

Posted: Mar 1, 2024 at 10:44 Quote
SlatteryJohn wrote:
Hi - I am shipping a bike purchased via PinkBike - Do folks have a suggestion for UPS vs. Fed Ex vs?
What is the best currier?
Thank you!

Either should be fine. I'd advise to make sure the bike is packed safely, so no damage can occur via transport, and make sure you send tracked and insured.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012865
Mobile Version of Website